Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-16-2022, 10:55 PM   #1
jeffyhopper

Drives: toyota camry
Can you pop in the RS package lower grille insert directly?

Hello, dear Camaro lovers of the forum

Has anyone ever tried to dress-up their non-RS Camaro with this silver lower front grille insert that comes with the RS package? This is the link from GM here:

https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oem-pa...nsert-84112292

I am trying to figure out how easy/difficult to get this on for my non-RS LT1 coming soon. Hopefully I will not need to get the whole front fender off the car for this.

Thank you for your input!
jeffyhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 07:51 AM   #2
LT1gen6

Drives: '22 LT1 Coupe
There is a button on your link page, "Make sure this part fits your car." Results for 2023 Camaro LT1
Attached Images

LT1gen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 10:54 AM   #3
TP2SS

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
It COULD fit but the parts/vehicle checker may not be updated yet, or it just won't allow the match because it's a 2022 version and you're checking for a 2023. It DOES show it fits the 2022 LT1, so if the grilles are the SAME, it will fit. OP, you're going to have to find a 2022 LT1 and visually compare the grille to the 2023 model grille. There are two new LT1 verts at a dealer down the street from me and they have what looks like is this insert. I've only looked from the road, as I drive by, but they look more like the part shown (V-shaped) than the photo of the entire grille that's shown in the second post that says it does fit the car. My guess is they changed the RS trim piece slightly for a "new" look on the 2023, but the grille is actually the SAME as 2022. OP you could try checking this way too: spec out a grille only for a 2022 and a 2023 and see it it's the same part #, if it is, the 2022 v-shaped piece should fit.
Magnetic Ride Control
Dual Mode Exhaust
2019+ version Split Spoke Silver Wheels
Navigation
Silver Rally Stripes
TP2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 12:28 PM   #4
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
If it fits a 2022, it's very likely to also fit the 2023 no matter what the catalog says, since it takes forever to get updated with latest model year fitment data.

...but shouldn't we discuss the outrageous sixty bucks for an ounce worth of ABS plastic, let alone the MSRP of ninety dollars?

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 01:55 PM   #5
jeffyhopper

Thank you! I am more worried about if I need to get my front bumper off to have it installed (in the case there is a retention part need to be put in behind the grille), or I can just insert it directly. Hopefully it is simple...
Old 12-17-2022, 01:57 PM   #6
jeffyhopper

Thanks! I am actually trying to know if I need to take off my front bumper/grille, in order to have this insert installed. It looks like I can just insert it in front of the grille, but there can be a retention part need in the back of the grille...
Old 12-17-2022, 02:17 PM   #7
PostalLDMC

Drives: 2022 2LT RS Convertible
The part # you show doesn't have the groves for the grill like mine does. I dropped a Pic.
Attached Images

PostalLDMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 04:03 PM   #8
TP2SS

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by PostalLDMC View Post
The part # you show doesn't have the groves for the grill like mine does. I dropped a Pic.
It doesn't need the grooves. The one on your car has three sides and wraps up and around and down over the "fins" in the grille. The part the OP is asking about has two sides and looks like it fits in the bottom and up the outside edge, which would appear to fit in the bottom and end edges and not over the top of any grille fins.

OP, if you can reach up into the backside of the grille area from underneath, there should be no need to remove the fascia. I'm guessing there's a panel underneath that will pop off with removal of some push-pin type fasteners. I doubt they'd make this part so complicated to install that the entire fascia has to be removed. Once accessed, it's probably held on with a few clips.
Magnetic Ride Control
Dual Mode Exhaust
2019+ version Split Spoke Silver Wheels
Navigation
Silver Rally Stripes
TP2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 05:20 PM   #9
JimGnitecki

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro LT1
Does anyone not consider that putting an RS emblem on a non-RS car makes the car a "fake". That's bad enough, but if the OP ever trades or sells the car, having that non-applicable RS emblem on it could bite him when the buyer or dealer realizes the cra is NOT an RS model that he based his bets offer on.

This is way different than say adding a spoiler or some stripes. No one really buys and puts on this emblem unless they are trying to deceive either a buyer or at least a friend or admirer.

Jim G
JimGnitecki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 06:30 PM   #10
armycop71
Love my Satin Steel LT-1!

Drives: 6-Speed LT-1...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimGnitecki View Post
Does anyone not consider that putting an RS emblem on a non-RS car makes the car a "fake". That's bad enough, but if the OP ever trades or sells the car, having that non-applicable RS emblem on it could bite him when the buyer or dealer realizes the cra is NOT an RS model that he based his bets offer on.

This is way different than say adding a spoiler or some stripes. No one really buys and puts on this emblem unless they are trying to deceive either a buyer or at least a friend or admirer.

Jim G
I don't think the OP is putting on any RS emblems, he was just asking about the silver trim pieces on the lower grille. The RS package is just tinted taillights and the little silver pieces on the LT-1 anyway. Not much else to it.

6-Speed Man|Carbon Flash Wheels
Technology Pkg|NPP|Satin Blk Pkg
ZL1 Rock Guards|Red Knee Pad Set
PBC LT1 engine built by Debi Lewis
armycop71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 06:50 PM   #11
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimGnitecki View Post

Jim G
I don’t know about that… a dealer is going to run a VIN and that will tell him everything he or she needs to know. As far as the RS badges, doesn’t sound like the OP is looking to do that. I wouldn’t think any less or more of the car either way. I yanked the RS one off my rear bumper and am going to paint the front one black or dark grey so it’s not so noticeable. I kinda think it’s a not such a great badge.

OP, I looked at my car….it has the part your looking for. From the best I can tell, and has already been mentioned, I think you can disassemble the splash shield / underside of the bumper and possibly remove the standard black inserts and install the shiny inserts.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 09:13 PM   #12
jeffyhopper

Your Camaro in the picture probably comes with the Redline package, which gave you a unique lower front grille with a diffrent red insert. Regular LT1 and LT1 with RS package has the original lower grille, and RS package gives 2 silver V shaped inserts on two side.
Old 12-17-2022, 09:14 PM   #13
jeffyhopper

Oh, I am not looking for a fake RS badge to be put on. I just want get those 2 V-shaped inserts onto the two sides of the lower grille.
Old 12-17-2022, 09:15 PM   #14
jeffyhopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffyhopper View Post
Oh, I am not looking for a fake RS badge to be put on. I just want get those 2 V-shaped inserts onto the two sides of the lower grille.
Thank you for the advice!