Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Phastek Performance

Old 11-18-2021, 02:58 PM   #99
Malbjey

Drives: 2022 Kia Stinger GT2
Quote:
Originally Posted by M0dnar View Post
As for hating 6's? I would love to pick up a used GT4 RS someday. I have nothing against a properly tuned, high strung, performance 6 in the right package. The LGX engine is not that engine and the Alpha platform is not that package.

The thing is, Porsche's N/A 6 cylinders are an exception. No other manufacturer is making an N/A 6 cyl with as much hp per liter.

So in light of that, the LGX is a pretty damn good engine. GM seems to have thought so as well, since they bothered to make a 1LE car with it.
Malbjey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 03:37 PM   #100
M0dnar
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Corvette 3LT with Z51
Then stop pretending GM's average V6 is some performance engine in a performance platform. It's an underpowered engine in an heavy platform. Any modern performance car with 6-cylinders either uses twin turbos, a supercharger, or Porsche tuning. GM shoved a run of the mill V6 into a fast looking body so posers can pretend they have a performance car. It doesn't sound good, it doesn't pull from outside it's limited rev range, and it's terrible in a car to go grand touring in.

It is good for idiot E2's to buy at 30% interest rate with their fresh military paychecks though.
M0dnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 04:14 PM   #101
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
the VE of the 6 cylinder is 1.54.VE of the V8 is only 1.21.the 2.0T is making well over 2 horsepower per cubic inch.i guess we know whose engine is outdated now...
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 05:04 PM   #102
jrah

Drives: 2019 2LT 1LE V6
M0dnar - please just pull the trigger on the Aston so you can go on those forums and be told by @$$hats like yourself that you're just a poser because you don't have a V12. All of us posers who had to make real world choices and bought a car that they love will try to get by without justifying our choices to you. We'll really miss you though. ������
jrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 05:27 PM   #103
Malbjey

Drives: 2022 Kia Stinger GT2
Quote:
Then stop pretending GM's average V6 is some performance engine in a performance platform. It's an underpowered engine in an heavy platform. Any modern performance car with 6-cylinders either uses twin turbos, a supercharger, or Porsche tuning. GM shoved a run of the mill V6 into a fast looking body so posers can pretend they have a performance car. It doesn't sound good, it doesn't pull from outside it's limited rev range, and it's terrible in a car to go grand touring in.

It is good for idiot E2's to buy at 30% interest rate with their fresh military paychecks though.
Why would GM make a boosted 6 cylinder Camaro, when it would clearly step on the toes of the SS? Their turbo 6 in the CT4-V Blackwing makes more power than an SS.

Why do you think I specified N/A V6? Name another manufacturer, besides Porsche, that makes a better N/A 6 cylinder engine today. And guess what--Porsche charges you 70K+ for a turbo 4, and 87K+ for an N/A 6 cylinder.

The engine isn't the only determination of a performance car. Lotus uses 4 and 6 cylinder Toyota engines in their cars. Does Lotus not make performance cars?

Chassis? The Camaro absolutely has a performance car chassis, regardless if you're talking I4 or V8. When GM can slap on some extra suspension, wheels and cooling to a basic V6 Camaro and embarrass other modern performance cars, don't come here with some bullshit about the chassis being too heavy or engine being too slow. Come the **** on.

Again, you have some inflated idea of what a performance car is. What is your baseline for a performance car? You haven't even said that. I bet you don't even have a baseline. Your argument so far has been 'anything but a V6 Camaro.'

You said performance is a moving target. Fine. The modern I4/V6 Camaros are still faster and will still out-handle the vast majority of cars on the road, including a Malibu V6, or whatever dumb shit you think is comparable.

This is especially true when compared to cars in their price range. Just because a car is built to cost doesn't mean it's not a performance car.

Anyway I'm done with your stupidity.
Malbjey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 06:09 PM   #104
Efi69Cam

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS 2017 Yukon Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
and having a comfortable GT car is a bad thing?at 63 years old my best racing days are well in the rearview mirror,and id rather have the leather seats,backup camera,etc.than to have a V8 requiring 93 octane.back in the day my old 1966 pontiac tempest hot rod ate 4th gen z-28s for lunch all day long but i no longer drive like a dick.
4th gen 3.4 v6 cars with z28 stickers on them, maybe.
Efi69Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 07:19 PM   #105
redcoats1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efi69Cam View Post
4th gen 3.4 v6 cars with z28 stickers on them, maybe.
lets see...400 c.i.,hand assembled motor by master mechanic,GTO judge carb and intake,healthy cam,worked turbo 400 trans,headers,duals.did i mention i spanked my share of GTOs with this car?only problem was 8 mpg...i did leave the 326 badges on the fenders though.
Old 11-18-2021, 07:45 PM   #106
Efi69Cam

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS 2017 Yukon Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
lets see...400 c.i.,hand assembled motor by master mechanic,GTO judge carb and intake,healthy cam,worked turbo 400 trans,headers,duals.did i mention i spanked my share of GTOs with this car?only problem was 8 mpg...i did leave the 326 badges on the fenders though.
GTO was a 15 sec car on a good day. Stock ls1 4th gens ran low 13s all day long.

Chances are your 6th gen v6 would put the hurt on your old car.

I owned my share of Pontiac and Chevy 400+ cid motors, including a RA IV headed 428 in a 69 Firebird and while I look back fondly on it, I know it would have had a hard time with a ls1 4th gen.
Efi69Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 08:31 PM   #107
redcoats1976

all i can tell you is i was a frequent winner at the stoplight grand prix.never took it to the dragstrip but if someone pulled up and wanted to race it was on...but on 60s vintage tall and skinny tires you couldnt put any power down.add some wide sticky tires to that 15 second GTO and they suddenly get faster.
Old 11-18-2021, 11:32 PM   #108
Msquared

Drives: Chevrolet SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius View Post
so, I answer your two requests with legitimate facts behind my answers and you decide you do not like the facts and ignore them? *facepalm * Then request I provide more facts to prove your comments wrong again. Do your own damn research Keyboard Warrior and go troll elsewhere...
You've provided zero facts that support your claim. Again, you said:
Quote:
"Many sporty cars that have 275 horsepower are much lighter and can do more with that horsepower."
I asked you to name them. The only "fact" you've come up with is a Civic that costs the same but is much less powerful and significantly slower than a 2.0T Camaro. That's a fail. I'm still asking you to name these "many" other cars that have 275hp, are "much lighter," and perform better that you say exist on the market.

The reason you're getting so upset at my question is because you can't answer it, because there aren't any. Are you really so foolish as to think I didn't "do my own damn research" before I asked the question? When I read your claim the first time, I thought it seemed wrong so I looked to see what's on the market. The closest thing I can find is a Subaru WRX that has 268hp, weighs exactly the same, and runs a 14.0 at 97mph (the same or slower than any 2.0T Camaro test). But it's about $7000 more expensive, and I can guarantee you it's not as fast on a road course. People generally think that Subie is a fast car, but for the cost of the WRX, you can get an LT1 Camaro and blow its doors off.

The only other thing that used to be in the same league was the 370Z, but its production ended in 2020. Too bad for you. It's base cost was $4k more but it was rated at 332hp and was almost 100lbs lighter. That looks good on paper. In the real world, though, Motor Trend wrote that "Other than a tie in the quarter mile, the Camaro V-6 1LE manual outperforms the base 370Z in every metric, including being a significant 1.4 seconds quicker around the figure eight." So that wouldn't support your claim either, even if the 370Z were still available.

Of course there are cars with 275hp or more that are lighter and faster, but they all cost more...way more. Someone else already pointed out that a 2.0T Camaro holds the record for best lap time in its price class for the Lightning Lap. It's not as if the data isn't out there. You'd get a lot more respect if you just admitted you made a mistake instead of doubling down on your wrong statement.
Old 11-19-2021, 05:48 AM   #109
s2mikey

Drives: Buick, Toyota
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrah View Post
M0dnar - please just pull the trigger on the Aston so you can go on those forums and be told by @$$hats like yourself that you're just a poser because you don't have a V12. All of us posers who had to make real world choices and bought a car that they love will try to get by without justifying our choices to you. We'll really miss you though. ������
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malbjey View Post
Why would GM make a boosted 6 cylinder Camaro, when it would clearly step on the toes of the SS? Their turbo 6 in the CT4-V Blackwing makes more power than an SS.

Why do you think I specified N/A V6? Name another manufacturer, besides Porsche, that makes a better N/A 6 cylinder engine today. And guess what--Porsche charges you 70K+ for a turbo 4, and 87K+ for an N/A 6 cylinder.

The engine isn't the only determination of a performance car. Lotus uses 4 and 6 cylinder Toyota engines in their cars. Does Lotus not make performance cars?

Chassis? The Camaro absolutely has a performance car chassis, regardless if you're talking I4 or V8. When GM can slap on some extra suspension, wheels and cooling to a basic V6 Camaro and embarrass other modern performance cars, don't come here with some bullshit about the chassis being too heavy or engine being too slow. Come the **** on.

Again, you have some inflated idea of what a performance car is. What is your baseline for a performance car? You haven't even said that. I bet you don't even have a baseline. Your argument so far has been 'anything but a V6 Camaro.'

You said performance is a moving target. Fine. The modern I4/V6 Camaros are still faster and will still out-handle the vast majority of cars on the road, including a Malibu V6, or whatever dumb shit you think is comparable.

This is especially true when compared to cars in their price range. Just because a car is built to cost doesn't mean it's not a performance car.

Anyway I'm done with your stupidity.
Yeah, this guy is trolling hard and most forums have rules against this. Little, if anything he says is even close to true and is loaded with triggering comments and pure bait.

Anyway, I hope he gets it sorted out. Whatever happened to him to cause such anger and grief will hopefully bubble to the top and he can once again find happiness in life.
s2mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 06:06 AM   #110
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Quote:

Porsche tuning? Hahaha
Wth is that? Aside from a few limited run engines their na cars are gutless

Been there done that, no thanks
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 08:05 AM   #111
redcoats1976

wonder if he really drives a prius...
Old 11-19-2021, 08:11 AM   #112
auto_god

Drives: 2021 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Wow.....I don't think this is what the original poster had in mind when he created this thread!
Given that the original poster has had experience with both engines and placed an order for the V6, I think we can conclude from that he already knows which motor he would prefer........he's just trying to convince himself he'd be happy with the 4 cyl turbo because they are readily available.
In my experience, its always better to wait for what you truly want than be driving a car thinking "I wish I would have........"
auto_god is offline   Reply With Quote