The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2021, 10:02 PM   #239
bigd1276
2017 HyperBlue 2SS

Drives: 2017 HyperBlue Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange ss View Post
Rules don't Apply for some Apparently
Typical.

2010 IBM 2LT RS......Traded for.....
2012 IBM 2SS RS......Traded for.....
2017 HBM 2SS
Old 09-10-2021, 10:04 PM   #240
strykerg8gt

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd1276 View Post
As my company is a large grocery retailer with 1,000s of employees we would be subject to this mandate. I Would have a few questions.
Who pays for the weekly testing?
Am I paid for the time it takes for these tests?
What else should the government require testing for?
There are plenty other communicable diseases out there.
Should they test for those too?
I just get confused that we worked all of last year during this “pandemic” without a vaccine and were deemed essential and called heroes.
Now we could face termination if we refuse one.
I’m a healthy person who hasn’t missed a day of work in nearly 20 years. I don’t need my employer or the federal government poking and prodding me on a weekly basis.
I am by no means an anti-vaxer. It’s just not what my doctor and I think is right for me.
My body, my choice.
Those are good questions, I'd expect to be paid for that time also and to not have to pay for the testing.
Old 09-10-2021, 10:13 PM   #241
strykerg8gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
ABSO-****ING-LUTELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS AMERICA! We don't give up liberty and freedoms for a little supposed safety. We're supposed to wear masks because it'll keep you safe except it won't. We're supposed to get a vaccine that'll keep you from getting sick and dying except it won't. We're supposed to flatten the curve with a 2 week shut down except we're now 18 months into it. Where does it end? Where do we get back to life because all of this crap isn't life.
We gave up freedoms after 9/11 for safety. The Patriot Act gives a lot of discretion to the government to monitor citizens. It's happened in the past and will continue to happen. To be honest, I trust the government SLIGHTLY more than a good number of people in this country. And unfortunately that's not saying much.
Old 09-10-2021, 10:20 PM   #242
bigd1276
2017 HyperBlue 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by strykerg8gt View Post
We gave up freedoms after 9/11 for safety. The Patriot Act gives a lot of discretion to the government to monitor citizens. It's happened in the past and will continue to happen. To be honest, I trust the government SLIGHTLY more than a good number of people in this country. And unfortunately that's not saying much.
And the government has taken advantage of that to grow bigger and more intrusive.

"Those who would give up a little liberty to gain a little security deserves neither and will lose both"

2017 HBM 2SS
Old 09-10-2021, 10:25 PM   #243
strykerg8gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd1276 View Post
"Those who would give up a little liberty to gain a little security deserves neither and will lose both"
The history behind that quote is quite interesting.
https://www.npr.org/2015/03/02/39024...n-21st-century
Old 09-10-2021, 10:32 PM   #244
bigd1276
2017 HyperBlue 2SS

“Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.”

This is my fear.

2017 HBM 2SS
Old 09-10-2021, 10:35 PM   #245
StingrayblueSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
You’re right, abortion isn’t killing 1,100/day. Globally abortion kills approximately 125,000/day.

www.worldometers.info/abortions (These statistics are reported by the WHO.)

There’s also a tab on that page for the COVID statistics that are being referenced by pro-COVID vaccine people here.
What about condoms and pulling out lol.
12.391 112 MPH 10/05/19
Old 09-10-2021, 10:51 PM   #246
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
I don't trust the government. Joe Biden is more concerned about getting people to take an unwanted shot than he was about getting Americans out of Afghanistan and not arming the terrorist organization who carried out the largest attack on American soil since Pearl Harbor and congress regardless of political affiliation is letting it all go down. The Patriot Act was a gross overstep of government authority too. The problem is two wrongs don't make a right and people use the excuse of "he got away with it, why can't I?" as an excuse to do horrible stuff.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
Old 09-11-2021, 08:32 AM   #247
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
The government is requiring vaccination for federal employees. Government job government rules. They can work elsewhere. I'm a teacher, I'm required to have been tested for tuberculosis and random drug testing to get my job. If I didn't like that I was free to find work elsewhere. You should see some of the rules that apply to teachers.

You do realize that in order to go to public school you have to be vaccinated. You were most likely vaccinated as a child. What's the difference now?
You say that if people don't like the mandates they can work elsewhere.

The LA school district has mandated COVID vaccinations for children 12 and older. The parents of those children (and all others IMO) should be able to take their share of school funding and go elsewhere.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
Old 09-11-2021, 08:43 AM   #248
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
We rallied as a nation for 14 days to flatten the curve. This is an Endemic. COVID isn't going away.

Hospitalizations are nearly 99% unvaccinated. They pose the greatest risk to themselves. Let natural selection run its course.

I am vaccinated and strongly recommend it. If I were in my teens, 20s, 30s or planned to have children ...I'd take my chances with COVID.

Biden should have tied the last fat stimulus check to your vaccination status. $1,400 per person would have motivated a lot better than dictating like an angry, arrogant ass.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
Old 09-11-2021, 08:43 AM   #249
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
You say that if people don't like the mandates they can work elsewhere.

The LA school district has mandated COVID vaccinations for children 12 and older. The parents of those children (and all others IMO) should be able to take their share of school funding and go elsewhere.
How is it different than any other vaccine mandated already? serious question, and while they still have to pay "taxes" on that school they can homeschool to get around the issue.

I am waiting for private sector to start up "homeschool schools"

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
Old 09-11-2021, 09:24 AM   #250
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Ever wonder why a nation (India) of 1.3B people that is only 12% vaccinated - leaving 1,144,000,000 walking around UNVACCINATED, has only recorded 442,000 Covid deaths to date? And a country like the USA who is almost 2/3 vaccinated has recorded almost 700K deaths? If India had our .2% death rate per population, they'd have 2.6M bodies stacked up. Yet they don't.

And ever wonder why Israel - one of the most vaccinated places on the planet, was recording 2,000 cases a DAY in August? "However, the country has consistently reported some of the highest infection rates in the world since mid-August, during an unprecedented third wave, despite being one of the most vaccinated nations (currently, 63 percent of the population is fully vaccinated)"

And ever wonder why if the vaccines really work, do the vaccinated need protection from the unvaccinated? As Uncle Joe pointed out the other night. Seems I should worry much more about being around vaccinated people who spew the same viral load as the unvaccinated. And I do.

And ever wonder why the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally with 700,000 in attendance - who were more likely unvaccinated, didn't produce the same 1,400 person death rate?

Last edited by Moto-Mojo; 09-11-2021 at 09:39 AM.
Old 09-11-2021, 09:35 AM   #251
Silver14

Drives: 2014 SIM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
Ever wonder why a nation (India) of 1.3B people that is only 12% vaccinated - leaving 1,144,000,000 walking around UNVACCINATED has only recorded 442,000 Covid deaths to date? And a country like the USA who is almost 2/3 vaccinated has recorded almost 700K deaths. if India had our .2% death rate per population, they'd have 2.6M bodies stacked up. Yet they don't.
Interesting reads on the India #s using excess deaths:
https://www.cgdev.org/publication/th...id-19-pandemic
https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...he-official-co
Old 09-11-2021, 09:48 AM   #252
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Just quoting the almighty, all knowing, right wing nut job cancelling, Google.

Name:  india.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  124.9 KB