Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-22-2022, 12:43 PM   #1
jeffyhopper

Drives: toyota camry
Is F.H. Dailey Chevrolet in San Leandro (CA 94577) good to work with?

Hello, everyone.

I am a new member in the San Francisco Bay area, and I am looking to get a convertible V8 Camaro (likely an LT1, manual, Technology Package, NPP) before this lovely American icon will be long gone. I asked about a dozen dealers in the area, and F.H. Dailey Chevrolet in San Leandro is the only one willing to do a MSRP custom build for me. For every other dealer, they are asking for $5000 to $10000 markup for a custom build.

So, I am wondering if anyone dealt with F.H. Dailey Chevrolet in San Leandro before can comment if this dealership is good to work with?

Thank you for your input!

Jeff
jeffyhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 01:39 PM   #2
asum991

Drives: 2023 Camaro 3LT (ordered)
I ordered mine from Stewart Chevrolet for MSRP

05/25/22: 1100 08/04/22: 1100 (updated color)
09/14/22: 3000
09/21/22: 3400 TPW: 10/03/22
10/18/22: 3800
12/05/22: 4800 12/21/22: 6000
asum991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 02:01 PM   #3
jeffyhopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by asum991 View Post
I ordered mine from Stewart Chevrolet for MSRP
Thanks for the info! This very same dealer is asking for $5000 extra a few days ago for a custom build...
Old 09-22-2022, 04:17 PM   #4
Jofu

Drives: 2022 Wild Cherry ZL1 1LE
I never dealt with FH Dailey personally, but they have charged ADM before, and given that a dealer can always change their mind and scrap any verbally agreed upon deal, then I'd be wary of taking their word for MSRP... Still, if you're dead set on buying a car locally, then it may still be worth giving them a try, especially that security deposits here in California are fully refundable by law up to (and including) the day of the car delivery.

Good luck!

Geoff
Jofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 04:26 PM   #5
jeffyhopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jofu View Post
I never dealt with FH Dailey personally, but they have charged ADM before, and given that a dealer can always change their mind and scrap any verbally agreed upon deal, then I'd be wary of taking their word for MSRP... Still, if you're dead set on buying a car locally, then it may still be worth giving them a try, especially that security deposits here in California are fully refundable by law up to (and including) the day of the car delivery.

Good luck!

Geoff
Thank you, Geoff! I have a written confirmation from the sales person in email, and hopefully all will go on well...The dealer would like a $2000 deposit though, cancellable until the car is actully being made.
Old 09-22-2022, 05:43 PM   #6
LateBrakeU2

Drives: 15 RH Z/28, 23 RB2SS1LE, 23LT1VOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffyhopper View Post
Hello, everyone.

I am a new member in the San Francisco Bay area, and I am looking to get a convertible V8 Camaro (likely an LT1, manual, Technology Package, NPP) before this lovely American icon will be long gone. I asked about a dozen dealers in the area, and F.H. Dailey Chevrolet in San Leandro is the only one willing to do a MSRP custom build for me. For every other dealer, they are asking for $5000 to $10000 markup for a custom build.

So, I am wondering if anyone dealt with F.H. Dailey Chevrolet in San Leandro before can comment if this dealership is good to work with?

Thank you for your input!

Jeff
Dublin Chevy is great to deal with. I bought one Camaro from their stock this spring and ordered another that should be here by Feb. They are a volume dealer and seem to get good allocations, i did not pay any ADM in fact much less on my order.
LateBrakeU2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 06:12 PM   #7
jeffyhopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateBrakeU2 View Post
Dublin Chevy is great to deal with. I bought one Camaro from their stock this spring and ordered another that should be here by Feb. They are a volume dealer and seem to get good allocations, i did not pay any ADM in fact much less on my order.
Thank you! I reached out to them a few days back, and they are asking for $5000 markups for a custom build...I guess the time has changed.
Old 09-22-2022, 09:03 PM   #8
LateBrakeU2

Drives: 15 RH Z/28, 23 RB2SS1LE, 23LT1VOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffyhopper View Post
Thank you! I reached out to them a few days back, and they are asking for $5000 markups for a custom build...I guess the time has changed.

Well my buddy owns the Honda Store across the street so it was a referral to the GM directly. I can see that for a ZLE but an LT1? sorry man. If you want to PM me i'll provide my contact info at the dealer, sometimes taliking to the right person makes all the diff.
LateBrakeU2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 11:37 AM   #9
jeffyhopper

Status update as of 12082022

This is an update. After placing the customized order and waited for about 2.5 months, the dealership finally get the allocation for a convertible LT1, and my order has been accepted by GM according to the email from the dealer and also the virtual assiatant on Chevy website.