Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 08-28-2021, 04:06 PM   #1
Pbcamaro

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS RS
Possible to factory order under MSRP?

I am thinking of ordering a 2.0 turbo with some options from the factory, is is possible to do this without paying MSRP or is everything these days basically MSRP?

Any preferred dealers to go through, I wouldn't mind picking up anywhere in the country....
Pbcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 05:00 PM   #2
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbcamaro View Post
I am thinking of ordering a 2.0 turbo with some options from the factory, is is possible to do this without paying MSRP or is everything these days basically MSRP?

Any preferred dealers to go through, I wouldn't mind picking up anywhere in the country....
I used to see ads from Hare chevy in Indianapolis as being some of the best prices in the country. I would imagine MSRP is common now, but inventory is a bigger problem. Hare only has one '21 Camaro at the moment an blue 1SS 1LE 10sp auto. $49k+. Dealers can sell you a car and have it shipped to them. That used to be a no cost thing but with today's market IDK.

https://www.harechevy.com/new-Indian...FF1R74M0139383
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 12:19 PM   #3
scott's45
Scott's45

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th Anniversary
in the past, yes. that's what i did. but these days??? i highly doubt it. i think you'd be lucky to even take delivery on an ordered car, period.
2012 2SS 45th Anniversary, Hurst short throw shifter, Stainless Power LT headers, high flow cats, SW Retro Chambered 3" cat back, CAI, Heritage grill, tinted windows, red/silver hash stripes, AAC LED sidemarkers, blacked out turn signals/tail lights, splash guards. 402RWHP

scott's45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 03:57 PM   #4
tmaleck

Drives: Replacement 2SS 'Vert 67 Cutlass
You should understand how a dealer actually pays for a car. Chevy has a 3% holdback, meaning GM gives the dealer 3% of the MSRP for help with lot financing and other various expenses. They also get advertising allowances, volume discounts, model incentives etc. Even today, they want to sell you a car. An ordered car has the most profit in it. The dealer pays no floorplanning interest, spends no money promoting that vehicle, etc. It also counts toward volume discounts, etc. Buying at the end of the month/quarter may also provide leverage. I got my 2015 with an MSRP of $46,500 for 37k. I'd recommend researching any factory to dealer incentives and then negotiate price. I'd expect to get at least 1k off MSPR. Don't be afraid to walk, another dealer may need your sale to get the next highest volume rebate from GM.
tmaleck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 10:23 AM   #5
R.I.B.S.

Drives: 2024 Collectors Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbcamaro View Post

I just bought a new 2021 1LT with Auto and Cherry Tintcoat..
MSRP was $30,400 included was $1200 dealer safety package..then they discounted it to $27,190...
They have several in transit too..

PM me for more info..
Im located in Phoenix
R.I.B.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 06:54 PM   #6
TheButcher

Drives: 2012 2ss stick. Boosted 45th!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmaleck View Post
You should understand how a dealer actually pays for a car. Chevy has a 3% holdback, meaning GM gives the dealer 3% of the MSRP for help with lot financing and other various expenses. They also get advertising allowances, volume discounts, model incentives etc. Even today, they want to sell you a car. An ordered car has the most profit in it. The dealer pays no floorplanning interest, spends no money promoting that vehicle, etc. It also counts toward volume discounts, etc. Buying at the end of the month/quarter may also provide leverage. I got my 2015 with an MSRP of $46,500 for 37k. I'd recommend researching any factory to dealer incentives and then negotiate price. I'd expect to get at least 1k off MSPR. Don't be afraid to walk, another dealer may need your sale to get the next highest volume rebate from GM.
Well informed post. I love car shopping because if you understand the whole process, then you can work some pretty good deals. Dealers only talk to buyers about the front side of the deal, not the back side where they really make their money. Knowledge is king!