The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 01-22-2014, 07:45 PM   #155
SSmoothie

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6SP Blk/Blk
Looks like we have few people, that sit in there chair tipping beers who thinks that anyone, (Sherman), who worked half there life to be one of the best, and gets asked a question 2 min after one the best plays of his carrier, when he is on an emotional high, is going to give a good answer. Show's you don't understand what your talking about. My .02
Old 01-22-2014, 08:43 PM   #156
Chaotic73
BUMBLLB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmoothie View Post
Looks like we have few people, that sit in there chair tipping beers who thinks that anyone, (Sherman), who worked half there life to be one of the best, and gets asked a question 2 min after one the best plays of his carrier, when he is on an emotional high, is going to give a good answer. Show's you don't understand what your talking about. My .02
Now this would make sense if it was the first time he's done something like this but he's done this crap before.

for example
Old 01-22-2014, 10:35 PM   #157
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...mming-national
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 06:40 AM   #158
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
So THIS is what caused Crabtree to push Sherman...

Old 01-23-2014, 07:09 AM   #159
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Full SoundFX from the 49ers/Seahawks game

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-...per-Bowl-berth
Old 01-23-2014, 07:31 AM   #160
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Sherm said "Hell of a game" and held his hand out. Who's the real thug? Crabtree....
Old 01-23-2014, 07:34 AM   #161
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Nice!! Can't wait to get a copy
Attached Images

Old 01-23-2014, 09:06 AM   #162
45thAnniversary2SS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybugsmom View Post
Sherm said "Hell of a game" and held his hand out. Who's the real thug? Crabtree....
Was that before or after he smacked Crabtree on the ass and then called him out on national tv? Why would you expect Crabtree to shake his hand after that?

It's really very simple. Don't act like a thug and people won't call you a thug...
Old 01-23-2014, 09:13 AM   #163
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45thAnniversary2SS View Post
Was that before or after he smacked Crabtree on the ass and then called him out on national tv? Why would you expect Crabtree to shake his hand after that?

It's really very simple. Don't act like a thug and people won't call you a thug...
Actually, it was before any interviews. This happened right after the interception before ANY interviews.

Now, some could call going over before the game was actually over to shake his hand and say "Hell of a game" provocative...however there's been a history between Crabtree & Sherman.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ent-last-year/

Regardless, people jumped on Sherman early because he was interviewed right after the play of his career putting him in the Super Bowl when he was hyped up on adrenaline. Add to that, that he had just been shoved by Crabtree after going to shake his hand...well, he reacted the way he did.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:20 AM   #164
45thAnniversary2SS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
Actually, it was before any interviews. This happened right after the interception before ANY interviews.

Now, some could call going over before the game was actually over to shake his hand and say "Hell of a game" provocative...however there's been a history between Crabtree & Sherman.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ent-last-year/

Regardless, people jumped on Sherman early because he was interviewed right after the play of his career putting him in the Super Bowl when he was hyped up on adrenaline. Add to that, that he had just been shoved by Crabtree after going to shake his hand...well, he reacted the way he did.
I've heard the entire story 20 times. It's the only thing they have on ESPN all week. I'm not sticking up for Crabtree, but don't think not shaking a hand is a good enough reason to act as Sherman did. Running around doing choke sign and then running your mouth in 2 consecutive interviews on national tv = CLASSLESS.

He literally smacked him on the ass 2 seconds before trying to shake his hand lol.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:48 AM   #165
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Regardless, that also takes away from other compelling things about the Seahawks...

Love Russell Wilson in this one getting advice from Bradshaw...

Old 01-23-2014, 10:49 AM   #166
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
oh yeah....Americas darlings
3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:20 AM   #167
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
I don't give a shit either way. To me they are both equal in this whole thing.

It's not any different to give Sherman a pass for his antics in the on field interview with the reasoning being 'Cut him some slack, he just won a really big game and was pumped up' as it is for Crabtree to say 'Cut him some slack, he just lost a really big game'.

Of course losing a game, even a big game, is not any excuse but true sportsmanship isn't shown when you win. It's shown when you lose. It's easy to be a good sport when you win. I absolutely saw Sherman as being a smart ass prick immediately when he went up to Crabtree on the field. Saw later that he may have been sincere. I can EASILY see how Crabtree could have misunderstood his intentions. It was out of character for Sherman to not be a smartass in that situation considering their history.

So, as an outsider who doesn't give a shit either way, I'd say this has been blown WAY out of proportion. The media LOVES this shit. And so do the fans.

Fanatics + percieved bad guy + bullshit victim + media = absolute stupidity

We've seen that right here with 1st State Chevrolet
Old 01-23-2014, 12:31 PM   #168
patternpilot

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Both Crabtree and Sherman were classless during this game. Now with that said; GO SEAHAWKS! YOUR THE ONE.

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
patternpilot is offline   Reply With Quote