Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-14-2018, 11:06 AM   #1
Delpy

Drives: 16 Camaro 2.0 6spd ,08 caliber srt4
AFR on stock tune with minor mods

So I figured Id post up some info for people adding simple bolt on modifications that are wandering whether its safe. This data is from an mpvi2 device from HP tuners.

The car being tested has a zzp catted downpipe, injen evolution intake and mishimoto catch cans.

for reference the barometric pressure today was 14.6-14.7 and the temps is 90 degrees per the device.( at damn near sea level lol)

The AFR at wide open throttle seem to stay around .826-.835 lambda (AFR of 12.142-12.275) until 5500 where the car adds a little fuel. normally see it drop to .797 lambda but it will go richer if you over rev it, say past 6k. This is on the richer side of things but its not severe.

My max boost is reaching 24.3 psi which is impressive if that's accurate. I haven't had the chance to keep on the throttle to see what psi levels off at. soon though.

Its my first time logging with this device but I did not see any knock retardant on the scanner. I'm not sure if its even reading knock as there is no knock activity at all on the log so no way to be sure at this point (my diablo showed zero for a while but eventually started showing a few degrees when I lugged it in high gears on my caliber srt4).

Anyways I plan to tune the car myself with this device, not sure when but probably within the next month or so as I continue to read up and learn as much as I can, should be interesting.

Hope this sheds some light for you guys worrying about running mods with no tune.
Delpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 03:50 PM   #2
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Drives: 18 Flex Fuel LTG
Good stuff Delpy. A lot of guys are interested in doing this, glad to see you pull the trigger. You should post up what your doing, and what you find out as you go. I'd love to read it. Your AFR is a bit richer than my bone stock pulls. Stock I only hit a max of 22.1 psi. On hot days logging WOT pulls in 4,5, and 6th (A8), on the stock tune I saw as much as 3' Kr.

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
cooper1965 is offline   Reply With Quote