The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 05-20-2016, 04:03 PM   #43
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
It's still a Chrysler product at the end of the day = stay away. My girls work vehicle is a Dodge and pieces just fall off. It's junk. If it wasn't for the Stow 'n Go seats she'd get a real vehicle, like a Sienna or Odyssey.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 07:04 PM   #44
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw77 View Post
Man I just rented the exact jeep the op bought for a week and the best part about the time is when I dropped it off! The limited's engine shuts off every time it comes to a stop and starts up when you take your foot of the brake. It had to be the most annoying thing I ever experienced! AC would stop working when your sitting traffic boiling in the sun and this one I drove had major clunking coming from the front end under braking and this thing only had 1400km's on it!

I sure hope the op is happy with his weird purchase.
Yeah, that's call a "feature". It's the same thing a few of the Chevys do too. I had a Malibu as a rental and that feature drove me freaking insane. I seem to remember a rumor mill (maybe even something official) that the GM considered putting the same thing in the Camaro. It's not something unique to Jeep. The transmission though... a bunch of FCA vehicles started using new 8 and 9 speeds and had a bunch of issues. Most of the issues were resolved with new software. I think one of the Land Rover's used the same transmission and had all kinds of issues with it too.

"What is a moderate interpretation of the text? Halfway between what it really means and what you'd like it to mean?" -Antonin Scalia
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 07:21 PM   #45
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Engine Start/Stop system. Everyone is doing it these days.
Old 05-21-2016, 12:29 PM   #46
bybcous

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Don't forget the part where he spent 2 weeks in the Bahamas burning through a ton of cash when he clearly had financial issues/obligations at home...
I never said anything about having financial issues at home, that was everyones assumption. Im actually fine and have no issues, when i said we spent two weeks in the bahamas, we really did and really spent more money than we planned. My wife wanted an car with the features my camaro offers and that is what she got, end of story from my part, and i do not make 30 grand a year if that is what people are thinking. Anyways the new jeep has been great, and offers alot more features than the base model we had before, it makes me wish i ordered a sunroof on my car, this is our first car with a sunroof. The 75th anniversary we have also has the refreshed front face that the 2017 models are receiving next year. I also noticed the trunk is larger.
Attached Images

Best so far 11.5 at 123 with a 1.83 60ft. BMR lower and upper trailing arms and upper control arms,E85
DELIVERED 12/29/15
http://youtube.com/bybcous " no talking only racing on my youtube"

Last edited by bybcous; 05-21-2016 at 08:27 PM.
bybcous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 01:51 PM   #47
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Well congrats. Hope it'll be worth it in the end...
Old 05-21-2016, 06:14 PM   #48
Chanman

Drives: '15 Camaro 2LS V6
As long as you are happy, that's all that matters, or should I rephrase that to read as long as the Mrs. is happy all is well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chanman is offline   Reply With Quote