The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 03-14-2020, 10:56 PM   #141
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
It's amazing how many times I've heard it said regarding Covid-19, from the CDC, the WHO, the Govt, and experts on disease control,

Cover your face when you cough or sneeze.
Sanitize things that are frequently touched by many people often as possible.
Stay out of areas where many people congregate that have poor ventilation.
If your sick, stay home.
Don't touch your face when your out in public without first washing your hands, or using hand sanitizer.

This is the same thing they told the people in Wuhan, China, to do. 5 simple things, but people wouldn't, so the govt. there forced all of them to stay in their homes, and the new cases kept dropping every week, and now instead of thousands of cases per day, they are down to teens per day.

I don't know anyone in my community that has this yet, but I observe people breaking these common sense things that avoid spread of Covid-19 every day, all day long.

I'm healthy, so I'm not worried about dying if I get it at some point. What I'm more concerned about is if I do get it, that I don't spread it to anyone else.

Many people are more concerned with buying everything up at the grocery stores, blaming everything on the govt, and some acting ridiculous in general, versus what they can do to help prevent spread of this.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 11:15 PM   #142
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M 2012 2SS View Post
I'm healthy, so I'm not worried about dying if I get it at some point. What I'm more concerned about is if I do get it, that I don't spread it to anyone else.
Yeah same here. My GF has been in the hospital 7 times in the last 4 years for major health issues. She has diabetes, Celiac disease, is in remission from leukemia and got down to 73 lbs a couple years ago. My 74 year old mom moved in with us last year, so I naturally worry about her too. I feel I am in good enough health to survive fine if I was to contract it, but I worry about passing it on to my family.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 11:22 PM   #143
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
Yeah same here. My GF has been in the hospital 7 times in the last 4 years for major health issues. She has diabetes, Celiac disease, is in remission from leukemia and got down to 73 lbs a couple years ago. My 74 year old mom moved in with us last year, so I naturally worry about her too. I feel I am in good enough health to survive fine if I was to contract it, but I worry about passing it on to my family.
Hope your gf can keep the leukemia away. Mom is in remission as well after 5 years and many, many complications and a questionable quality of life for the remainder of her life to come. I pray for and pity anyone who has to deal with this type of illness. Cancer in general is terrible deal.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 12:41 AM   #144
StingrayblueSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
MainStream Media
Gotcha I googled if and came up with a joint supplement.
12.391 112 MPH 10/05/19
StingrayblueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 06:30 AM   #145
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M 2012 2SS View Post
It's amazing how many times I've heard it said regarding Covid-19, from the CDC, the WHO, the Govt, and experts on disease control,

Cover your face when you cough or sneeze.
Sanitize things that are frequently touched by many people often as possible.
Stay out of areas where many people congregate that have poor ventilation.
If your sick, stay home.
Don't touch your face when your out in public without first washing your hands, or using hand sanitizer.

This is the same thing they told the people in Wuhan, China, to do. 5 simple things, but people wouldn't, so the govt. there forced all of them to stay in their homes, and the new cases kept dropping every week, and now instead of thousands of cases per day, they are down to teens per day.

I don't know anyone in my community that has this yet, but I observe people breaking these common sense things that avoid spread of Covid-19 every day, all day long.

Many people are more concerned with buying everything up at the grocery stores, blaming everything on the govt, and some acting ridiculous in general, versus what they can do to help prevent spread of this.
+1
Excellent write up! Print this out and nail it up around town.
As with anything that needs a little thought, common sense is your best bet.
Old 03-15-2020, 07:18 AM   #146
Level300

Drives: 2015 Black rs/ss/1le
This is a pretty good article that shows how viruses spread using simulations. It shows the effects of the different countermeasures taken against the virus. Now if we can only find a way to make people heed the warnings, these types of things would become non-events.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...ona-simulator/
Level300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 08:17 AM   #147
CamaroJim56
Obsessed

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS RS
Correct, the word hoax was never used, but the implication is as plain as day to anyone with an IQ over 10.

I hope and pray that this thing IS being blown out of proportion, cause the reality of it is scary as hell. Some of us need to be concerned, how many of us on these boards are over 60? Have diabetes? Underlying conditions? Bad or damaged lungs?

Do you realize that 10% of the population has diabetes? (approx 34 million)

Population over 60 is approx. 68 million.

"underlying conditions" who the hell knows.

I guarantee you, everyone on this board could easily lose someone. So I hope the ones of you appearing to be idiots smarten up, and at least try to make sure that you take precautions to not get or spread this, even if you think you are not capable of getting sick from it. You families lives may depend on it.

Stay well, stay safe, to all of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
Never in that post was the work hoax used. The msm is most certainly blowing this shit out of proportion. 80%+ of cases show 0 to moderate symptoms and recover only those with a lot of years under their belt or those with pre existing underlying conditions such as diabetes or immune deficiencies seem to really be badly effected. But yet here we are in straight up zombie apocalypse mode.

2016 Hyper Blue 2SS

Last edited by CamaroJim56; 03-15-2020 at 09:36 AM.
CamaroJim56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 08:56 AM   #148
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Unscientific Poll: Lots of folks here. Do you know anyone - FIRSTHAND - who tested positive and has/had Covid-19? (no heard it from a friend of a friend’s second cousin, twice removed)
Old 03-15-2020, 09:04 AM   #149
Gstick

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heliogordy View Post
Stating facts = bashing...I'm in

Trump address.."time to stop partisan politics and come together"...next morning while tweeting on the toilet..."Sleepy Joe Biden" comments....maybe he can take a Sharpie and draw us a map showing us how the virus is disappearing.

Absolute failure.

Didn't vote for Hillary...didn't vote for the lying Cheeto...won't vote for "Sleepy Joe" either....there are no Lee Hamilton's or Richard Luger's left anymore...they were Public Servants who oftentimes defied PARTY because they were interested in doing what was overall best for the country.
Reagan, Truman, Lincoln are rolling over in their graves seeing this clown car drive over the cliff.

If you're a person who labels everyone from one party as the devil, but YOUR party is chaste and pure with all of the answers, you're part of the problem.
NEWSFLASH !!!!!! All politicians lie !!! Every single one of them.
Gstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 09:34 AM   #150
Heliogordy

Drives: 2010 2LT Aqua Blue/Silver Ice Rally
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gstick View Post
NEWSFLASH !!!!!! All politicians lie !!! Every single one of them.
Most all baseball hitters hit home runs at some point...every single one of them...

Babe Ruth.....Mario Mendoza
Heliogordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 09:47 AM   #151
Moto-Mojo

Illinois mayor signs order to ban gun and alcohol sales. “Take possession of private property.” Ask yourself just what this virus is all about.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ng-coronavirus
Old 03-15-2020, 10:20 AM   #152
Heliogordy

Drives: 2010 2LT Aqua Blue/Silver Ice Rally
https://www.chicagotribune.com/coron...v6q-story.html

“This statement is in response to several false claims circulating online,” the statement states. “To be clear, there is currently no firearm ban and no intent to seize property or close businesses. Additionally, there are no restrictions on the sale of alcohol or gas or the ability to enter or leave Champaign.
Heliogordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 12:12 PM   #153
Moto-Mojo

Your article said the powers did exist in the city measure. But you know what is more than likely the biggest false claim being circulated online and on television? The Covid-19 Pandemic!
Old 03-15-2020, 12:34 PM   #154
Rusty35

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Something no one is talking about.
What happens when this virus mutates to computers?
Will Mcaffee and Norton be able to develop antivirus for it faster than WHO?
Will Mcaffee or Norton develop a email scanner for it, and if so will it be able to scan humans also?

How long will it be before you can get Coronavirus from Email?
Rusty35 is offline   Reply With Quote