Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-29-2021, 10:49 AM   #267
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Haha, that's what I said when I got the R888Rs installed, initially it didn't feel too bad, but some really bad frustration with the monster truck whine came upon me after a few days.
I hope it doesn't come to that. After driving him about 70-miles yesterday, I feel a little better about all that stuff. It's definitely noisier - not yet annoying... I need more time behind the wheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuiquen View Post
Meaning ? You can hear vibrations? Noises from those parts? I want to make the car stiffer but not to the point i have noises.

I miss the ZLE feel but I don't miss the spring and struts.

Just trying to improve the car some without going all out and making the car unbearable
I'm not hearing like ring gear noise for the most part. I'm getting some drivetrain howl, but that could just be a result of the TCM-tuning I'm doing at the same time. I think the TC-lock-up is a little aggressive in the early stage of my tuning, and think that might be playing a small role in what I do hear. I'm trying to work the TC-out soon, so I'll have to check back in on that when I'm further along.

What I do hear at this time is generally under deceleration, and only on choppy/checked asphalt patches. I'm not getting chunking/clunking going over expansion joints or things like that so far. It's definitely not a constant rattle or anything all the time. I know the cradle bushings will transmit more of that noise, but it doesn't seem as bad as I thought it would be at this point. It's more than I wanted, but I also admit what I wanted was not realistic.

So far - the rear seems more planted. I haven't had a lot of rips on it yet, though, so I won't deem that conclusive. I need to get the MTs back on to compare. My tuning is blurring some of my observations, too, so I have a lot to polish before I'd make a definitive declaration about my thoughts. My initial impressions, though, are fairly positive.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 05:11 PM   #268
lenix38

Drives: 2019 Camaro Zl1
Well had the tramlining issue, took to dealership. Low and behold the thrust angle was off and rear toe on both tires was off as well. They got everything in spec again. No issues after leaving the dealership. Made the car feel solid again under hard acceleration.

Bullets always have the right of way.....
lenix38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 02:10 PM   #269
brad65ford

Drives: 2018 Zl1 Camaro
One would think these "small" alignment issues that only effect this car ... something else is going on. Don't believe alignment is the issues everyone is having. Every car on the road would have it, not just this one.
brad65ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 05:40 PM   #270
JonDaddy82

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Coupe NFG M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad65ford View Post
One would think these "small" alignment issues that only effect this car ... something else is going on. Don't believe alignment is the issues everyone is having. Every car on the road would have it, not just this one.
How many 650+ HP front engine rear drive cars are currently being built?

I’ll wait…not many!

Alignment is a factor, but the cradle bushings and overall soft bushings everywhere else is really the culprit. Mine is straight as an arrow now after unloading the entire BMR catalog on it and getting a good alignment.
2018 ZL1 M6 <- Not Daily
JonDaddy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 07:57 PM   #271
brad65ford

Solution is in the track settings (double click traction control button to open)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonDaddy82 View Post
How many 650+ HP front engine rear drive cars are currently being built?

I’ll wait…not many!

Alignment is a factor, but the cradle bushings and overall soft bushings everywhere else is really the culprit. Mine is straight as an arrow now after unloading the entire BMR catalog on it and getting a good alignment.

Nope didn't buy into that, its a setting be it may suspension setting and or eLSD and finally proved it tonight, totally happy with the car now.

Today I watched a video of someone showing double clicking on the traction control button to open up the track settings, you have wet, dry, sport 1, sport 2 and lastly track (then you must click select). Wow what a difference now, no more rear end wiggling / step out back and forth under heavy load. Spent a while tonight driving on the same flat roads back and forth switching between sport & track, then used these Track/Race settings and selecting them. I'm beyond impressed, wish I knew about it prior. While its stiffer suspension, I don't think I'll ever drive in another mode again. IMHO this proves its not the suspension from factory being the limiting factory, yet just sets in either the shock valving and or eLSD. Hopefully someone see things that has been fighting this condition since I hated that feeling. ��
Attached Images

Last edited by brad65ford; 01-28-2022 at 06:18 AM.
Old 02-24-2022, 12:51 PM   #272
Walnutbear

Drives: 2019 Zl1
Quote:
Nope didn't buy into that, its a setting be it may suspension setting and or eLSD and finally proved it tonight, totally happy with the car now.

Today I watched a video of someone showing double clicking on the traction control button to open up the track settings, you have wet, dry, sport 1, sport 2 and lastly track (then you must click select). Wow what a difference now, no more rear end wiggling / step out back and forth under heavy load. Spent a while tonight driving on the same flat roads back and forth switching between sport & track, then used these Track/Race settings and selecting them. I'm beyond impressed, wish I knew about it prior. While its stiffer suspension, I don't think I'll ever drive in another mode again. IMHO this proves its not the suspension from factory being the limiting factory, yet just sets in either the shock valving and or eLSD. Hopefully someone see things that has been fighting this condition since I hated that feeling. ��
Thanks brad65ford ,I have had this problem from day one.
Scary and embarrassing!
I will give what you say a try.
It never made sense to me that you will need to spend more money,(aftermarket) parts,and time to fix a problem that shouldn't be a problem on a car thats priced as these are! man I cant wait to find out that you are correct!
That makes total sense!
Old 02-24-2022, 01:59 PM   #273
pauly1119

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Quote:

You selected the wet setting?
pauly1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 05:33 PM   #274
brad65ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauly1119 View Post
You selected the wet setting?

Good question, honestly don't remember. I ended up just getting the cradle lock out since my rear would shift real bad on hits even with traction control settings tweaked which did help.
Old 02-24-2022, 06:06 PM   #275
pauly1119

Quote:
Good question, honestly don't remember. I ended up just getting the cradle lock out since my rear would shift real bad on hits even with traction control settings tweaked which did help.
Im having the same issue and think I found that video but it also didn't say. Ill try wet and dry, I was going to make an appointment to get it aligned but Ill try this first.
Thanks
Old 02-24-2022, 06:24 PM   #276
brad65ford

if you have rear movement and you haven't done the cradle lock out don't waste your time doing an alignment first. Do the cradle kit then get alignment.
Old 02-24-2022, 06:49 PM   #277
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:

Or just install the BMR cradle lockout and run whatever settings you want.
Z OH 6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 07:00 PM   #278
pauly1119

Whats involved in the cradle lockout kit? Is this a do it yourself kit? Same kit for ZLE?
Old 02-24-2022, 07:22 PM   #279
willzilla
D3RPZILLA

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 a10
ZLE has solid bushing and does not need the lockout kit.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
willzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 09:10 PM   #280
pauly1119

Quote:
Originally Posted by willzilla View Post
ZLE has solid bushing and does not need the lockout kit.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Thanks, I looked the kit up and your right. I was thinking it was the toe and traction arms that are pop metal.