Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 02-21-2019, 01:38 PM   #1
DevilDriverMark

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro
No Crank No Start

No crank no start.
I have a 2010 Chevy Camaro SS with a manual trans. 48k miles. My camaro stalled out all of a sudden 12/24/18. It acted as if the fuel pump died. Battery is new, all fuses r good all connections r good. I had the starter tested and its good. I changed the fuel pump, the clutch position sensor and the ignition switch. Im now leaning towards something with the immobilizer. Security light only stays on for the normal 5 seconds. When i turn the key to start, all the lights go out like as if it was going to start but i get nothing. It runs all tests as if it were started. All electronics work, windows work and everything else. I'm trying to avoid going to the dealer obviously bc they will charge an arm and a leg for a $5 part/fix. Would really appreciate the help.
DevilDriverMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 01:48 PM   #2
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Any SES codes?
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 08:36 PM   #3
DevilDriverMark

Gringo. No codes, nothing pending either. Car was running perfectly. It just stalled when i was backing out of a parking space. Tried to restart and it wouldn't. Rolled back into another parking space. Let it sit for a couple minutes. Tried to start and it started up. I sat to make sure it was good. After about 30 to 45 seconds it stalled out again and hasn't started since.
Old 02-21-2019, 08:56 PM   #4
Coz3z3

Drives: 2015 Z/28, 2015 1LE
What mods do you have? And tune if any?
Coz3z3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 10:16 PM   #5
DevilDriverMark

Performance exhaust from GM. Otherwise no mods of any kind. Also bought it used with 14k miles. Have it 3 yrs now. No issues of any kind till this one.
Old 02-22-2019, 09:39 AM   #6
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Think I would just bite the bullet and take it in to the dealer, rather than just replacing parts. They are more equipped to test electrical than you are. You may end up being money ahead with them.
Old 02-22-2019, 01:41 PM   #7
DevilDriverMark

Thanks guys. It was worth the shot to ask.
Old 02-22-2019, 03:54 PM   #8
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
Have you tried your OTHER key and fob?
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 04:36 PM   #9
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
I believe I paid $150 or thereabouts for an hour and 1/2 of diags recently (Electrical issue). You can have them find the problem and repair yourself. Of course you would still need towing though.

How much do you have into it already? I hate to see someone just throwing parts at an issue.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI

Last edited by InFiD3ViL; 02-22-2019 at 04:50 PM.
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 05:41 PM   #10
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
Page 1345 of the service manual
DTC B3935 00Transponder Authentication Error Circuit/System Description When an ignition key is inserted into the ignition lock cylinder and the ignition is switched ON, the transponder embedded in the key is energized by the exciter coils located in the theft deterrent module. The transponder transmits a signal that is received by the theft deterrent module and is sent to the body control module (BCM). The BCM then compares this value to a value stored in memory. If the value is correct, the BCM will send the prerelease password via the serial data circuit to the engine control module (ECM). If the learned key code does not match or a transponder value is not received, the BCM will send the start disable password to the ECM. Conditions for Running the DTC Ignition is in the Accessory or Run position.
A valid transponder value has been read. Conditions for Setting the DTC The transponder value is valid and matches the value stored in the BCM memory. The transponder calculation of the challenge from the BCM does not match the BCM calculation. Action Taken When the DTC Sets Vehicle starting will be disabled. The security indicator will illuminate. The driver information center will display a service message. Conditions for Clearing the DTC A current DTC will be cleared when a valid transponder value has been read and authenticated. A history DTC will be cleared after 100 malfunction-free ignition cycles or when a scan tool is used to clear DTCs
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 07:07 PM   #11
lionssfan

Drives: 2010 2ss camaro
no crank check your starter relay circuit see if the relay is being commanded to engage the starter is one check. tap on your under hood fuse box. see if you have bad fuse box, might jar your connection where it will start. My 2010 had corrosion water intrusion in the right side ip cluster 32way connector. it was leaking from a unsealed body joint out on the cowl panel and leaking inside into the 32 way connector and had water under the carpet. found a bulletin on it this vary thing. I personal would take it in and have it looked at. Theres diagnostic tools that can be very handy localizing your problem.
TVS2300, BTR cam PD stage 3, ID1050 injectors, CHE bronze trunnions, 7.400" pushrods,.660" lift platinum springs, Titanium ret, Zl1 fuel pump, Kooks LT headers, High flow cats, Roto Fab CAI, Corsa exh., Mellings oil pump, HD chain, ls2 damper, all synthetic, BMR control arms, zl1 toe link, BMR cradle mounts, W/bottle relocation, air scoop deflector, Hennessy wheels, two piece rotor, morimoto fogs, DRL harness, coilovers, Heads up install, mgw shifter, slps splitter, slp spoiler, zl1 side skirts, painted strips, debadged, tinted, 2018 emblems.

Edit Signature
lionssfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 09:22 PM   #12
DevilDriverMark

I have tried the spare key and remote. Got the same thing. No codes, well basically none that i can read. I have a cheap OBDII reader. I spent around $300 in parts, fuel pump, clutch position sensor and ignition switch. Fuse box looks fine, nothing loose or water intrusion preasent. I did pull the bcm last week to see if i could see any corrosion, saw nothing. When i put it back in. I attemped to start it, turned to start nothing happened at first, released key but still had my foot on the clutch, about a second later the the starter attemped to start the car for a half a second. I attempted to start again and it just does nothing. I figured when i pulled the bcm that the failure was cleared so thats why it tried to start when i put it back in.
Old 02-25-2019, 03:37 PM   #13
granatl

Drives: 2SS RS ABM A6
There are many things that cause this. TCM cable isn't fully seated into the transmission plug (at least on an automatic, IDK for sure on a manual like yours). ECM cables aren't fully inserted. Wiring short. The list goes on and on.
Old 02-28-2019, 03:43 PM   #14
DevilDriverMark

My car is currently at the dealer. As of today they think its the ECM. Wont know till tomorrow when they get it and put it in and program it. $1046.00 if it turns out to be the problem.

Tags
no crank no start