Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-07-2017, 07:58 PM   #113
Summit1le1ss

Drives: 2017 1ss1le
Your correct we need a pinout. One thing to keep in mind is that not all pins will be in the same place for like features across all models. 12v+ may not be pin 1, for example in LTs as it may be in SS models. You also need to remember the seat control module located under the seat. It controls movement, heat, vent and memory, where equipment. Its probably pinned with +/- in there also, then pinned out to the network to the doors. I ran into this a lot while doing this before. Each level ( Base vs premium mustang) meant the same system was pinned different.
Each pin may not represent + or - alone or at all. There is also CANH, CANL and both of those with +/-. This is a CANBUS network. This network is apart of the BCM as well as chassis and diagnostics and possibly others. Pinout will answer most of that. Running 12v and ground will not work.
Coggin Chevy said they didn't have a pinout available yet.i didn't try anyone else. I will through.
Summit1le1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 10:08 PM   #114
thescreensavers

Drives: SW 1SS 1LE / Jeep XJ
Well this is interesting....

I was watching the V6 1LE C&D Lightning lap and

and sure as heck even the review shows that the V6 1LE tested had the heated and cooled seats! Seems like all the v6 1LEs in the test videos have the cooled and heated seats.

http://www.caranddriver.com/photo-ga...iew-gallery#21

Im guessing its a 2LT 1LE? Hmmmm So only 1LT and 1SS 1LEs lack seat cooling heating since the zl1 has it
thescreensavers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 10:26 PM   #115
Iroc_Z28

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Correct. 2LT 1LE gets the heated/cooled seats. 1LS and 1SS 1LE get standard Recaro
Iroc_Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 09:15 AM   #116
bub

Drives: '17 1SS 1LE & '15 Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroc_Z28 View Post
Correct. 2LT 1LE gets the heated/cooled seats. 1LS and 1SS 1LE get standard Recaro
Actually from what we have learned in this thread, all 1LE's get the same heated and cooled Recaro seats, just the 2LT hooks them up!
bub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 09:18 AM   #117
bub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summit1le1ss View Post
Your correct we need a pinout. One thing to keep in mind is that not all pins will be in the same place for like features across all models. 12v+ may not be pin 1, for example in LTs as it may be in SS models. You also need to remember the seat control module located under the seat. It controls movement, heat, vent and memory, where equipment. Its probably pinned with +/- in there also, then pinned out to the network to the doors. I ran into this a lot while doing this before. Each level ( Base vs premium mustang) meant the same system was pinned different.
Each pin may not represent + or - alone or at all. There is also CANH, CANL and both of those with +/-. This is a CANBUS network. This network is apart of the BCM as well as chassis and diagnostics and possibly others. Pinout will answer most of that. Running 12v and ground will not work.
Coggin Chevy said they didn't have a pinout available yet.i didn't try anyone else. I will through.
Comparing the chassis passenger side pins one by one from the side by side pic that FIFTY posted above, all the pins on the 2SS are on the 1LE, but not the other way around (i.e. not all the pins on the 2SS are on the 1LE), so hopefully the locations are "standardized" across the Camaro line after all.

Would seem to make allot more sense to do it that way to the harness manufacturer...only Ford on a Rustang would mix them up for everything. The pin out diagrams would go on for pages and pages.

I have some learning to do on the CAN tho.

Bottom line, agreed, it will most probably be allot more complicated than just 12V + and ground for both the fan and seat heater (unless we just swap out to a 2 wire fan of the same size as noted above - giving us the single hi speed fan ventilation - for hot summer days and track days and the like at least).

Here's that matching frame 2 wire fan again (hopefully "direct replacement" as dimensions appear same for blower case and outlet duct): https://www.digikey.com/product-deta...177-ND/1993169

If we did go this route we'd want it on a switched 12V lead tho, as I can see a senaraio where you could drain the battery leaving the fan on as the seat is powered all the time if we just tapped the 6 way power leads. Probably best to run a dedicated fused pair all the way from the fuse box on something switched but benign (not subject to RF intereference), like maybe the 12V accessory plug (cigarette lighter?).

My SWAG at the pinout below (will be interesting to see how close if at all we are after we get an actual GM pin out diagram).

Last edited by bub; 04-08-2017 at 09:47 AM.
Old 04-08-2017, 09:46 AM   #118
Summit1le1ss

the main reason manufactures don't standardize pins is due to if the option is not installed the harness is probably different and therefore may need to pick up a different signal from a different location. With a diagram it is pretty easy to track down. There are plenty of PWM control boards out there you can use or even build. The simplest solution is to use the GM seat module, but once again need a diagram and pin out. It's just a waiting game til GM makes available.
Old 04-08-2017, 09:56 AM   #119
bub

Yep.

Meanwhile, for a $15 blower, might just hook up the aftermarket 2 wire vent blower for the summer (driver's seat only) and drop the other original 3 speed back in once we get this all figured out with the module. Draw is < 1A per the data sheet so lead wires would be small.

Are we all pretty convinced that there is just the single blower in the Recaros? I got under ours again last night and it looks like the outlet duct feeds both the back and the seat bottom....
Old 04-08-2017, 10:50 AM   #120
thescreensavers

Drives: SW 1SS 1LE / Jeep XJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1FTY View Post
Visual comparison right next to each other for an easier visual between passenger connectors 1LE to 2SS:
1LE

2SS
Here is the Connector side of the same 1LE Passenger Seat I took above

Looks like the connectors/pins from the 2ss are there

I wonder if the harness has the wires but not pinned for it? Hmmm

Edit looked easy to get into the connector here it is

Last edited by thescreensavers; 04-08-2017 at 11:13 AM.
thescreensavers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 11:17 AM   #121
F1FTY

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by thescreensavers View Post
Here is the Connector side of the same 1LE Passenger Seat I took above

Looks like the connectors/pins from the 2ss are there

I wonder if the harness has the wires but not pinned for it? Hmmm

Edit looked easy to get into the connector here it is

Can you get a picture of the driver side seat connector too? I'm thinking we may have it figured out...
F1FTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 11:34 AM   #122
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by bub View Post
Yep.

Meanwhile, for a $15 blower, might just hook up the aftermarket 2 wire vent blower for the summer (driver's seat only) and drop the other original 3 speed back in once we get this all figured out with the module. Draw is < 1A per the data sheet so lead wires would be small.

Are we all pretty convinced that there is just the single blower in the Recaros? I got under ours again last night and it looks like the outlet duct feeds both the back and the seat bottom....
There is one fan for the seat cushion and one in the seatback.
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 02:42 PM   #123
Summit1le1ss

Check it out.
http://www.recaro-automotive.com/us/...-1le-2017.html

Makes me wonder. I contacted both Recaro and GM about our situation.
Attached Images

Old 04-08-2017, 08:35 PM   #124
aa406079

Drives: New : 2017 SS 1LE Old: 2012 TTRS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjk3888 View Post
I think its pretty safe to say if they didn't bother to remove the fans then they certainly didn't bother to use 2 different types of foams. These are the exact seats that come in a 2LT 1LE. I would bet a paycheck that all the stuff is there we just have to figure out how to wire them.

WOW GUYS AMAZING WORK! I've been away busy at work and haven't had much time to do anything but.... this is a great development!

I really believed that it was cheaper for GM to just make one seat instead of producing a separate version for the 1SS 1LE ... when the V6 1LE has heating/cooling and the ZL1 seats appeared identical besides some red piping ....

Bravo Gentlemen!!!!!

I'm getting my laser jammer guy to.look into this... as well as swapping to a heated Zl1 wheel using the 2 SS STEERING wiring harness.... that's all happening around April 22nd... go busy till then...

I got one would be perfectly happy with a couple switches on the side if the seat ... who cares where the button is?! The important thing is that we're close to making these work!
aa406079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 08:44 AM   #125
bub

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyUMad1LE View Post
There is one fan for the seat cushion and one in the seatback.
Agreed - for a 2SS vented seat by GM (Lear?). Is the Recaro the same set up?
Old 04-09-2017, 10:00 AM   #126
Summit1le1ss

Any v61le owners here? Your seats should work.

So my fan controller worked, on one speed (low). Amps were different, which I knew. Time to make a CB with the correct currents.
So it looks like this.. 12v going to CB and to fan. Wire pw (3 sep wires with diff volts/amps) into switch, then switch to fan. I order 2009 Acura TL Sh awd switch, has both heat and fan control. 12v +/- and pins for lo/med/hi heat and fan all for $17. 35650-TK4-A01 part #.
Until I get a real diagram this is what I'll do. Once I get the CB built I will post a how to or offer to those that want.
Edit: the only thing to consider is blade stop. If the fan stops it sends a signal and tells the car to stop sending power to not cause any issues. A think a PWM speed sensor and cutoff should do the same thing. I'll draw out the CB later today.
Anyone here better with this than I am? Please chime in. I'm a Novice at best.

Last edited by Summit1le1ss; 04-09-2017 at 10:14 AM.