Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-01-2015, 09:54 AM   #15
Tmick5jr
Todd

Drives: 2012 Camaro
who cares if you get a cai, rotofab, or a k and n. They all do the same damn thing and make the same number give or take 1hp
Tmick5jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 11:50 AM   #16
pinoyscorpion951

Drives: 2016 Bright Yellow 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
I wonder if the maf adapters from the k&n p/n 63-3078 will fit? If you look at the instructions that intake will work with both LLT and LFX maf sensors. Mounting for the adapters appears to be similar judging from the pictures.

Since it seems to be a problem for you to send it back, it may be worth contacting k&n and asking them.
Jason, it looks like the adapter housings are different shapes and the bolt pattern is different. See pic below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
FYI.........that testing was for the V8 not the V6......

Here is the testing that was done for the V6.
Thank you rtcat600man. I stand corrected. Still looks pretty solid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmick5jr View Post
who cares if you get a cai, rotofab, or a k and n. They all do the same damn thing and make the same number give or take 1hp
Why? Because performance benefits or lack thereof aside, many people are concerned about fit and finish, looks and product support. CAI, and Rotofab are forum sponsors and have a very strong presence in these forums. I love the fact that they post threads like the "Everything you need to know about the CAI cold air intake." I love the fact that I can PM them if I ever have any issues and love the fact that they respond very quickly. OP, sorry to get off topic, but I would take the suggestion that others mention above. I had a K&N typhoon intake that was "donated" to me by a friend after he de-modded his vehicle. I sold it after I got my CAI. It took me 1 day to sell it. Sell it and get the one that you want.
Attached Images

pinoyscorpion951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 12:35 PM   #17
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoyscorpion951 View Post
Jason, it looks like the adapter housings are different shapes and the bolt pattern is different. See pic below.

Why? Because performance benefits or lack thereof aside, many people are concerned about fit and finish, looks and product support. CAI, and Rotofab are forum sponsors and have a very strong presence in these forums. I love the fact that they post threads like the "Everything you need to know about the CAI cold air intake." I love the fact that I can PM them if I ever have any issues and love the fact that they respond very quickly. OP, sorry to get off topic, but I would take the suggestion that others mention above. I had a K&N typhoon intake that was "donated" to me by a friend after he de-modded his vehicle. I sold it after I got my CAI. It took me 1 day to sell it. Sell it and get the one that you want.

Well said.

Yes the housings are different and one cannot simply make the other one work. There is more into the working of the MAF system than just the housing too.

As for CAI, they are a GREAT local company here in Michigan.

If I was to do it over again, I would be purchasing that set-up.

I went after the Injen at the time as it provided the best HP avg. increase, and I liked the idea of it grabbing the air from down below too.
Old 02-01-2015, 01:55 PM   #18
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
MAF sensor plz help

Quote:

You're not picking up what I'm laying down. Look at the k&n install instructions.

The 63-3078 has adapter plates for both mafs, and the llt maf adapter looks the same as the one for the 63-3075. I imagine the OP can contact k&n to find out and get the lfx maf adapter if it will work.

Trying to make the best of his situation, not tell him where he should have spent his money as he makes it sound like it's a problem to sell or return the k&n. It's pretty obvious he's in another country, and either option may be difficult for him, where as getting a part that may make what he has work may be easier.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 03:01 PM   #19
pinoyscorpion951

Quote:
You're not picking up what I'm laying down. Look at the k&n install instructions.

The 63-3078 has adapter plates for both mafs, and the llt maf adapter looks the same as the one for the 63-3075. I imagine the OP can contact k&n to find out and get the lfx maf adapter if it will work.

Trying to make the best of his situation, not tell him where he should have spent his money as he makes it sound like it's a problem to sell or return the k&n. It's pretty obvious he's in another country, and either option may be difficult for him, where as getting a part that may make what he has work may be easier.

Ok, yes I didn't see that he had the Aircharger series instead of the Typhoon. In that case, that option looks like it will work and be the most cost effective. I concur.
Old 02-01-2015, 11:45 PM   #20
OMEN

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:

yes yes this what im looking for i didnt know it in english.
the pic in the right is mine for the 2012 lfx and the k&n my friend buy for me was the left 1

tnx tnx for this
OMEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 11:49 PM   #21
OMEN

Quote:

well thank you
yes im from Middle east it hard to get these part
im trying to sell it to my friend he has 2011 v6, otherwise i have to through it away and buy another1 :(
i hope he will take it

thank you guys u helped me a lot
Old 02-02-2015, 12:19 AM   #22
pinoyscorpion951

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEN View Post
yes yes this what im looking for i didnt know it in english.
the pic in the right is mine for the 2012 lfx and the k&n my friend buy for me was the left 1

tnx tnx for this
Your welcome and good luck, I hope it works out for you! What part of Oman are you from? Muscat?
Old 02-02-2015, 02:45 AM   #23
OMEN

Quote:
Your welcome and good luck, I hope it works out for you! What part of Oman are you from? Muscat?
yes Muscat its near Dubai
how you know it?????
Old 02-10-2015, 12:34 AM   #24
OMEN

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay im so happy i sold it to my friend ...yeah i lost like little bit but its ok
now im thinking to buy another 1 but for 2012
Old 02-14-2015, 09:22 PM   #25
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
All dyno pulls done WITH THE HOOD DOWN to simulate real world driving conditions.

There's no fan outside of a wind tunnel that will simulate REAL WORLD CONDITIONS. So even mentioning that was kinda pointless. Anyone with even the very minimal basic knowledge of air flow knows that air pressure...even without a scoop...will be forced into the intake area at high speeds. A snail blower or 4 foot tall fan will not recreate the same air speeds.

so whether its hood up or hood down...unless you have a fan that can simulate 0-40-155mph worth of wind speed...then it doesnt really matter if the hood is up or down.

And yes most v6s are pulling around 130-155mph when in the dyno.

When all is said and done and you look past typical forum BS, and thermal imaging ( when the car is stationary..) lookin thru time slips..real world achievements... some roto fab cars are faster than cai equipped cars...and some cai cars are faster than rotofabs..

An intake isnt gonna be the end all be all in mods. 2-3 hp difference in most intakes is acceptable and normal. If you see someone posting that an intake has double the power of this intake or that one...question the motive and realize dyno results can be manipulated.

If thats hard to believe and youll take anything a company has to shovel ya... i have some ocean front property in colorado for sale as well...

Pick what you prefer to see under your hood, and run with it. Wvery forum has 5 million intake posts and 10 million links to dynos where each intake has out oerformed the other on numerous occasions. If youve seen this and im sure anyone here has... you dont need a bag of hammers to nail the answer, just use common sense.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 10:18 PM   #26
MLAZ1990

Drives: 2012 black camaro 2LS
Like everyone said, just return it!
SLP Loud Mouth 1 Exhaust, K&N CAI, RS Headlights, NightOwl V2 halo kit, ZL1 Grille, Custom 2LS Emblems, Green Footwells, GM GFX splitter, Ace Alloy Convex All Matte Black Wheels(20x9 & 20x10.5) wrapped in Toyo Proxe STII(255/45/20 & 295/40/20)
MLAZ1990 is offline   Reply With Quote