Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-18-2017, 07:40 AM   #43
2016SS

Drives: 2016 Summit White 2SS
oneredry

2016 will have the option gm has been toying with this for years. I Had it on my 2008 cobalt ss turbo made a huge difference in the quarter mile stock keeps it in the boost.

Once modded the car would have ate the stock clutch up so i stopped using it.

When i get my Camaro out in the spring (winter ontario) i will try it on this car i expect tire chirping gear changes my cobalt could the first 3 gears. I expect the same for this car!
2016 Camaro 2SS Summit built 3/28/16 delivered
2018 Camaro ZL1 cancelled by GM 😡
2019 Corvette 2lt Z51
2016SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 07:48 AM   #44
SS2017

Drives: 2SS & GT Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneredry View Post
ohh! from what I understood (in a different thread) is that 2016's do not have this option. so my guess is that we do have it!?

and 2, wonder if it affects boosted vehicles?
'16s have it, the member Ian@W has used it on his '16 SS many times from what I read on his posts.
SS2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 07:50 AM   #45
SS2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
I do have NPP but I did the fuse pull on it so don't know if that would change anything. Basically the valve is always open.

It was floored. I didn't get an opportunity to try it again on the way home lastnight due to traffic.
Do you remember the fuse number you pulled?

Odd, if you had it floored, that it didn't make the gunshot sound as from what I have been told it pretty much needs to make that sound. As it's burning off the extra fuel that gets dumped when the car cuts the spark so you don't over rev it while the throttle is floored.
Old 01-18-2017, 07:52 AM   #46
SS2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2016SS View Post
I Had it on my 2008 cobalt ss turbo made a huge difference in the quarter mile stock keeps it in the boost.
Did that car make a loud backfire like sound when you used no lift shift as well?
Old 01-18-2017, 08:04 AM   #47
SmAC

Drives: 2016 2SS
My A8 SS will do it anytime I get the revs near red-line especially in the first few gears. (with the pedal pushed through the floorboard) When it shifts it will do it so hard and the car just leaps forward. The loud pop is like an ear-gasm!
SmAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 02:18 PM   #48
SkipNWis

Drives: 2016/SS Has had 4 Gen 5's
My problem is everytime i try to do a burnout I smell more burned clutch then tires???? What am I doing wrong??? Please PM me an Answer Please<<<<<<

SnoWhite
SkipNWis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 02:29 PM   #49
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkipNWis View Post
My problem is everytime i try to do a burnout I smell more burned clutch then tires???? What am I doing wrong??? Please PM me an Answer Please<<<<<<
How are you doing it? Just turn off the nannies, push in clutch, bring up revs, dump clutch, floor throttle...you should have no issues burning lots of pricey rubber lol.
Old 01-18-2017, 07:11 PM   #50
Dysan911

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS2017 View Post
Do you remember the fuse number you pulled?

Odd, if you had it floored, that it didn't make the gunshot sound as from what I have been told it pretty much needs to make that sound. As it's burning off the extra fuel that gets dumped when the car cuts the spark so you don't over rev it while the throttle is floored.
Its fuse # 51. I dont' know if that has anything to do with it or not but I've been doing this NLS every chance I get. I'm now addicted to it thank you very much. Still no backfire.

I'm flooring it.. Then without lifting the gas I just stab the clutch and slam the next gear. Mine sounds exactly like this.

I wonder if you bumped the rev limiter a tiny bit.
Former Ride: 17 Camaro 2SS, M6 - Fifty | Procharger P1SC | 3.7 Pulley | Stage 2 IC | Race Bypass | DSX FF Kit | JRE Custom E85 Flex Fuel Tune | LT4 Fuel System | JMS Voltage Booster | MSD Plug Wires | American Racing 1-7/8's LT Headers Full System Catback | Baro Breakout Harness | LT4 Map Sensor | Katech Ported TB | MMS Oil Catch Can | 160 Thermo | Solo Performance J-Pipes

Dysan911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 07:40 PM   #51
oilgear

Drives: Camaro ss, Cadillac, Kawasaki ZRX,
Quote:
Its fuse # 51. I dont' know if that has anything to do with it or not but I've been doing this NLS every chance I get. I'm now addicted to it thank you very much. Still no backfire.

I'm flooring it.. Then without lifting the gas I just stab the clutch and slam the next gear. Mine sounds exactly like this.

I wonder if you bumped the rev limiter a tiny bit.
So just select sport or track mode, and let er rip?
oilgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 08:10 PM   #52
crankaholic

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Hmmmm... sounds more like a powershift. What mode are you in? Is active rev-matching on? I'm sure I've done it without touching the redline.

It's been cold and wet here, I'll record a video when it gets a bit better.
Old 01-19-2017, 07:40 AM   #53
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:

Two issues I see with that video...

1- The driver is shifting kinda early. He is shifting at what looks to be like before 5500 rpm...

2- There is no rpm hold when the clutch is engaged. There should be with no lift shift.

Not sure what the deal is, maybe the earlier '16s didn't get NLS, or maybe his shift rpm was too low, or maybe he was slightly lifting (throttle has to be at least 93%).

All I know is in my car (and my friends '16 SS, as he tried it with me in the car the other day as well), when shifting at around 6000+ (limiter is like 6700 if I recall) will hold rpm and make the gunshot sound on the 1-2 shift when using NLS.

I wonder if pulling the NPP fuse could possibly deactivate NLS? Not sure why it would? Only thing I can think if is that the ECM "thinks" that the NPP valves are closed and doesn't want the afterfire (that is what the gunshot/backfire sound actually is) happening as that can harm a non straight through muffler...
Old 01-19-2017, 10:30 AM   #54
crankaholic

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
Two issues I see with that video...

1- The driver is shifting kinda early. He is shifting at what looks to be like before 5500 rpm...
Good catch. I never tried NLS so early, SS 1LE is right that it might not activate until 6k rpm or so
Old 01-19-2017, 10:42 AM   #55
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankaholic View Post
Good catch. I never tried NLS so early, SS 1LE is right that it might not activate until 6k rpm or so
..or I was thinking that at 5500 rpm NLS may very well work, but since it is far enough away from redline it doesn't need to cut any spark/dump fuel? This would explain why there was no "gunshot" sound.