Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 04-12-2022, 04:15 PM   #1
Heads-up

Drives: 2010 2SS
Cradle Bushings and alignment

I just installed BMR suspension in the rear end and got an alignment done. The shop marked the bolts and alignment adjusters with paint to get things close the next time I tear it down.

I still have a Tru-Trac to install and cradle bushings. I'm having the rear differential (Tru-Trac and 3.73's) at the local speed shop in June. I'm trying to save a few bucks, so i was going to install the cradle bushings myself.

I read some threads on the cradle bushing replacement, without removing the cradle and it looks like the LCA has to be disconnected. Meaning I'd have to re-align the car. How close will the marks get me if I use them as a guide? Close enough to make it a couple months?

If I drop the entire cradle, will the alignment need to be redone? What is the rough difference in time between cradle removal and doing the bushings without removal?

The other option would be to have the bushings replaced when the differential is done. Not sure what the difference in cost would be with this all done at once. Thanks for any suggestions.
Heads-up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 07:59 AM   #2
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
Whether you completely drop the cradle or only partially, I would get it realigned since the cradle bushings align the rear suspension with the rest of the car. Replacing them will let things shift slightly. How much I don't know, I've never seen anyone post an alignment sheet from immediately before and after replacing bushings.
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 09:46 AM   #3
Heads-up

That is what I was afraid of. I should have done everything at once, but ran out of time. I needed the car for a week while my daily driver was in the shop. Still cheaper than a rental.
Old 04-13-2022, 09:51 AM   #4
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heads-up View Post
That is what I was afraid of. I should have done everything at once, but ran out of time. I needed the car for a week while my daily driver was in the shop. Still cheaper than a rental.
If you have a good shop they might be willing to recheck the alignment and see how much it moved without charging you a full alignment price. It might still be in spec.
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 09:43 AM   #5
Heads-up

I will check into that. Thanks.