Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 07-21-2014, 05:55 PM   #1
bowtiesonly

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2ss
How much nitrous on current tune??

Hey guys I've got a 93 dyno tune done and I've been really interested In nitrous. I'm wondering how much of a shot I could safely run on my current tune until I can get a new nitrous tune done. 50? 75? I'm looking into the nytrex kit with the multiple shot sizes. Thanks a lot for any info.
2012 2ss , long tube headers , summit x pipe ,borla mufflers, vararam intake, vmax ported throttle body rdp motorsports dynosteve tuned, BMR trailing arms and bushings elite engineering catch can. [Ifirst camaro ]2012 LT LFX, nytrex wet system ,GPI dyno tune, Injen longtube intake, Dynomax axle back exhaust, Vmax ported throttle body, elite engineering catch can.
bowtiesonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 08:39 PM   #2
bowtiesonly

40 views And no replies. Thanks camaro 5
2012 2ss , long tube headers , summit x pipe ,borla mufflers, vararam intake, vmax ported throttle body rdp motorsports dynosteve tuned, BMR trailing arms and bushings elite engineering catch can. [Ifirst camaro ]2012 LT LFX, nytrex wet system ,GPI dyno tune, Injen longtube intake, Dynomax axle back exhaust, Vmax ported throttle body, elite engineering catch can.
Old 07-21-2014, 08:54 PM   #3
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Well, you really shouldn't ever run nitrous without a proper tune, and chances are that isn't what you want to hear so no one wants to tell you that.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 11:40 PM   #4
FrankieBee

Drives: 2015 Commemorative Edition
I have run a 50, 100 & 140 shot on a NyTrex sysem with a Trifecta Nitrous tune. I did run a 50 shot without the tune in the beginning. Have you spoken with the guys at NyTrex?
FrankieBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 03:34 PM   #5
bowtiesonly

Oh ok guys thanks. I haven't talked with them just trying to learn as much as I can so I know what I'm getting into. I knew my tune was a little rich now anyhow and Thot a smaller shot like a 50 would probably be fine especially if stock tunes are running even higher shots.
Old 07-22-2014, 03:43 PM   #6
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
I see GPI is your tuner? I would ask them what they think if you haven't already.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 04:04 PM   #7
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtiesonly View Post
Oh ok guys thanks. I haven't talked with them just trying to learn as much as I can so I know what I'm getting into. I knew my tune was a little rich now anyhow and Thot a smaller shot like a 50 would probably be fine especially if stock tunes are running even higher shots.
It is not just the fuel you need to worry about, you should also pull some timing. Nitrous is a very quick hit of oxygen and the computer probably can't react fast enough. Can you run a small shot without a tune...yes. Should you run any nitrous without a tune...NO. Get Ryan to do a nitrous tune for you and you will be fine.
Old 07-22-2014, 06:17 PM   #8
BlueN20Camaro
Banned

Drives: 1LE LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
It is not just the fuel you need to worry about, you should also pull some timing. Nitrous is a very quick hit of oxygen and the computer probably can't react fast enough. Can you run a small shot without a tune...yes. Should you run any nitrous without a tune...NO. Get Ryan to do a nitrous tune for you and you will be fine.
Wise words I'd pay attention to that ^ Currently Ny-trex is a great kit,but still lacks some key safety features you'd need (Window switch,bottle heater) for consistent and safe runs. Overall you should get a tune,colder plugs,window switch and enjoy it up to 100 shot but be warned while nitrous is a great power adder,But a good and reliable tune is a must. As a fellow Camaro driver I advise to run only with a tune.

Last edited by BlueN20Camaro; 07-22-2014 at 06:28 PM.
BlueN20Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote