The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 03-16-2022, 09:07 AM   #1
Scotavo
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Caprice PPV 2014 Caprice PPV
Why Switzerland has the lowest gun crime of ALL the W. Democracies

Boys and Girls turn 18 and are offered military training. Issued a battle rifle (mine is H&K) and a side arm (Sig) and lots of ammo. Training complete, you take it all home with you. Ever wonder why the Nazi's invaded every other country around them but not Switzerland? Thought maybe it was because of the neutrality of Switzerland? "Wrong guess Hans". I know households who still have battle rifles from 1900 and handguns from earlier, all government issue. (People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.)
Scotavo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 10:24 PM   #2
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Agree with you on a lot of that. The Nazi invasion part though wasn’t about armed Swiss though. The government was aligned with Berlin, bought German military equipment, shot down allied aircraft, and even kept allied POW’s. Switzerland is one of my favorite countries. It’s also a small fraction of the size of the US, extremely xenophobic, and highly structured & regulated, so not easy to compare to other nations, the US in particular.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 05:11 AM   #3
Scotavo
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
Agree with you on a lot of that. The Nazi invasion part though wasn’t about armed Swiss though. The government was aligned with Berlin, bought German military equipment, shot down allied aircraft, and even kept allied POW’s. Switzerland is one of my favorite countries. It’s also a small fraction of the size of the US, extremely xenophobic, and highly structured & regulated, so not easy to compare to other nations, the US in particular.
Small? How about 8 million citizens, a third of whom are out of the country at any given time. Don't discount that the Nazi's kept billions of $ in stolen wealth there. Why invade your wealth. Not just extremely Xeno-hostile (not phobic, that means afraid. CERN was perfecting back pack nukes by 1956), but also ethno-centric and patriarchal. Highly structured and regulated? Like the gun laws in Detroit, Chicago and NYC? The facts of Switzerland are easy to compare with any country and not just the gun violence ones. Seen a luxury retail store looted there? How about a fast food or pharmacy store front? "fiery but peaceful demonstrations"? My employer, The Political Instability Task Force, has a web site that makes comparisons easy, of all the 195 nations of the world. We don't make the news, but we do report it.
Old 03-18-2022, 07:55 AM   #4
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Switzerland is small compared to the US.

Switzerland is highly structured & regulated in a positive way that would be foreign to the millions of lazy and/or criminal that would never accept things like greater good and working towards mutually beneficial projects or programs.

You started this thread stating that the Germans didn’t invade Switzerland because of the armed populace, but then acknowledge the close ties between the government.

Xeno-hostile makes more sense. I like that.

As far as Chicago or Detroit you’re mixing the highly regulated Swiss culture that the hodgepodge of Americans would never accept as a comment on gun control. Different thoughts there, but yes strict gun laws have shown to be creators of violence, and not the other way around.

You tend to come off hyper defensive. I agree with you and we’re just missing each other’s finer points. Relax brother it’s all good.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 06:20 AM   #5
Scotavo
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
Switzerland is highly structured & regulated in a positive way that would be foreign to the millions of lazy and/or criminal that would never accept things like greater good and working towards mutually beneficial projects or programs.

True.

You started this thread stating that the Germans didn’t invade Switzerland because of the armed populace, but then acknowledge the close ties between the government.

Both are true. The Swiss learned "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer" long ago.

Xeno-hostile makes more sense. I like that.

As far as Chicago or Detroit you’re mixing the highly regulated Swiss culture that the hodgepodge of Americans would never accept as a comment on gun control. Different thoughts there, but yes strict gun laws have shown to be creators of violence, and not the other way around.

Not so different thoughts. I was not suggesting US cities could benefit from Swiss gun attitudes. Morons can't be trusted with guns, drugs or charity. You stated why.

You tend to come off hyper defensive. I agree with you and we’re just missing each other’s finer points. Relax brother it’s all good.
Hyper! Me? (Irony ) Consider Xeno-hostile, among other replacement of phobic with hostile. Hyper defensive is the personality trait of all those who call a spade a spade and do not say "not that there's anything wrong with that" when the wrong is self evident. You might say they are convinced that "A thing is what it is and not something else". The good news is we don't miss each others points. Nor do we disagree. The hyper-defensive are just loath to be misunderstood. Better to express oneself forcefully than THAT!
Yes its obvious to me we agree on more than enough to throw around loaded words like brother. "Happy is the man who knows the reasons for things".
Old 03-25-2022, 05:23 PM   #6
Efi69Cam

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS 2017 Yukon Denali
Biggest reason is the heterogeneous population.
Efi69Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 06:07 PM   #7
Scotavo
Account Suspended

I think you mean homogeneous population, don't you?
Old 03-25-2022, 07:28 PM   #8
Efi69Cam

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS 2017 Yukon Denali
Should have specified, heterogeneous in the USA.
Efi69Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 07:51 AM   #9
Scotavo
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efi69Cam View Post
Should have specified, heterogeneous in the USA.
At Political Instability we have a chart that shows the effects of diversity. Every nation it applies to has more violent crime, social distrust and even higher divorce rates! Harvard psychologists documented this statistically and were so appalled at their findings they refused to publish them for years until their own grad students who worked on the study raised so much Hell, Harvard was forced to. A mass media version called Bowling Alone set the hair of the woke on fire.
Old 03-30-2022, 08:41 PM   #10
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
“Don't discount that the Nazi's kept billions of $ in stolen wealth there.”

Interesting your use of the word, “there” instead of ‘here.’ Are you sure you’re actually ‘there?’
Old 03-31-2022, 07:41 AM   #11
Scotavo
Account Suspended

There is the past tense. Nazi's kept billions...there. 1939-1945

or this:

Throw the baby down the stairs a cookie.

Being literate is more than being able to read.

Last edited by Scotavo; 03-31-2022 at 08:10 AM.
Old 03-31-2022, 10:25 AM   #12
Scotavo
Account Suspended

And I get accused of being redundant. Oh yeah and repeating myself.
Old 08-23-2022, 12:39 PM   #13
avensis

Drives: camaro ss
I also think because Switzerland is small compared to the United States.

Mini Militia App Lock

Last edited by avensis; 09-07-2022 at 11:31 AM.
avensis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 01:26 PM   #14
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
spam bot reported. This thread should probably be closed

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote