Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-25-2017, 02:15 PM   #1
Rick44445

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
2017 Camaro 2SS (Lemon)

So bought a 2017 2SS at end of February and by end of April it was in the shop due to a funky noise at 2800 RPMs that gets louder as RPMs increase, Dealer has had it in on 15th, 22nd, and has had it since the 28th of April with no resolution in sight, I have been understanding through the whole process and the Dealer has been amazing, but GM has not been so awesome. I paid $46,000 and would expect GM to provide outstanding customer support but truth is they really don't seem to care about the customer. I called them 3 times and finally got a call back today, I requested that they A. Payoff my lone and buy back the car, the Senior Rep. said they don't do that, or B. Replace the car with an Upgraded model, she said that was possible. If they don't do either I will be forced to call an attorney and file lemon law case against GM. This whole thing sucks, they only put out a few lemons a year and it's across the board on manufacturers, they should without hesitation take care of those unlucky people like myself, because we as taxpayers and customers keep them in business. This whole process has been a real bummer so far, I was always a dodge guy except for a 1980 z28 I had in high school and a 95 v6 I had while in the Army, was extremely excited that I was in a position to be able to buy a 50th anniversary Camaro and it's been nothing but a complete let down. Hopefully I get some good news within the next week, but from what I have read on other forums is this will end up in court. Anyone else recently go through this?
Rick44445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 02:21 PM   #2
2K16SummitSS
Resident Land Surveyor

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS - Summit White M6
See some experiences here....

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...hlight=buyback
2001 NBM Trans Am WS6, Wifey's Grocery Getter - Torquer V2 cam, Racetronix Fuel Pump, Yank 3000 Stall, Transgo 1-2 kit, TSP LTs, Magnaflow, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTIIs, Ed Wright tuned
2K16SummitSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 02:23 PM   #3
NITRA10

Drives: 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick44445 View Post
So bought a 2017 2SS at end of February and by end of April it was in the shop due to a funky noise at 2800 RPMs that gets louder as RPMs increase, Dealer has had it in on 15th, 22nd, and has had it since the 28th of April with no resolution in sight, I have been understanding through the whole process and the Dealer has been amazing, but GM has not been so awesome. I paid $46,000 and would expect GM to provide outstanding customer support but truth is they really don't seem to care about the customer. I called them 3 times and finally got a call back today, I requested that they A. Payoff my lone and buy back the car, the Senior Rep. said they don't do that, or B. Replace the car with an Upgraded model, she said that was possible. If they don't do either I will be forced to call an attorney and file lemon law case against GM. This whole thing sucks, they only put out a few lemons a year and it's across the board on manufacturers, they should without hesitation take care of those unlucky people like myself, because we as taxpayers and customers keep them in business. This whole process has been a real bummer so far, I was always a dodge guy except for a 1980 z28 I had in high school and a 95 v6 I had while in the Army, was extremely excited that I was in a position to be able to buy a 50th anniversary Camaro and it's been nothing but a complete let down. Hopefully I get some good news within the next week, but from what I have read on other forums is this will end up in court. Anyone else recently go through this?
I lemon'd my SS

Pick up the phone and call a lemon attorney in your area. It will cost you nothing and you will get this all done with in a fraction of the time.

Just like with insurance companies, dealing with GM or any car manufacturer alone without an attorney will net you a loss.

Cheers
NITRA10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 02:33 PM   #4
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick44445 View Post
a funky noise at 2800 RPMs that gets louder as RPMs increase
This seems pretty vague to me, although maybe you have more specific mechanical details. I agree with the idea about contacting a lawyer, since I'm not sure you have established that you have a serious defect on the car. You are describing what sounds like drivetrain noise. There is a wide range of potential sources.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 02:49 PM   #5
Rick44445

2017 Camaro 2SS (Lemon)

Old 05-25-2017, 02:59 PM   #6
E-Ray

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Nightfall Grey
The dealership has had your car for a straight month???? Are you kidding? I would be pissed too!!

E-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 03:03 PM   #7
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
In Ohio you need 30 days that the car has been in the shop for the same problem. The amount of days is based upon the dates that are on the repair orders, for the "date in" and the "date out.". If you have 30 of these repair order days,go see a lemon law lawyer, and stop posting on social media about it , and let him do his thing. It is very important you keep those repair orders. Some dealers have been known to "misplace" them.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 03:08 PM   #8
sdmcss

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE, 1985 MCSS
I just did a search for 'Lemon' on the Camaro6 Forum. You can see all the threads about lemons (including your own).
They might be able to help you out, point you in the right direction or even give you some idea of what to do.
Here is the quick link

From what I have seen most Dealers take care of their own stuff.
They might have Chevrolet on the front but they are not owned by GM.
I would know I have family members that own Chevrolet Dealerships.

Sounds like your dealer is giving you the run around and I would take it to another dealer.
All Chevrolet dealers will honor your warranty. Take it somewhere else and see if they can solve your issue or contact the correct rep to help you out.

Lastly, is your car an Automatic? Some Auto's have been having two issues. Rear end noise because the fluid needs to be changed at 1500 miles.
Or the infamous torque converter issues. Some dealers do not know about this still but, they should replace your TC and the noise over 2800 should stop.
I am not a mechanic this is just what I have seen on this forum. I have not had to deal with TC issues myself so someone else may have input on this.

Good luck, keep us updated!

Past/Current:
2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible, M6, Silver Ice Metallic, Inferno Orange Interior and Stripes - SOLD
2007 Monte Carlo SS, LS4, Summit White, Silver Rally Stripes - SOLD
2006 Impala SS, LS4, Black on Black - SOLD
1985 Monte Carlo SS
sdmcss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 03:10 PM   #9
Rick44445

I have contacted an attorney he advised to work with manufacturer first, his experience is they sometimes work faster, if they do not offer me a replacement within the next week attorney will take them to court. Sorry I was very brief on description of problem and I did not explain Ohio Lemon Law, My vehicle has been back 3 times for same issue. That's a lemon by law, also my vehicle has been at dealership for 30 or more days without solution to problem that's a lemon, vehicle only has 6000 miles and has only been owned for 3 months 18 months/18000 miles is general lemon law limit. The dealership has no clue where noise is coming from they tried using chassis listening device, replacing fly wheel/clutch, GM recommended replacing tranny, but SM didn't think that was smart, a Field engineer has been scheduled, but at this point I am protected by law and I have been inconvenienced enough. Serious issue or not it's a lemon, question is will GM step up or will I have to take them to court. I saw other forums on this, so I have a good idea on what the outcome will be, but have saw where they did step up for a few cases, so there is a small chance they will do the right thing
Old 05-25-2017, 03:14 PM   #10
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
If you meet the letter of the law, GM won't fight you. They will attempt to fix the car using a regional technical person one more time, but you won't go to court. They will either cut you a check, or trade you out of the car, your decision.

Why do you have two posts going on this? Mods, please consolidate.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 03:23 PM   #11
Rick44445

It's not an automatic, it's a stick, they replaced the fly wheel and the clutch, GM wanted them to replace the tranny, but SM didn't agree so they have a Field Engineer coming out to inspect it, they already sent out a District manager to verify the problem. And the dealer has had my car for 30 straight days, not sure what the heck the one guy is talking about but in Ohio when they take the car in the clock starts until you get your car back, my attorney has already advised me of the law, also I am covered because I have copies of the slips when I took it in the first two times for the same issue. I also have pictures of the car tore apart. I am not worried about posting on a social forum about my experience, I want people to know good or bad on the outcome. I also would like to hear from others that have been through this bull crap
Old 05-25-2017, 03:33 PM   #12
Rick44445

Yeah somehow when I posted the original my phone froze up and it created two, I expressed to the Senior Advisor from GM, I no longer want the car back. I gave her two options, one of which she said was not possible, I am willing to take an upgraded version of the SS and she said that was possible. If that happens I will be a happy camper and they will avoid paying my attorney fees and paying off my loan, plus mileage, and inconvenience settlement as well as lose me for life as a customer. I will deal with it one way or another, but I definitely don't want the car back, that they have torn apart and still can't find the issue, I don't know anyone who would.
Old 05-25-2017, 03:46 PM   #13
Hot2016Red

Drives: 2016 2SS
I have a brother who lives in Dallas, Texas and ran into a similar problem with a 2017 Lincoln Continental. Took delivery end of December and the car sat in the dealer's service department more than his own garage. He had an engine issue. The car less than 1200 miles on it. The service department could not fix the problem. After 4 try's he asked the dealership for a meeting with the salesperson, the sales manager, the service manager and the general manager all together. To make a long story short, the general manager contacted Ford Motor Co. He worked through their channels and got agreement to either replace the car or refund his money. He wanted a car. His wife is very particular and wanted this car because of the options and color combinations it offered. So, a new car is being built. He hopes to take delivery in early July. The general manager worked out the amount of time he was without the car and will reimburse payments made while without a car. No lawyer was involved. The dealership did a wonderful job at the end of the day in my opinion. However, I must add, the meeting with key management within the dealership got the ball rolling. I a case like this you must go to the top in the dealership, get buy-in from them that there is a problem that they cannot resolve, and then ask them to run it up the flagpole. I hope this helps.

Last edited by Hot2016Red; 05-25-2017 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Spelling
Hot2016Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 03:51 PM   #14
LuvMI
Lovin the growl...

Drives: 2018 2SS
Pray you get restored everything you loss in the deal. Get upgraded and it will have been worth the hassle.
LuvMI is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buy back, camaro, lemon, rattle