Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 07-07-2021, 07:59 PM   #29
Motor Fast

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by sengli View Post
Replacing all that hardware, seems as if it was the symptom, not the root cause of your issues. I would agree with some others here.... it sounds like a flaky ground or damaged wiring somewhere.
I agree with this. It sounds like you're taking it to an incompetent dealership. Could be parasitic loss, ground issue, or a main source of power connection issue. Your dealership is charging you for their part swap experiment.
Old 07-07-2021, 08:16 PM   #30
Motor Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzana7 View Post
They have searched my VIN and there are just regular servicing and oil changes on record.
If that's your only dealership nearby PM me your VIN and I'll pull the full service history on your Camaro. I have to stop in my local dealership Friday and can pull your history. If you have another dealership nearby stop in and the parts department can print out the full service history of your car.

Quote:
To others commenting about wiring and grounding issues, I also have multiple signed service receipts saying the car passes a 52 point inspection, shows no signs of unusual power draws and I’ve had them check at least twice for damage to wiring harnesses or grounds, both times they say it’s up to factory spec. I am taking that with a grain of salt though [...]
Like you hinted that means nothing. Is your car 100% stock? Electrical power issues can be tricky to trace but the way you're describing the diagnosis, more a lack of, it's sounds like they're are throwing parts at the car. You mentioned your car did not start once and had a dead battery? Did you confirm it was a dead battery by checking it?
Old 07-07-2021, 08:45 PM   #31
jzana7

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor Fast View Post
If that's your only dealership nearby PM me your VIN and I'll pull the full service history on your Camaro. I have to stop in my local dealership Friday and can pull your history. If you have another dealership nearby stop in and the parts department can print out the full service history of your car.

Like you hinted that means nothing. Is your car 100% stock? Electrical power issues can be tricky to trace but the way you're describing the diagnosis, more a lack of, it's sounds like they're are throwing parts at the car. You mentioned your car did not start once and had a dead battery? Did you confirm it was a dead battery by checking it?
Reply:
Thank you for the offer but I have printed service history from before I owned the car and like other posters have mentioned none of it pertains to electrical issues, plus the car was purchased out of state with an expired warranty so I’m pretty much as far up a creek without a paddle as you can get. Car is 100% stock, every time it has died the batteries have had to be scrapped because they’re completely and totally dead. The service manager of the dealership said he’s never seen anything like it, especially with the issue of the windows losing their position on opening and closing the doors. Whole thing is just bizarre and like I said this is a MAJOR and well renowned Chevy dealership in the Midwest. I have not had any issues with the car except for my touch screen intermittently not working after replacing above mentioned sensors, but I no longer consider this to be a reliable enough vehicle to daily drive
jzana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 09:19 PM   #32
Motor Fast

Quote:
Reply:
Thank you for the offer but I have printed service history from before I owned the car and like other posters have mentioned none of it pertains to electrical issues, plus the car was purchased out of state with an expired warranty so I’m pretty much as far up a creek without a paddle as you can get. Car is 100% stock, every time it has died the batteries have had to be scrapped because they’re completely and totally dead. The service manager of the dealership said he’s never seen anything like it, especially with the issue of the windows losing their position on opening and closing the doors. Whole thing is just bizarre and like I said this is a MAJOR and well renowned Chevy dealership in the Midwest. I have not had any issues with the car except for my touch screen intermittently not working after replacing above mentioned sensors, but I no longer consider this to be a reliable enough vehicle to daily drive
Every problem you're laying out, though, is pointing to a single cause. Highly unlikely all those components are bad, that is a classic we don't know the cause so let's throw parts at it and hope something works. If the battery is truly completely dead everytime then that heavily points to a parasitic loss, which there are TESTS for. Ask your dealership how they diagnosed the bad ECM. Ask them how they diagnosed the tire pressure sensors. Ask them how they diagnosed the window motors. I bet they'll have problems providing sound answers. Are you on a weak battery right now? How many batteries have you been through? Is there a relationship with a dead battery and how long the car has been off? That would be insane if you had a bad ECM, four bad tire sensors, both window motors are bad, and bad touchscreen. Unless, maybe the car was flooded.
Old 07-07-2021, 09:29 PM   #33
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor Fast View Post
Every problem you're laying out, though, is pointing to a single cause. Highly unlikely all those components are bad, that is a classic we don't know the cause so let's throw parts at it and hope something works. If the battery is truly completely dead everytime then that heavily points to a parasitic loss, which there are TESTS for. Ask your dealership how they diagnosed the bad ECM. Ask them how they diagnosed the tire pressure sensors. Ask them how they diagnosed the window motors. I bet they'll have problems providing sound answers. Are you on a weak battery right now? How many batteries have you been through? Is there a relationship with a dead battery and how long the car has been off? That would be insane if you had a bad ECM, four bad tire sensors, both window motors are bad, and bad touchscreen. Unless, maybe the car was flooded.

flooded? I was starting to think the same thing too. Could this car have had water, hence the havoc with the entire electrical system?
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 11:55 PM   #34
FlukeSS

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
flooded? I was starting to think the same thing too. Could this car have had water, hence the havoc with the entire electrical system?
Definitely a possibility, a lot of salvage sales are related to flood damage, or fire damage. I thought dealerships had to disclose that information upon sale or at the very least show it as a branded title in carfax?
FlukeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 12:51 AM   #35
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlukeSS View Post
Definitely a possibility, a lot of salvage sales are related to flood damage, or fire damage. I thought dealerships had to disclose that information upon sale or at the very least show it as a branded title in carfax?

I thought so too. Unless somehow it was covered up by the shop that did the repairs, OR the person traded it in like this after they drove through water and it slipped passed the dealer because the dealer didn't inspect it and run any computer diagnostics.

If there was a salvage title and the dealer didn't disclose that....

Well that would be a HUGE lawsuit if they hid it and that dealer would have serious trouble.

I'm thinking it wasn't salvaged. The person could have drove it through water, and the shop they used just threw some parts at it and they gave up and traded it in.

That's the most likely outcome and the dealer didn't inspect the car well. So the consumer ends up stuck with it.

Happens from time to time when buying a used car. Look at how terrible the Chevy service departments are, at least most of them. Shouldn't shock you stuff slides.

Here in Florida I would be very careful buying used cars, especially from smaller lots. There are going to be some flooded cars out there after last night. People were getting their cars stuck today trying to drive down flooded streets.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2ss, camaro, electrical issues, electrical short, problems