Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-06-2018, 02:03 PM   #1
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Front license plate bracket

For those of you who live in states with front license plates, what do you recommend for a bracket? I just had my front bumper cover redone and I HATE the idea of drilling into it. Are there any options that will work with a GM ground effects front splitter and not drill into the front bumper cover? I know of JacFab, but I cannot get any response from them on their webpage, on here, or through their dealers to answer if their bracket works with the GM splitter. The key is I do not want to not drill into the car if at all possible. Any suggestions?
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 02:09 PM   #2
imaSSnake
'Maro

Drives: 2015 SS 6.2L Auto 2SS
Mine had the factory Center Mount, so I took that off and just zip-tied it off to the side, I think it looks cool, and it definitely looks better than that monstrosity hanging off the front end. I did put two screws in the top but I'm sure you could figure out a way to do it without screws

Old 01-06-2018, 02:47 PM   #3
NC_SS

Drives: 2012 M6 Camaro SS (RIP)
I got zip ties lol
Old 01-06-2018, 02:54 PM   #4
TheFlyingBananaSS
Evil Genius of Chevrolet

Drives: 2017 Z06, 2019 XTS, 2013 SS
STO N SHO
GPI SS2 VVT cam, ECS Novi 1500 supercharger, Corsa Extreme, Detroit Speed and BMR suspension, Circle D triple disc, Melling oil pump, LS2 chain tensioner, ATI 10% UD, DSX E85 kit, High Energy coils, BTR springs, LS2 Lifter trays, Titanium retainers, hardened push rods, FIC 1000 injectors, ZL1 pump, Mighty Mouse catch can, AEM gauges, Tial BOV, Richmond 3.91 gears, Custom gauge bezels, Speed Engineering headers, Stainless Works HF cats, DSX Aux pump, 710rwhp on E85.
TheFlyingBananaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 03:26 PM   #5
ron123

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
If I lived in a state requiring front plate ... I'd hold it up to front of car and let it tumble to ground. Then pick it up and leave it on dashboard; if got pulled over mention that the plate fell off and about to go home and install. Under penalty of death I would not think about drilling the bumper cover. Retractable hidden sounds good.
2014 2SS/RS, Z28 CAI and High Wing Spoiler, ZL1 5.1:1 Ratio Short-Throw Shifter, ZL1 Pedals, ZL1 splash guards, NPP Dual-mode quad tip exhaust, Z28 strut tower brace, Camaro LED Cup-holders with footwell Lighting option, Leather visors, and Leather E-brake boot. Chevy dealer sponsored 67 retro SS nose stripe package.
ron123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 04:09 PM   #6
splashlog48

Drives: 2011 Green SS M6
I like the Jac-Fab bracket
Edelbrock EForce Blower, RDP custom grind cam with upgrades,Stainless Power Headers with HighFlow Cats, Stainless Power Retro catback, DSS halfshafts, CAI brand CAI, Tuned ON the Dyno by Steve at RDP. SLP rims,All vinyl stripes removed and painted on, custom hand painted pinstriping, Custom leather seats, Lloyds mats,windows tinted, Sparks emblems, Hurst Billit shifter, and too many small items to list. VDI Scissors doors.
splashlog48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 04:17 PM   #7
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by splashlog48 View Post
Me too. It's a bit pricey but you get what you pay for. It is a quality piece.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 04:23 PM   #8
splashlog48

Drives: 2011 Green SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSuperfly View Post
I haven't seen him pushing them lately But I think I paid around $60 during a Fourth of July sale back in 2011. I got the bent one and it's been Great !!
Edelbrock EForce Blower, RDP custom grind cam with upgrades,Stainless Power Headers with HighFlow Cats, Stainless Power Retro catback, DSS halfshafts, CAI brand CAI, Tuned ON the Dyno by Steve at RDP. SLP rims,All vinyl stripes removed and painted on, custom hand painted pinstriping, Custom leather seats, Lloyds mats,windows tinted, Sparks emblems, Hurst Billit shifter, and too many small items to list. VDI Scissors doors.
splashlog48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 04:40 PM   #9
pyroguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSuperfly View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I haven't seen him pushing them lately But I think I paid around $60 during a Fourth of July sale back in 2011. I got the bent one and it's been Great !!
Do they will with the GM front splitter? I'd buy one right now if I knew it worked with the GM splitter.
Old 01-06-2018, 04:41 PM   #10
pyroguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingBananaSS View Post
STO N SHO
These are awesome, but require drilling. If I can avoid drilling I would prefer to.
Old 01-06-2018, 05:21 PM   #11
Terryfied

Drives: 2010 2SS L99
... or just go without a front plate like many of us.
Terryfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 06:47 PM   #12
TheFlyingBananaSS
Evil Genius of Chevrolet

Drives: 2017 Z06, 2019 XTS, 2013 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
These are awesome, but require drilling. If I can avoid drilling I would prefer to.
The holes are on the bottom of the bumper. Nobody will ever see the bracket you mount there except your mechanic.

I've had a guy driving a C6 vette ask me about it when he saw me slide my front plate back on at the car wash.

This really is your best option. I researched it thoroughly before I bought it.
GPI SS2 VVT cam, ECS Novi 1500 supercharger, Corsa Extreme, Detroit Speed and BMR suspension, Circle D triple disc, Melling oil pump, LS2 chain tensioner, ATI 10% UD, DSX E85 kit, High Energy coils, BTR springs, LS2 Lifter trays, Titanium retainers, hardened push rods, FIC 1000 injectors, ZL1 pump, Mighty Mouse catch can, AEM gauges, Tial BOV, Richmond 3.91 gears, Custom gauge bezels, Speed Engineering headers, Stainless Works HF cats, DSX Aux pump, 710rwhp on E85.
TheFlyingBananaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 09:22 PM   #13
SS PANTHER

Drives: 2013 SS Supercharged Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
Do they will with the GM front splitter? I'd buy one right now if I knew it worked with the GM splitter.
At one time he offered one for cars with splitters. I have a JacFab bent to contour and like it. It also helps protect the front end when you ingress/egress inclines.
Attached Images

SS PANTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 09:30 PM   #14
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
The Jac-Fab will not work with the GFX splitter.

I don't know if the Show-N-Go will work or not, but I would be concerned about scraping it on a wheel stop if it does.

I bought a universal fit bracket and zip tied it to my lower grill while waiting for the Jac-Fab. It didn't look terrible.
Attached Images