Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-29-2020, 09:35 AM   #43
rdrfronty

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE CRUSH
Like many have said, acceptable comfort is very subjective.
But the ride in my ZLE doesn't bother me in the least.
The 1st couple days I noticed it was a bit harsh, but I don't notice it at all anymore.
Even the 6-speed manual I feel is perfectly find for a daily driver assuming you don't drive in lots of bumber to bumber traffic. But that issue is true for any manual car and the ZL1 being no worse than a little eco car really. The clutch is light and you can idle along at 6-7 mph ok.
The only truly negative that would prevent me from wanting to daily drive me ZLE is the poor visibility in the back & for lane changing - again in heavy traffic. Or perhaps night time. That big wing does not help there at all.
Normal driving it's not an issue to me, but the lack of visibility was annoying the few times I drove it to work in heavy Houston traffic.
Kong Ported Supercharger, Nick Williams 103mm Throttle Body, Roto-fab Big Gulp CAI, Kooks 2" LT Headers, AWE 3" Touring Exhaust, Cordes Expansion Tank, Mighty Mouse Catch Can, MS Tuning -- 661whp & 684ftlbs
rdrfronty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 09:53 AM   #44
Lafourche1

Drives: 2019 CLA 450 Mercedes
Most people will defend their choice. I know that I bought my ZL1 to use. I know that it will be doing a Rte 66 end to end trip as soon as safety (science) says its OK. I could not imagine doing a 5,000 mile road trip, with some pretty questionable road surfaces, in a ZLE. I can also state that my ZL1 performs well above my driving skills when on the track. I don't track it as much as I used to (OK none at all now). However, if I were serious about tracking this car, I would buy a second set of wheels and mount the SC3R tires. I would likely stay with the 20 inch as that would seem to make the transition a bit easier.
Lafourche1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 10:36 AM   #45
2018$S1le

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE Summit White M6, PDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
Have you had both on track?

Others than the obvious ride quality differences, I'm curious what your opinion is of the MRC VS the DSSV when it comes to rebound control and recomposing the chassis once upset mid-corner. Is there a remarkable difference?
Unfortunately I was not able to track the SS 1LE, and so far haven't in the ZLE either (just broke in 2 days ago and been giving it hell ever since!). I do want to really bad, but not a lot of options that I am aware of in central Indiana other than Putnam Park. If anyone knows of others please let me know. I will likely drag race mine more than track it. I have a strip not too far from me. Obviously I didn't buy the ZLE for drag racing specifically. My enjoyment of the car comes in all of it's capabilities, not just one. And I am not in this to be the fastest or win races. It's just all about having fun for me.

As far as comparing the two suspensions on the street. I can't add anything that hasn't already been said. Because the ZLE "speaks" to me louder than almost any other car, I was willing to accept the harsher suspension. The grin on my face from the ZLE is so big it seems to drown out any complaint I might make about the harsher ride. And quite frankly, having owned sports cars for 20 plus years, they're not supposed to be cushy and comfortable. If that's what you want out of your DD then get a Buick lol. It's like driving on a big fluffy cloud!
2018$S1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 11:10 AM   #46
ZRacerLE

Drives: The DSSV Twins: ZR2 and ZLE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2018$S1le View Post
Unfortunately I was not able to track the SS 1LE, and so far haven't in the ZLE either (just broke in 2 days ago and been giving it hell ever since!). I do want to really bad, but not a lot of options that I am aware of in central Indiana other than Putnam Park. If anyone knows of others please let me know. I will likely drag race mine more than track it. I have a strip not too far from me. Obviously I didn't buy the ZLE for drag racing specifically. My enjoyment of the car comes in all of it's capabilities, not just one. And I am not in this to be the fastest or win races. It's just all about having fun for me.

As far as comparing the two suspensions on the street. I can't add anything that hasn't already been said. Because the ZLE "speaks" to me louder than almost any other car, I was willing to accept the harsher suspension. The grin on my face from the ZLE is so big it seems to drown out any complaint I might make about the harsher ride. And quite frankly, having owned sports cars for 20 plus years, they're not supposed to be cushy and comfortable. If that's what you want out of your DD then get a Buick lol. It's like driving on a big fluffy cloud!
Do some autocrosses in Indy. You'll love it in that car no doubt.
ZRacerLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 11:18 AM   #47
2018$S1le

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE Summit White M6, PDR
Good call, I kind of forgot about that option.
2018$S1le is offline   Reply With Quote