Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 12-15-2013, 06:25 AM   #85
wayne watson

Drives: 2014 camaro ss ,1967 chevelle ss,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
Fuel sloshing is not exactly a desirable feature even if you can't hear it.

One implication is that baffling inside the tank is inadequate or has been damaged. At 3/4 tank, you don't have to worry about the fuel pump momentarily sucking air, but at very low fuel levels it might (and I'll guarantee that the resulting engine stumble WILL get your attention).

If you're cornering hard enough and abruptly enough, fuel slosh could upset the car a little. Most folks aren't ever going to be driving that hard, but it is something to think about.

Norm
I took a hard right turn with 3/4 tank and almost flipped over
Ha
wayne watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 06:30 AM   #86
wayne watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by surf0766 View Post
Our camaro is going back in for the last time. The dash board is bubbling, the gas tank is a problem and needs to be fixed. The heater / air fan makes a noise like one of the plastic weights has fallen off. The car lunged through 2 stops but first there was a loud bang from the rear. No no one hit us. And that little shutter that was still there after the torque converter was replaced is still there an getting much worse. We were told that shutter after the torquer converter replacement was a solenoid gapthat would be fixed after a software upgrade. It has not been fixed.I was a life time Chevy person along with my family. We are no longer Chevy people.For those who bashed me for spelling and thinking I was a troll.. think again.
We have a good bit of trouble with shutter in automatics at work also
I conclude that nobody can build a auto trans anymore using cheap parts from who knows where. When we replace a converter neither it or the box has a name or number on it
Old 12-15-2013, 07:03 AM   #87
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
That would be a stutter as in hesitation, anybody need cheese with that? Oh my god the dash board burst into flames, the sound of the ocean from the gas tank....there is a reason this thread died long ago let it once more pass to the land of the lost.......... where fan plastic counterweights fly off tearing jugulars and causing instant death to those taking pictures with out using a shutter............. And his solution? buy a ford with the exact same transmission........? Loud bang trunk monkey trying to get out? Hey I look at like this they got a replacement torque converter which was replaced why? some kind of electronic lock up? or a miracle happened to make a torque converter go bad fast....... Anyone beside me ever put in their own torque converters.... transmissions? engines? cams? intakes? exhaust? Sound to me as something has come loose causing a back fire in the exhaust for this person who knows how long ago...as it is from july 2013............. this thread was about a sloshing sound, and that was never really a issue pushing 500 h.p. off my cammed engines as the sound of the lope of the cam was so sweet and the exhaust so loud the slosh was hardly ever heard...... sound like someone needs louder exhaust is right.....the other two complained about warranty issues of a bubbling dash.....look out she is gonna blow.......and a fan chopping off peoples fingers are both rare examples of complaints that have came on here....that's why people would think a troll was posting as it just says 2012 Camaro....no pride as in v-6 v-8 ls lt ss zl1...just 2012 with no pic . I am sure the "life time" chevy person is on another "lifetime" site somewhere right now..... MY corolla is making a squeeking sound when I turn right, and the rice falls out the trunk accidentally when I hit the trunk release on the horn, the seats are tearing and it let out a real long catalytic fart for miles then we had to stop and throw up....... I have only to conclude the loud bang was the trunk monkey tired of the whine............... And automatics do have things called trans stops to allow things like oh preloading of the converter for take off....... Wonders if they had AFM? oh the horrors............
Old 12-15-2013, 07:07 AM   #88
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Ray View Post
I have a 2013 1LT and have the same problem. I stop slowly and still hear the sloshing sound. My next trip into town I will check with the dealership on it. Very bothersome. Never heard this in all my previous cars.
Don't bother. As other have said it's normal and you'll be wasting a trip to the dealer.
Old 12-15-2013, 07:33 AM   #89
264HSV

Drives: 2009 HSV WM Grange
Can you not just line the trunk and under the rear seat with sour matting of sorts? You could just as easily go "race car" and stuff some foam in there if you were really desperate and like living on the edge.
264HSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 03:34 PM   #90
wayne watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
That would be a stutter as in hesitation, anybody need cheese with that? Oh my god the dash board burst into flames, the sound of the ocean from the gas tank....there is a reason this thread died long ago let it once more pass to the land of the lost.......... where fan plastic counterweights fly off tearing jugulars and causing instant death to those taking pictures with out using a shutter............. And his solution? buy a ford with the exact same transmission........? Loud bang trunk monkey trying to get out? Hey I look at like this they got a replacement torque converter which was replaced why? some kind of electronic lock up? or a miracle happened to make a torque converter go bad fast....... Anyone beside me ever put in their own torque converters.... transmissions? engines? cams? intakes? exhaust? Sound to me as something has come loose causing a back fire in the exhaust for this person who knows how long ago...as it is from july 2013............. this thread was about a sloshing sound, and that was never really a issue pushing 500 h.p. off my cammed engines as the sound of the lope of the cam was so sweet and the exhaust so loud the slosh was hardly ever heard...... sound like someone needs louder exhaust is right.....the other two complained about warranty issues of a bubbling dash.....look out she is gonna blow.......and a fan chopping off peoples fingers are both rare examples of complaints that have came on here....that's why people would think a troll was posting as it just says 2012 Camaro....no pride as in v-6 v-8 ls lt ss zl1...just 2012 with no pic . I am sure the "life time" chevy person is on another "lifetime" site somewhere right now..... MY corolla is making a squeeking sound when I turn right, and the rice falls out the trunk accidentally when I hit the trunk release on the horn, the seats are tearing and it let out a real long catalytic fart for miles then we had to stop and throw up....... I have only to conclude the loud bang was the trunk monkey tired of the whine............... And automatics do have things called trans stops to allow things like oh preloading of the converter for take off....... Wonders if they had AFM? oh the horrors............
Did anyone read all this?
Old 12-15-2013, 03:44 PM   #91
batman53201
Account not blocked

Drives: The Batmobile
could be the trunk monkey hitting the bottle
batman53201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 03:57 PM   #92
SnowyCamaro

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1, 2006 Chevy Equinox
Used to hear noise, when I bought the car. A week after I ripped out the stock stereo and dynamatted the whole car. No noise now, at least on the off chance that I'm driving with no radio on. I used B-Quiet Sound deadner, just the cheapest stuff. Should be under $100 to do your truck. Would take you an afternoon.
Old 12-15-2013, 04:09 PM   #93
Squillo

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS BRM LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne watson View Post
Did anyone read all this?
Absolutely not.
Squillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 04:20 PM   #94
EMB135Driver
Jedi Master

Drives: Boeing 757/767+2010 IBM 2SS
I just checked my Camaro in the garage where it's parked....no fuel sloshing around.....crisis averted.
Old 12-15-2013, 06:19 PM   #95
wayne watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squillo View Post
Absolutely not.
Me either, I'm just going to wait on the movie
Old 12-15-2013, 06:34 PM   #96
Learjetguru

Drives: 2011 2SS LS3
There is an easy way to fix this sloshing of gas sound. Apply brake and gas until squealing occurs ...sounds like fan belt but if you are doing the gas and brake correctly... pretty smoke plums will surround your car. If you do this enough you will no longer hear sloshing of gas. Glad I could help with the gas sloshing problem.. It worked for me, I hope you have the same results ( opinions due vary on this fix ...rear tire wear seems to be the largest compliant)

Learjetguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 07:05 PM   #97
SSteven

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black
When I put an aftermarket catback on mine, I noticed a lot of water in the old coffee cans. Not sure how loud the sloshing is, but its a potential culprit.

Previous Camaro (sold 11/2015): 2012 2SS - Auto/RS/Black/Sunroof/MyLink Nav/SP 1 7/8" LT Headers w/HF Cats/Hybrid SW Retro Catback w/Borla Pro XS Mufflers/ADM Dyno Tune/C.A.I. CAI/Vmax Spiral Ported Throttle Body/APEX Catch Can/275x4 Squared Wheel Setup/Custom Fit Full Size Spare/Ceramic Tint
Replaced with 2013 Black Dodge Charger SRT8
SSteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 07:08 PM   #98
Cam2011

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
I've never heard gas or anything sloshing around in my car no matter how empty my tank was.
Cam2011 is offline   Reply With Quote