Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 02-07-2022, 11:26 AM   #1
Heads-up

Drives: 2010 2SS
Drag Radials Cornering

Looking to buy some 17" drag radials for the strip. Of course this will require new wheels. I'd like to purchase 4 wheels so they match.

Those of you running 17" rears how well do they corner? I'm not planning on any road racing but I live in Montana, so spirited drives through the mountain passes here are fairly common in the summer. I assume I'd be better off buying a set of matching rear wheels with a performance radial for that. This would require 6 wheels and tires. Anyone do something like this?

I'm thinking 18's or 19"s for the street so they look similar. Is this feasible? I called Tire Rack, but they dont list any 17's for the car. I have the BMR drag pack, so the 17 will fit.
Heads-up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 11:43 AM   #2
WVracer

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS3 M6 (Sold)
I'm running 18" Welds in the rear and I don't notice anymore roll than I did with 20s. Tire pressure and sidewall ply is going to make the most difference in my opinion. As long as you have them aired up you shouldn't see a ton of roll in the tires compared to the same tire on a 20". Keep 30-35lbs in them when grocery getting, drop the pressure when you want to go in a straight line.
2011 IOM 2SS/RS LS3 M6- Injen CAI, TSP 1 7/8” headers, PTB, Hurst short throw, Corsa catback exhaust, 20" TSW Nurburgrings, BMR lower control arms, BMR tunnel brace, Hotchkis lowering springs. 3660lbs. Tuned by me (sold)

2010 RJT 1SS/RS LS3 M6- CAI, TSP 2” headers, TSP F-35 cam, PTB, Hurst short throw, Dronemaster catback, BMR lowering springs, Kirkey seats, 20”/18” Weld Belmonts, 3550lbs.
WVracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 11:29 AM   #3
Heads-up

Drives: 2010 2SS
Thanks!
Heads-up is offline   Reply With Quote