Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 11-28-2015, 07:08 PM   #85
TJR172

Drives: 2015 Z/28 HPE650
ITS THE CF WHEELS! Those Carbon wheels are worth 1.3 seconds or 13 car lengths per lap! www.carbonrev.com/motorsports
TJR172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 07:31 PM   #86
ChocoTaco369
145lb Powerlifter

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushinator View Post
Doesn't bruise anything on me. But you sure annoy the shit out of everyone here. It's a shame too. You seem like an intelligent person, and your points are certainly valid.
You just come off as a dick the way you put them. That's why people here, have a problem with you.
Most people don't like being talked to straight. It's fairly obvious the shortcomings of the Z28. GM will hopefully address these shortcomings in the 6th Gen. It is crucial to understand why the Z28 struggles to sell even approaching 30% off MSRP because if GM doesn't understand the issues and doesn't fix them this time around, there may never be another Z28. GM could afford to lose money on a couple thousand models the first time around because they got loads of press and accolades, and are now taken seriously by the finest publications in the world. The 6th Gen, however, needs to see a profitable Z28 or you can risk not seeing another Z28 for a very long time. So, if you're a Z28 fan, I suggest grievances be aired so GM understands the problems and corrects them for your own good.

If you want a better Camaro, you better root for a better Mustang. And if you want to keep the Z28, you better tell GM what they messed up so they can fix it. Set your ego aside and be objective.
Old 11-28-2015, 08:11 PM   #87
G6Flyer

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #371
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
I'm sorry, is that a question? So, in other words, ignore actual evidence to protect your personal bias? I notice you own a Z28, so I imagine the video posted bruises your ego a little. Objective opinions are more notable than biased opinions.

The great thing about the GT350R is it forces GM to up its game, and the amazing thing is even though the GT350R is better than the Z28, it isn't by much from strictly a performance standpoint. With the Alpha platform, GM will likely tear the GT350R to pieces from a performance standpoint with the 6th Gen. Now, what GM needs to do is provide a solid interior this time, not just track numbers. When the Z28 was released, they didn't have any direct competition, so the stripper interior isn't going to fly this time as the car will be judged more harshly by critics. 2017 should be an interesting year.

How can you have any opinion (objective or otherwise) on two cars you have never driven. You are simply regurgitating other peoples' opinions. There is nothing less "notable" than that.

Your contributions continue to be less than useless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
G6Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 08:14 PM   #88
G6Flyer

Did Y'all See This? Gt350 vs Z/28

Quote:
Most people don't like being talked to straight. It's fairly obvious the shortcomings of the Z28. GM will hopefully address these shortcomings in the 6th Gen. It is crucial to understand why the Z28 struggles to sell even approaching 30% off MSRP because if GM doesn't understand the issues and doesn't fix them this time around, there may never be another Z28. GM could afford to lose money on a couple thousand models the first time around because they got loads of press and accolades, and are now taken seriously by the finest publications in the world. The 6th Gen, however, needs to see a profitable Z28 or you can risk not seeing another Z28 for a very long time. So, if you're a Z28 fan, I suggest grievances be aired so GM understands the problems and corrects them for your own good.

If you want a better Camaro, you better root for a better Mustang. And if you want to keep the Z28, you better tell GM what they messed up so they can fix it. Set your ego aside and be objective.

The Z/28 struggles to sell for the same reason the ZL1, 1LE, SS, etc, continue to struggle - Camaro SIX is hitting dealers soon, if not already. There is precedent for this - it's called every outgoing generation in history.

I haven't heard a single Z/28 owner express any grievances about the car. Unless being too awesome is a grievance.

Further, I, for one, hope they don't make another Z/28 for a long time - it will make our cars all the more desirable.

I think Crushinator is more than generous saying you seem intelligent. I completely disagree...

Last edited by G6Flyer; 11-28-2015 at 08:57 PM.
Old 11-28-2015, 08:20 PM   #89
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by G6Flyer View Post
The Z/28 struggles to sell for the same reason the ZL1, 1LE, SS, etc, continue to struggle - Camaro SIX is hitting dealers soon, if not already. There is precedent for this - it's called every outgoing generation in history.

I haven't heard a single Z/28 express any grievances about the car. Unless being too awesome is a grievance. Further, I, for one, hope they don't make another Z/28 for a long time - it will make our cars all the more desirable.

I think Crushinator is more than generous saying you seem intelligent. I completely disagree...

I would buy the Z/28 again, and again.
Old 11-28-2015, 08:55 PM   #90
Crushinator

Drives: '15 Z/28 #783
Quote:

The problem is, in anyone's opinion that owns a Z/28, GM didn't mess up anything. Why can't you understand that? We own this car for more than one reason. Not because it a great track car. Because to US, it does everything a car should. To hell with what people like you think it should have. This car to me and everyone that owns one, is way more appealing than a ZL1, GT500, SS, whatever. What is so difficult about that for you, and guys like you, to understand? This is why guys like me, say your opinion HERE doesn't mean squat. Your an SS guy. Stick with it. It works for you...but not for us. I for one am glad this car only appeals to a certain group of drivers. People like you will NEVER understand.

Listen, you're not going to convince anyone here that your theories are right and we're all wrong. It ain't gonna happen. So, please, for the love of God, stop trying.
Crushinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 09:04 PM   #91
1leWorksforMe

Drives: 1le
Both the z28 and GT350R are no doubt awesome and whoever buys/owns one surely has a kick ass machine.

My only complaint about the Z (and a minuscule one at that) is why they thought the halogens were worth it for a 2 pound decrease over the much better performing HID's (obviously if one uses it only for track purposes then no biggie unless doing lemans...........hehe). I suppose one could swap them out but I still find it odd that a 75k car doesn't come with HID's.

I think Choco has a point in that while the z28 is a no compromise all business car that can put the smack down on pretty much everything out there, the fact of the matter is the majority of prospective sports car buyers want creature comforts (and for 75k they probably expect it..........................bunch of pansies, lol).
1leWorksforMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 09:13 PM   #92
G6Flyer

Did Y'all See This? Gt350 vs Z/28

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1leWorksforMe View Post
I think Choco has a point in that while the z28 is a no compromise all business car that can put the smack down on pretty much everything out there, the fact of the matter is the majority of prospective sports car buyers want creature comforts (and for 75k they probably expect it..........................bunch of pansies, lol).

If a prospective buyer wants creature comforts they need to be looking at something other than a Camaro. I had a 2015 1LE that was supposed to have all the creature comforts and, let's face it, it was not that good. The ZL1 doesn't have anything extra inside to write home about either.

If you want technology, you should step up to a Corvette. It only has two seats you say? So does the GT350R...

Old 11-28-2015, 09:18 PM   #93
Viper Guy

Drives: 2014 z/28 #329
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasZL1 View Post
Yes I did.

VIDEO: The video how ever has a ton of editing. If you notice when watching the GT350r its raining out side and the wipers are on, but when the video goes out side the Mustang its not raining its then sunny. The 1/4 mile z/28 is not adding up as well considering stock z/28's are running more than 116 mph in the 1/4 mile.

I owned a 2014 z/28. My observations were the following.
Cons:
Interior plastic every where.

Brake burnishing per factory is WRONG. Hence I did it wrong, and never got the bite most drivers on line talk about.

Heads for the LS7 are still failing, GM never fixed, class action suit still going on.

Over heats on track. Parts to fix are well needed up grades like an up graded power steering cooler, Ron Davis Radiator and oil cooler.

Blind spots

Seats sit to low in the a55 area.

Stereo sucks

No music from blue tooth with app on phone Pandora or Spotify

Pro's:

Shifting: is like butter, love the trans and shifter!!

Handling: is like nothing I have ever driven, sticks like glue and easy to drive fast.

Parts: Aftermarket parts available and on the shelf from headers to heads and great ideas here on the forum that work

LS7 Motor: Yes I know about the heads, but the fix is easy with WCC heads and your done. Its one hell of a motor once the heads are done

Body style - I always wanted a 1969 like every one. So this is old school but modern.

Price New - On ebay new for $54,000

In closing, the z/28 is a steel and with some time and mods for about $8.500 dollars give or take it has proven to be some thing to be reckoned with on the track and in the canyons.

On to the Mustang GT350r

So for months my race friends have been sending content, video's, articles and so on. Hell I even went to the LA Auto show to check out the GT350r this past Friday November 27, 2015. The interior is a vary attractive part of the GT350r over the z/28. I really liked the interior. The body was just like any other Mustang of that year, and the wheels; all though carbon fiber just don't do much for the GT350r as far as looks. I like the wheels on the z/28.

I have never driven a GT350r so I can't comment on how it drives.

BUT what is the pint, we cant even drive one. The ford dealer is marking up the GT350r $60,000 over sticker. I know this because I talked with the sales maneger at Galpin Ford in LA, CA. They we alocated 7 GT350r's and all sold for $60,000 over sticker. So in the end all this hype, content, videos, and tones of web based info to drive up views and YOU CANT EVEN BUY ONE because every one of them is spoken for ??????????????????????? Really?????????????????????????

What the hell is the point? Well it's simple. here is your choices.

Camaro z/28 for $54,000 new, add heads, cam, AR headers, tune, Ron Davis radiator, power steering cooler, oil cooler, and abad ass alignment for less than $8500

Or

Mustang GT350r for $66,300 plus dealer mark up of $60,000 for a grand total not including tax for a whopping $126,300.00

Zero supporting mods from shops, an all new motor and zero feed back on reliability. Will the GT350r over heat on the track like the C7 z06? We dont know yet because we have zero quantifiable data.

My choice is a z/28 all day long, and I can deal with the mods that need to be done and the con's I listed.

If the GT350r was MSRP, well I would buy one just to see if I would fall in love, and if I did I would keep it and enjoy. But the reality is misleading with the media and price and for $126,300.00 you can keep it

Sorry for some spelling.

Chris -
2014 Camaro z/28 #329
2013 Nissan GTR SIR Stage 1.5
2001 Corvette Vert 6spd
1999 Hugger Orange z/28 1xxxhp
Viper Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 09:31 PM   #94
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
You fail to understand that you'll never beat choco at the typing game. This is what he does going back to the ls1tech days.

You'll win by ignoring him.
Old 11-28-2015, 09:40 PM   #95
Crushinator

Drives: '15 Z/28 #783
Good point, and I know better.
Crushinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 10:21 PM   #96
Zslash28
Jumanji

Drives: '14 Z/28 - AGM - No A/C
Obviously whoever pays DOUBLE msrp for a GT350R wont be tracking their garage trophy. Tells me that Ford underpriced their halo Mustang and missed out on $$$.

I thought we had info on the GT350R track capabilities. Continential tire series. If I remember correctly, they had issues throughout the last part of the season. The Z/28s were strong all season.
Zslash28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 10:38 PM   #97
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper Guy View Post
Yes I did.

VIDEO: The video how ever has a ton of editing. If you notice when watching the GT350r its raining out side and the wipers are on, but when the video goes out side the Mustang its not raining its then sunny. The 1/4 mile z/28 is not adding up as well considering stock z/28's are running more than 116 mph in the 1/4 mile.

I owned a 2014 z/28. My observations were the following.
Cons:
Interior plastic every where.

Brake burnishing per factory is WRONG. Hence I did it wrong, and never got the bite most drivers on line talk about.

Heads for the LS7 are still failing, GM never fixed, class action suit still going on.

Over heats on track. Parts to fix are well needed up grades like an up graded power steering cooler, Ron Davis Radiator and oil cooler.

Blind spots

Seats sit to low in the a55 area.

Stereo sucks

No music from blue tooth with app on phone Pandora or Spotify

Pro's:

Shifting: is like butter, love the trans and shifter!!

Handling: is like nothing I have ever driven, sticks like glue and easy to drive fast.

Parts: Aftermarket parts available and on the shelf from headers to heads and great ideas here on the forum that work

LS7 Motor: Yes I know about the heads, but the fix is easy with WCC heads and your done. Its one hell of a motor once the heads are done

Body style - I always wanted a 1969 like every one. So this is old school but modern.

Price New - On ebay new for $54,000

In closing, the z/28 is a steel and with some time and mods for about $8.500 dollars give or take it has proven to be some thing to be reckoned with on the track and in the canyons.

On to the Mustang GT350r

So for months my race friends have been sending content, video's, articles and so on. Hell I even went to the LA Auto show to check out the GT350r this past Friday November 27, 2015. The interior is a vary attractive part of the GT350r over the z/28. I really liked the interior. The body was just like any other Mustang of that year, and the wheels; all though carbon fiber just don't do much for the GT350r as far as looks. I like the wheels on the z/28.

I have never driven a GT350r so I can't comment on how it drives.

BUT what is the pint, we cant even drive one. The ford dealer is marking up the GT350r $60,000 over sticker. I know this because I talked with the sales maneger at Galpin Ford in LA, CA. They we alocated 7 GT350r's and all sold for $60,000 over sticker. So in the end all this hype, content, videos, and tones of web based info to drive up views and YOU CANT EVEN BUY ONE because every one of them is spoken for ??????????????????????? Really?????????????????????????

What the hell is the point? Well it's simple. here is your choices.

Camaro z/28 for $54,000 new, add heads, cam, AR headers, tune, Ron Davis radiator, power steering cooler, oil cooler, and abad ass alignment for less than $8500

Or

Mustang GT350r for $66,300 plus dealer mark up of $60,000 for a grand total not including tax for a whopping $126,300.00

Zero supporting mods from shops, an all new motor and zero feed back on reliability. Will the GT350r over heat on the track like the C7 z06? We dont know yet because we have zero quantifiable data.

My choice is a z/28 all day long, and I can deal with the mods that need to be done and the con's I listed.

If the GT350r was MSRP, well I would buy one just to see if I would fall in love, and if I did I would keep it and enjoy. But the reality is misleading with the media and price and for $126,300.00 you can keep it

Sorry for some spelling.

Chris -
Well said.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 10:43 PM   #98
1leWorksforMe

Drives: 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by G6Flyer View Post
If a prospective buyer wants creature comforts they need to be looking at something other than a Camaro. I had a 2015 1LE that was supposed to have all the creature comforts and, let's face it, it was not that good. The ZL1 doesn't have anything extra inside to write home about either.

If you want technology, you should step up to a Corvette. It only has two seats you say? So does the GT350R...

Some people want back seats though (hence no vette and I'm sure the gt350 with backseats will sell more) and while the 1le is not loaded to the gills with comfort, it has acceptable amounts of features that people look for these days. Not a big deal obviously but that probably played a small part in why some of the z's didn't sell as intended.

Either way, the mustang/camaro wars are awesome because that means we'll be getting the best of the best for years to come. It's a good day to be an enthusiast and you z28 owners (hell, even us lowly 1le owners, lol) have one hell of a car.

1leWorksforMe is offline   Reply With Quote