Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-30-2018, 11:04 PM   #1
cubamvp

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Vtc

I have a vtc om my camaro but lately I'm getting a low power, stability issues with it. I unplugged it and plugged it back in n then like at 50 miles ,I get the same message.
If anyone can help or guide me in the right direction, I greatly would appreciate it.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
cubamvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 11:25 PM   #2
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Common problem especially with automatics. Plenty of posts on this. Lots of cars accelerator pedal unit just don't play nice with a VTC and there is nothing you can do about it except to replace the pedal unit and hope the new one likes it. You should first try to recalibrate the VTC as maybe it wasn't properly calibrated when it was installed.
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 12:57 AM   #3
Blazer098

Drives: 2015 Summit White SS
Mine went years on both of my camaros without any problems until recently, and now I get reduced power and stabilitrac lights every few months from it. I just unplug it and recalibrate it to get it working again
Old 05-01-2018, 01:58 AM   #4
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazer098 View Post
Mine went years on both of my camaros without any problems until recently, and now I get reduced power and stabilitrac lights every few months from it. I just unplug it and recalibrate it to get it working again
Don't even need to unplug it. Just hold both buttons until you see the countdown, then start the calibration process. Mine has done this a few times in the four years I've had it. I did notice that all three times, I was daily driving in competition mode with the VTC on 9, ( yeah, I know). Right now it's on 7 and I don't mess too much with the nannies. Been solid for a year that way. I do have the manual though.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 09:08 AM   #5
Olddudesrule
Resident nomad

Drives: 2014 Summit White 1SS/1LE
Started getting this warning after about a years worth of use. After reading multiple posts about the issues, decided to just unplug it from the pedal and let it be. Haven't removed it from the car (the display is still at the front of the dash), but haven't hooked it back up.
2003 Z06
1965 FFR Cobra
2012 Nissan 370Z

ADM LSA Stage II, Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks LTH/HFC's, Phastek CC, ported TB, Mishimoto radiator and oil cooler, BC Racing ER Series CO's, JPSS 32mm Black Magic rear bar, JPSS front inserts, R1 Concepts Premier slotted rotors/Goodrich SS lines, Schroth ASM harness, MGW flatstick, Brey-Krause HB, Tuned by NicD, at Cordes Performance Racing.
Olddudesrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 02:08 AM   #6
cubamvp

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubamvp View Post
I have a vtc om my camaro but lately I'm getting a low power, stability issues with it. I unplugged it and plugged it back in n then like at 50 miles ,I get the same message.
If anyone can help or guide me in the right direction, I greatly would appreciate it.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
Common problem especially with automatics. Plenty of posts on this. Lots of cars accelerator pedal unit just don't play nice with a VTC and there is nothing you can do about it except to replace the pedal unit and hope the new one likes it. You should first try to recalibrate the VTC as maybe it wasn't properly calibrated when it was installed.
I will try to calibrate it again tomorrow. Thanks for the help.

Old 05-02-2018, 02:08 AM   #7
cubamvp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazer098 View Post
Thanks For the help.

Old 05-02-2018, 02:10 AM   #8
cubamvp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
Don't even need to unplug it. Just hold both buttons until you see the countdown, then start the calibration process. Mine has done this a few times in the four years I've had it. I did notice that all three times, I was daily driving in competition mode with the VTC on 9, ( yeah, I know). Right now it's on 7 and I don't mess too much with the nannies. Been solid for a year that way. I do have the manual though.
Thanks man and I hope I have that luck like you did .

Old 05-02-2018, 02:11 AM   #9
cubamvp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olddudesrule View Post
Started getting this warning after about a years worth of use. After reading multiple posts about the issues, decided to just unplug it from the pedal and let it be. Haven't removed it from the car (the display is still at the front of the dash), but haven't hooked it back up.
Yeah if it does it again then I'll just take it off for vood. Thanks