Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-25-2015, 12:26 AM   #295
F N MUSCLE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70454 View Post
I agree with you SS and the performance numbers hopefully will save Chevy otherwise; Chevy might have some trouble selling Camaros if the performance numbers don't match or exceed expectations. I expect it to beat the Mustang in every performance category and if it doesn't Chevy might be in trouble with Camaro sales. Does everybody else think the new SS's will beat the Gt's in the performance categories or I'm I being unreasonable with my expectations?
I have no doubt the 2016 will wipe the floor with the Mustang. As many forum members have stated, the weight that has been touted by Al and other chevy employees should bring the camaro within a few pounds of the Mustang. And with 20 extra horsepower, 55 extra lb ft of torque, and MRC when equipped, we should see very solid numbers. Now if you have both owners driving a stick, I think the margin for the camaro to edge out the Mustang decreases and comes down to the better driver. Should be interesting.
F N MUSCLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 01:41 AM   #296
DannyB

Drives: Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTIanZ28 View Post
Am I doing this wrong?

Base Model Prices
¨ 1AH37 Camaro 2LT $29,800.00 + DFC $995.00

Option Packages

¨ WRS RS Package $1,950.00
¨ ZN2 2LT Convenience & Light Pack $2,800.00

Engine:
¨ LGX 3.6L V6, DI, VVT $1,495.00

Exhaust Systems:
¨ NPP Dual Mode Exhaust System $895.00

= $37,935 for a manual trans V6 2LT RS camaro with a couple of options?

A base 2LT camaro with RS package & V6 w/manual trans = $34,320?
The car you just priced is no where near base model. Almost the entire difference in the cost is the convenience and lighting pack age which makes the 2016 you are pricing not base model. All of the stuff included in that package are not in the base 2015 or 2016. Neither is dual exhaust. did you add HUD, blind spot detectors, etc... to the price of the 2015. Also, is dual mode exhaust factored into the price of the 2015. You skewed the numbers in your favor to make a point. I have priced out a 2015 2LT as close as I could get it to the 2016 with what I want in it and price was damn near identical. Unfortunately the price for both model years was over 40 grand so I am going to step up and buy the v8.

DannyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 02:17 AM   #297
CamaroBody

Drives: Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine Corps View Post
I'm not trying to act jealous or envious, but maybe those few members who are lucky enough to qualify for GM/Supplier discounts that 98% don't qualify for can brag on their very own thread. Just a thought.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovePhenom View Post
Sounds jealous & envious. This thread is for everyone so long as it fits the topic.
Although it would be a very nice vacation, tax, or some addition options
CamaroBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 07:56 AM   #298
sparrky

Drives: 2014 1LE
Talking Color override option

Greetings. Any color override option similar to Corvette Stingray?
sparrky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 08:18 AM   #299
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
I'll just throw this out there.

But my dealer is selling the car to me below MSRP. I've bought from them before, and I'm using the same saleman, and there was no extra BS before, and I expect there to be none this time around as well. Settle on the price before hand, and out the door at that price. No surprises. (maybe some small one time fee or something, but I don't remember any of that from my prior experience?)

Anyone that is interested and doesn't mind the trip to Mid Missouri feel free to PM me. They are a fairly large Chevy/GM/Cadillac dealer, but keep in mind I was also told they only had two initial allocations. I have one of them. I'd expect they would be getting more allocations soon.
Old 08-25-2015, 08:19 AM   #300
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine Corps View Post
I'm not trying to act jealous or envious, but maybe those few members who are lucky enough to qualify for GM/Supplier discounts that 98% don't qualify for can brag on their very own thread. Just a thought.
I don't think it's bragging. That said, I'll happily offer up my 2nd code next year after I purchase my car. Priority to fellow vets. (of course if talking about this kind of sharing is taboo, mods feel free to delete this post)

Also, if you're a ex-Mil, make sure you sign up for USAA, you don't have to buy anything to be a member, and that's an additional $750 off.

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 12:22 PM   #301
ericspt

Drives: '14 Z51 C7 SC'd, '14 S4, '15 SQ5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curr View Post
I don't think it's bragging. That said, I'll happily offer up my 2nd code next year after I purchase my car. Priority to fellow vets. (of course if talking about this kind of sharing is taboo, mods feel free to delete this post)

Also, if you're a ex-Mil, make sure you sign up for USAA, you don't have to buy anything to be a member, and that's an additional $750 off.
The person complaining about not being able to get a supplier code needs to get out more.

Around here they are a dime a dozen. 7 people on my street alone work for GM suppliers or GM itself.
ericspt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 12:44 PM   #302
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericspt View Post
The person complaining about not being able to get a supplier code needs to get out more.

Around here they are a dime a dozen. 7 people on my street alone work for GM suppliers or GM itself.
Well you are in MI, of course it would be more common there.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 12:46 PM   #303
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericspt View Post

Glad you know a bunch of people that work for GM. Yay for you. Most do not.
Old 08-25-2015, 01:21 PM   #304
ericspt

Drives: '14 Z51 C7 SC'd, '14 S4, '15 SQ5
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Glad you know a bunch of people that work for GM. Yay for you. Most do not.
You just need to look at a little bit harder:

http://www.missouripartnership.com/P...ufacturing.pdf

There is a list of the suppliers in MO for GM and Ford, I'd say 80 percent on that list produce a part for GM.

With social media and everything else pretty much anyone can get a supplier discount, in Michigan or not.
ericspt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 01:51 PM   #305
LovePhenom
I am a UAW/GM employee.

Drives: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT RS V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curr View Post

I work for GM Powertrain & we get 6 codes a year that I never even come close to using. I'd be more than happy to share.
Summit White 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT RS V6 Auto w/ Adrenaline Red Interior, Red Hash Marks, 20" Machined Face Aluminum Wheels, Convenience & Lighting Package, Performance Exhaust , 8" MyLink w/ Navigation, Sunroof, RS Wheel Caps, GlowTie, Splash Guards, Red LGX Engine Cover, All Weather Premium Floor Mats, Cargo Mat, Red Knee Bolsters, Black Front Fascia Extension, RS Floor Console Lid, Red MGP Caliper Covers, ZL1 AddOns Tow Hook, 2017 ZL1 Spoiler.

Coming
Soon:

LovePhenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 01:58 PM   #306
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Sounds like we need a thread where people with codea can PM them to people who don't.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 03:09 PM   #307
bandit38

Drives: Camaro SS - Trans Am - Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovePhenom View Post
56W is the premium wheel that was seen on all the Camaros at the reveal. RTJ is just the basic wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by laborsmith View Post
I think RTJ is the option for the LT w/ WRS. We saw it at the Concours d'Elegance at St. John and per my hazy memory at the Fest, the RS equipped 2LT.

Laborsmith

Thanks, I appreciate y'all getting back to me !
-
-
-
-
-
Old 08-25-2015, 04:21 PM   #308
GTIanZ28

Drives: 2016 V6 RS Camaro 6MT
Thread definitely got derailed. But, I'll gladly take one of those codes off someones hands. I still plan to get a camaro and I plan to order once pricing is finalized and available. I just won't be able to swing the one that I actually want.

(I am a veteran....be happy to prove it if there is an easy way to do so. Can tell ya that Curr's avatar is the chamber - barrel end of an AR-15 / M16)
GTIanZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
becky, beckyd, beckyd@rodgerschevrolet