Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-02-2019, 06:19 PM   #15
18RedHot1LE

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeze9878 View Post
Drsagacity,

Looks awesome and I just wanted to chime I for two things. I got my hood from MAGG performance as well (and I would recomend to go through them only if you want anything since I had nothing but pro lem with that dumbass Mark) .
But anyways more importantly..
1. Like you said it was not a simple prime and paint like you also said. My body guy was a friend so he did the hood for free for me and said the amount of filling and sanding on this hood, if it didn't look so good it wouldn't have been worth it. He said it was o e of the sh@ttiest hoods he has ever worked on.

And 2. For you I went to home depot and bought some gutter guards and my buddy molded them into my opening. I think it made a huge difference in looks (not sure how you feel about) and I just wanted to show you how it looks. I like how it doesn't look like a bunch of big holes in the hood any more. And I thin they were $6 a section and I bought 5 sections.

But congrats on the hood, looks awesome, and I know people all over town are talking about my car from shop owners I know telling me a out it. Hopefully you're getting the same reaction.

I'll try to get better pictures later today at home from the windshield side

I wish I would’ve seen this post before! I got mine back in October, my painter said the same exact thing! The fitment is absolutely horrible too! Not to mention literally 2 weeks after putting it on the car I started to get stress fractures in the cowel area and leading edge of the hood! I’d been in contact with Jeff and have been working on getting some sort of refund hopefully on the damn thing that’s been slowly busting apart on my car ever since putting it on... I wish I would’ve thought about putting some sort of reinforcement on the underside maybe it would’ve helped it to last longer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
18RedHot1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 07:30 AM   #16
cheeze9878

Drives: 17 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18RedHot1LE View Post
I wish I would’ve seen this post before! I got mine back in October, my painter said the same exact thing! The fitment is absolutely horrible too! Not to mention literally 2 weeks after putting it on the car I started to get stress fractures in the cowel area and leading edge of the hood! I’d been in contact with Jeff and have been working on getting some sort of refund hopefully on the damn thing that’s been slowly busting apart on my car ever since putting it on... I wish I would’ve thought about putting some sort of reinforcement on the underside maybe it would’ve helped it to last longer

Yea that is a good idea, what kind of reinforcement were you thinking? I'm going to start looking into that. And to tell you the truth if I knew it was going to be this much of a hassle I would have gone with the hood from Amerihood or Duraflex.
cheeze9878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 11:22 PM   #17
18RedHot1LE

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE Red Hot
Quote:
Yea that is a good idea, what kind of reinforcement were you thinking? I'm going to start looking into that. And to tell you the truth if I knew it was going to be this much of a hassle I would have gone with the hood from Amerihood or Duraflex.

I honestly have no idea, the gutter guards seem like they would offer better protection than not having them. But I guess when you spend that much on a hood you’d think you wouldn’t have to do modifications to reinforce the integrity of the product. I wish I would’ve gone with the VIS Racing one now that I’m in my current position to be honest... but unfortunately it’s live and learn I guess. I sure as hell haven’t gotten much in the way of a refund or feedback from the company

18RedHot1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 10:53 PM   #18
Drsagacity

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Nightfall Gray vert
Quote:
Drsagacity,

Looks awesome and I just wanted to chime I for two things. I got my hood from MAGG performance as well (and I would recomend to go through them only if you want anything since I had nothing but pro lem with that dumbass Mark) .
But anyways more importantly..
1. Like you said it was not a simple prime and paint like you also said. My body guy was a friend so he did the hood for free for me and said the amount of filling and sanding on this hood, if it didn't look so good it wouldn't have been worth it. He said it was o e of the sh@ttiest hoods he has ever worked on.

And 2. For you I went to home depot and bought some gutter guards and my buddy molded them into my opening. I think it made a huge difference in looks (not sure how you feel about) and I just wanted to show you how it looks. I like how it doesn't look like a bunch of big holes in the hood any more. And I thin they were $6 a section and I bought 5 sections.

But congrats on the hood, looks awesome, and I know people all over town are talking about my car from shop owners I know telling me a out it. Hopefully you're getting the same reaction.

I'll try to get better pictures later today at home from the windshield side
I love the gutter guard play. I was talking to my buddy about doing the exact same thing. Does that match the mesh from the center cowl?

2018 Corvette Z06 vert- Black
To be tuned by JRE Racing
TBD performance
Drsagacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 10:55 PM   #19
Drsagacity

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18RedHot1LE View Post

Can you post some pictures of the problems you are having? Where is it cracking?

TBD performance
Old 02-06-2019, 10:57 PM   #20
Drsagacity

Quote:
Originally Posted by StPeteHyper2.0 View Post
Mine is painted.. gloss. It's the blue one on Magg's website
Mine is painted gloss black, but it’s subtle with the midnight gray car.

TBD performance
Old 02-07-2019, 04:10 AM   #21
cheeze9878

Drives: 17 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drsagacity View Post
I love the gutter guard play. I was talking to my buddy about doing the exact same thing. Does that match the mesh from the center cowl?
I have the gutter guards in the front and both sides. So all mine match except the cowl, it is completely different, it has larger holes.
cheeze9878 is offline   Reply With Quote