Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-26-2022, 12:36 PM   #43
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I have to be honest in that a lot of the time, it's difficult to understand what some of these guys are saying, because they're talking tuner-talk, and I'm not a tuner. In case this might be helpful to anyone (trying to do this by memory - sorry - no laptop with me):

Disabling the codes is easy. Just unselect the check under "SES Enable" and change the column to the right (I forget the label) to "No MIL Reported". That P27A-code is a new one to me. That one was not sent to me as something to change. I don't know if that's a model-year specific-type-thing, or a new discovery by HHP.

Connection to the internet is necessary because, for reasons I don't understand, that's how to access the TCM. One of the things I don't like is you can't read the TCM from the car, as it stands. You can write to the TCM, but again - your laptop has to be connected to the internet. The connection to HPTuners is automatic though, so that's nice. It says read, but it's not readable like the ECM/CCM. At any rate - you can write all you want, which is what matters to me.

As far as verifying it's the correct file - I saved an OEM file of the TCM-tune, and it seems to compare directly with what comes from HPTuners' server. So - that's good. Those are easy things to check/compare.

Basically - what made sense to me was reading the OEM tune (from the T93) before swapping to the HHP TCM. Then - after I connected to HPTuners the first time, I saved that file, and compared to the OEM file (from the T93). For me - there were no differences in the tune comparison, so all was good. I then started making adjustments from there.

Hopefully that was helpful.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 01:09 PM   #44
Blackdevil77

Drives: 2008 Pontiac G8 GT, Shelby GT500
I wonder if they’ll ever get it less finicky with these new TCMs. Seems like such a pain. I’m used to just reading the tcm, seeing the tables and values, making modifications, then uploading.
Blackdevil77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 02:57 PM   #45
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdevil77 View Post
I wonder if they’ll ever get it less finicky with these new TCMs. Seems like such a pain. I’m used to just reading the tcm, seeing the tables and values, making modifications, then uploading.
Yup. That's what I've tried to learn to do, and not overthink it, which is something I do, too. I'm sure it's not going to get easier. This isn't bad though. It's just trying to understand, precisely, what they mean.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 06:06 PM   #46
JSH

Drives: '20 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
Yup. That's what I've tried to learn to do, and not overthink it, which is something I do, too. I'm sure it's not going to get easier. This isn't bad though. It's just trying to understand, precisely, what they mean.
I was told today that I have to reinstall the stock TCM and grab some data to eliminate my T87a DTCs. I'll know more in a few weeks
2/23 - 1031/1004 wheel.
4/23 - 1.41/9.61/145 at DA 7000 ft. (only made five passes).
2/24 - LME 390, E2650, FBO, 100 oct.; 1116hp/ 1063tq; 109 oct. dyno next.
JSH is offline   Reply With Quote