#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 01-03-2022, 10:40 PM   #57
MatthewAMEL

Drives: 2023 CT5 Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_Robinson1 View Post
You know it’s a shame that everyone is bashing Lethal right now. Sure this claim about the LT5 could be true or false I personally don’t care until it gets announced by GM.

But what I do care about is everyone shitting on him. This guy has provided a plethora of information when it pertains to modifying a 6gen Camaro. I PERSONALLY have modified my ZL1 further than most of you would ever. Every mod I have completed before digging into I look for DIY so I can always get a look at to what I’m diving into. This guy has provide some type of video for everything from HPFP, 15” conversions, seat deletes, body mods, lights etc. He’s giving more to the Camaro community than most of you have.

He was a good resource for the first few years of his channel. Then I think he got addicted to the $$$ from YouTube and started going down the clickbait hole. Nothing he has posted in the last 12-18 months has been useful/reliable.

2023 Wave Metallic
CT5-V Blackwing M6
MatthewAMEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 10:27 AM   #58
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
There's a lot of obstacles to make the lt5 fit it wasn't like the LT4 97 Anniversary swap the engines were the same dimensions just a few little differenced in the cc of the heads, runner sizes, intake, camshaft, and roller rockers and of course red paint.

They would have to do to much like.. lower the motor for the blower to fit or design a new hood? different lid? It would take a new pcm that would talk to the port module, and control the supercharger bypass, so a new harness, some type of new low side, its way more complicated than the same motor with a different blower.

I don't see it happening!

A 6.6 L or 427 plus z28 has a better shot.

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 10:41 AM   #59
GreenZLE

Drives: 2020 Rally Green ZL1-1LE
Seems like the thing to do would be provide feedback to his channel come this summer. If he's wrong about:
A bump in power
the LT5
CCR Brakes
Be sure to hold his feet to the fire. Of course YouTube will disable the comments and down votes, but everyone still knows what that means.
GreenZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 07:41 PM   #60
NG329

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
There's a lot of obstacles to make the lt5 fit it wasn't like the LT4 97 Anniversary swap the engines were the same dimensions just a few little differenced in the cc of the heads, runner sizes, intake, camshaft, and roller rockers and of course red paint.

They would have to do to much like.. lower the motor for the blower to fit or design a new hood? different lid? It would take a new pcm that would talk to the port module, and control the supercharger bypass, so a new harness, some type of new low side, its way more complicated than the same motor with a different blower.

I don't see it happening!

A 6.6 L or 427 plus z28 has a better shot.
Just a question, please pardon my ignorance. If the Magnuson 2650 fits (with minor modification) under the ZL1 hood, why wouldn't the LT5 blower of similar displacement fit under the hood. Are they that much different in physical dimensions?
NG329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 12:53 AM   #61
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
Lethal Garage......

^^^Sums him up perfectly^^^
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 06:45 AM   #62
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Quote:
Originally Posted by NG329 View Post
Just a question, please pardon my ignorance. If the Magnuson 2650 fits (with minor modification) under the ZL1 hood, why wouldn't the LT5 blower of similar displacement fit under the hood. Are they that much different in physical dimensions?
Because on the maggi 40% of the blower over hangs the valve covers they didn't have port injection in mind when designing it.

On the GM and edelbrock some hood modifications are needed they are just taller so there's room for LS style injectors. I'm sure you noticed the C7 Zr1 hood vs a Z06's hood? If I remember correctly since the blower is taller and similar shaped to the oem Lt4 blower it not only rubs the hood but may rub the area just under where the hood seal is attached.

The edelbrock product manager of forced induction moved to whipple he is the one that helped me on my edelbrock the whipple will have the same problem he said it may not even come out for a specific vehicle however the ZR1 is closest to be released because it fits under that hood.

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 09:07 AM   #63
CamOnlyJabroni

Drives: 19’ ZL1 A10 / 16’ C7Z M7
Magnum DI2650 on a LT4 will be all the LT5 you hoped for. I couldn’t imagine the ADM dealers would be asking for on a send away LT5 6th Gen ZL1.
CamOnlyJabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 10:08 AM   #64
Mark R

Drives: 2018 ZL-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamOnlyJabroni View Post
Magnum DI2650 on a LT4 will be all the LT5 you hoped for. I couldn’t imagine the ADM dealers would be asking for on a send away LT5 6th Gen ZL1.
I agree. As every Youtube car channel and automotive print source screams out loud that "The End is Near!" for internal combustion engines, the ability to obtain one of these last models becomes a bidding war and an exercise in frustration and rip-offs.

I really hate electric vehicles, but I hate more the fact that they are being crammed down our throats by government, as they simultaneously regulate internal combustion vehicles out of existence for "Muh Climate Change."

ICE are so clean these days, that they practically only emit carbon dioxide and water. But once CO2 got defined as a pollutant you could see the writing on the wall.
Mark R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 11:24 AM   #65
AMOR

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark R View Post
I agree. As every Youtube car channel and automotive print source screams out loud that "The End is Near!" for internal combustion engines, the ability to obtain one of these last models becomes a bidding war and an exercise in frustration and rip-offs.

I really hate electric vehicles, but I hate more the fact that they are being crammed down our throats by government, as they simultaneously regulate internal combustion vehicles out of existence for "Muh Climate Change."

ICE are so clean these days, that they practically only emit carbon dioxide and water. But once CO2 got defined as a pollutant you could see the writing on the wall.
The amount of carbon emitted to manufacture an electric vehicle is equivalent to ~10 years of driving your existing ICE car (granted that you did not remove cats). Furthermore, if you have an electric vehicle already - it still emits carbon because you need to charge it, and that electricity does not come exclusively from solar panels and wind generators. Then imagine if everyone will switch to electric tomorrow, how much power we need to produce to charge those cars? Carbon free electric cars? Yeah right!
AMOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 11:31 AM   #66
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMOR View Post
The amount of carbon emitted to manufacture an electric vehicle is equivalent to ~10 years of driving your existing ICE car (granted that you did not remove cats). Furthermore, if you have an electric vehicle already - it still emits carbon because you need to charge it, and that electricity does not come exclusively from solar panels and wind generators. Then imagine if everyone will switch to electric tomorrow, how much power we need to produce to charge those cars? Carbon free electric cars? Yeah right!
That's a misconception that EV's cause more harm to the environment during manufacturing. You are correct that our power infrastructure is not in place yet to do a mass changeover to EVs.

https://earth.org/electric-vehicles-...yAAEgIZbPD_BwE
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 11:51 AM   #67
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMOR View Post
That’s assuming everything stays as it is today. In other words, a snapshot in time. Fact is every single automaker in the world is working on more efficient and carbon-friendly manufacturing processes that will flip the cart on that assessment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post
That's a misconception that EV's cause more harm to the environment during manufacturing. You are correct that our power infrastructure is not in place yet to do a mass changeover to EVs.

https://earth.org/electric-vehicles-...yAAEgIZbPD_BwE
Yup. Power generation is rapidly moving from coal to natural gas, hydro, solar, and wind. Improvements in battery content and efficiency is rapidly reduce amount of lithium, cobalt, and nickel required for similar miles of range. That’s why we’re seeing a big ass Silverado with 400 miles of range instead of a teeny tiny Mitsubishi iMiEV with 70 miles of range.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 12:18 PM   #68
serper3

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
That’s why we’re seeing a big ass Silverado with 400 miles of range instead of a teeny tiny Mitsubishi iMiEV with 70 miles of range.
IDK, I think that is why these silverado EVs are going to be $100k+ for a while. dont see a price for a cheaper version yet.

Also, 400 mile range sounds great, just dont do truck things with your truck like tow something. 200 if you are lucky.

i just think we arent there yet to were the tech and infrastructure makes it worth it for a daily. idk if i will ever be on board with an ev as a fun car but we will see.
serper3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 12:30 PM   #69
Mark R

Drives: 2018 ZL-1
Here's the problem with the arguments made by the retards who want us off of oil. Gasoline is about half of what is in a barrel of crude oil, and diesel is about another 20%. Then you have asphalt, propane, plastics, etc.

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/can...ne-barrel-oil/

Stop pulling crude out of the ground and almost the entirety of modern life is over as we know it. We will all be back to the 1880's.
Mark R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 12:36 PM   #70
MightyBobo

Drives: 2022 VOM 2SS 1LE M6 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by serper3 View Post
IDK, I think that is why these silverado EVs are going to be $100k+ for a while. dont see a price for a cheaper version yet.

Also, 400 mile range sounds great, just dont do truck things with your truck like tow something. 200 if you are lucky.

i just think we arent there yet to were the tech and infrastructure makes it worth it for a daily. idk if i will ever be on board with an ev as a fun car but we will see.
The Work truck version of the Silverado is $39,9 to start - if you are concerned about money and don't need features, get that...it'll be just as sparse as a normal 1500.

The vast majority of people who buy trucks don't do truck things with them. Cater to your audience.

20211120 - 1100 --- 20211207 - 2500
20211208 - 3000 (TPW: was 20220103, now 20220124)
20211220 - 3400 (TPW: 20220110)
20220114 - 3800 --- 20220122 - 4300 (1LE Wrap Shuffle)
20220125 - 4B00 --- 20220129 - 4200 (Shipped! ETA: 20220223)
20220212 - 4800 --- 20220216 - 6000!

2024 Silverado EV RST First Edition on reserve, as well.
MightyBobo is offline   Reply With Quote