Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-22-2015, 09:37 PM   #211
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreng View Post
My interpretation of it is that here is 2 pricing 1 with rs or 20" wheels and then 1 without rs or 20" wheels. Seeing how RS is included in SS package I would assume that would be the same price. I don't see why the price would be different from v6 to v8.
I'm a little confused, are you asking about the RS package price? All RS features are standard on all SS, there's no price difference from V6 to V8 because it's not offered as a package on the V8. It's standard, included in the base price. RS is only an option on the LT V6.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 09:39 PM   #212
jaymsu
Yeti's Daddy

Drives: ATS-V, Prowler, M6 V10
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
At an average $200,000 transaction price I am quite sure there is more than sufficient profit margin to sell 7-9 cars/month and pay the bills and staff quite handsomely.
I think Ferrari dealers make more money on their services. One of my friend used to own 360 (jumped to McLaren now) and he always went to Caley - ya know, when you own a Ferrari, your service has to be done at Ferrari dealer, or your resale value may drop.
I don't remember the exact amount but his oil change/brake fluid flush was about the same cost of set of my C5 rear tires, I think.

Oh, and they sell tons of Ferrari logoed items (like shirts, hats, bags, watches, perfumes......)

Honestly, I think they make more money on services and other merchandise than selling cars.
jaymsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 09:45 PM   #213
Dreng

Drives: 13 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
I'm a little confused, are you asking about the RS package price? All RS features are standard on all SS, there's no price difference from V6 to V8 because it's not offered as a package on the V8. It's standard, included in the base price. RS is only an option on the LT V6.
I am just saying that if the price of $485 is just for lt with rs I dont see why the upgrade for the brakes would be any different then an SS as the SS and LT with RS have the same brakes.
Dreng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 09:46 PM   #214
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymsu View Post
I think Ferrari dealers make more money on their services. One of my friend used to own 360 (jumped to McLaren now) and he always went to Caley - ya know, when you own a Ferrari, your service has to be done at Ferrari dealer, or your resale value may drop.
I don't remember the exact amount but his oil change/brake fluid flush was about the same cost of set of my C5 rear tires, I think.

Oh, and they sell tons of Ferrari logoed items (like shirts, hats, bags, watches, perfumes......)

Honestly, I think they make more money on services and other merchandise than selling cars.

That 360 is along the cheap side of major belt service, which is required every 3-5 years. Only $3200 on average. Some Ferraris hit $5-7k for the major belt service.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 09:48 PM   #215
CamaroBody

Drives: Hyper Blue 2SS
The convertible is going to be at least $7500 more based on current prices. That would make a fully loaded 2ss over $60k w/tax.

You could always buy the 1ss without leather, heated/cooled seats/steering wheel, ambient lighting, Bose audio, and HUD for only $55k w/tax.
CamaroBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 09:48 PM   #216
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreng View Post
I am just saying that if the price of $485 is just for lt with rs I dont see why the upgrade for the brakes would be any different then an SS as the SS and LT with RS have the same brakes.
The 6 pistons are only for the SS and will cost more I'm sure. So if they are only for SS, why would it mention RS since there is no RS option for the SS. The other key is that package says brake and cooling. The SS already has all the extra cooling.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 09:50 PM   #217
jaymsu
Yeti's Daddy

Drives: ATS-V, Prowler, M6 V10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavyas View Post
Do you know how much discount an employee would get there... A friends dad works in GM and he said he can help with the discounts... but I am not sure how much given that he is not buying it for himself...
I think what you'll get (with your friend's father's help) is basically same thing as supplier discount (I forgot the right term - I think it was 'friends and family program' or something)
It will be always less than employee discount. By how much? It differs by cars so I'm not sure but if I were to guess, I would say about 1,200ish discount on 2SS with couple of options.
Gen6 Camaro is not there yet but go to gmsupplierdiscount.com to see how much of discount you can get on other cars (just to get the feel what % from MSRP they discount)
jaymsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 12:32 AM   #218
CamaroBody

Drives: Hyper Blue 2SS
does the 1ss have an option for Bose audio?
CamaroBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 08:47 AM   #219
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroBody View Post
Here. Going from 1SS to 2SS loads the car
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 09:40 AM   #220
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroBody View Post
Nope.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 10:18 AM   #221
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
It seems to me the Corvette version of this document appears on forums every year for what, at least ten years, and thinking about it, pretty sure on the Camaro forums at least since the Gen5 arrived. It would e strange for GM to take any action at this stage.

Laborsmith

Last edited by laborsmith; 08-23-2015 at 10:46 AM.
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 10:52 AM   #222
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
IMHO:
It is clearly stated:
.....the format is marked...

ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS IS PROHIBITED AND SUBJECT TO PROSECUTION!
© GENERAL MOTORS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 10:52 AM   #223
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
Dreng, I don't know. That column used to be labeled "Invoice" so it could. The problem answering is the Invoice itself has a separate from Invoice price labeled Dealer Price" which is the dollar amount Ally requires for insurance purposes from leaving the holding lots to tires on the dealership's ground.

Not relevant but it occurs to me the problem getting invoiced on early builds may be waiting for Ally and GM to agree on this amount. Or it may be something else, either company will say.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 11:16 AM   #224
Dreng

Drives: 13 Camaro
Thanks Laborsmith I didnt notice that insurance requires the amount for the vehicle to be insured for the lot.

@Becky -- I totally understand not wanting the info on the document to get out. Every copy I have seen didn't have the disclaimer so I didn't think it would have been an issue but now I know.
Dreng is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
becky, beckyd, beckyd@rodgerschevrolet