Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-07-2017, 10:12 AM   #29
Zena

Drives: 2015 Camaro ZL1
So after taking my car to 3 different dealerships, they have all came to different conclusions. One tells me to replace my TPS and re-calibrate (no clue how to do that), another tells me that their is a possibility that the MAF and MAP sensors are failing,(not the truth because I have replaced both already). The last one who is the first that I took it to wouldn't work on it, just recommended replacing the entire intake system. I'm at the point now where I think I should just put a stock intake back on it to see if it remedies the issue. Really miss getting sideways from 1st to 3rd.
Zena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 10:16 AM   #30
ABADZL1
ZL1 Pilot

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zena View Post
So after taking my car to 3 different dealerships, they have all came to different conclusions. One tells me to replace my TPS and re-calibrate (no clue how to do that), another tells me that their is a possibility that the MAF and MAP sensors are failing,(not the truth because I have replaced both already). The last one who is the first that I took it to wouldn't work on it, just recommended replacing the entire intake system. I'm at the point now where I think I should just put a stock intake back on it to see if it remedies the issue. Really miss getting sideways from 1st to 3rd.
Can you take it to a tuner ?

GP Tuning 2.5 Cam, RPS Carbon Twin Clutch, Ported Blower, Kook's Headers, Cold Air Inductions CAI, ID850's, 9.17 Lower, 2.5 Upper, JMS BAP, Pedders Front Radius Arm Inserts, Whiteline Subframe Inserts, Tuned by me with HP Tuners
Idle Clip Link...........https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTL8S9eHwbs
ABADZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 10:21 AM   #31
Zena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABADZL1 View Post
Can you take it to a tuner ?
Don't know of any reputable ones in this area, as I'm a noob to the muscle car scene.
Old 10-07-2017, 10:32 AM   #32
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Can you contact he original owner and find out exactly what has been done i.e tuned, or if an when the SC was replaced. If it was there are a bunch of sensor connectors down the left fuel rail that should be checked that are associated with theses codes. I would take that Cold Air Intake tube off and inspect the throttle body. Push the TB open and inspect both sides for being clean.
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 11:30 AM   #33
ABADZL1
ZL1 Pilot

This place has great reviews on the LS1 forum. Maybe they can help?

https://www.trifectaperformance.com/...age/index.html

https://www.facebook.com/TRIFECTAPerformanceInc/

GP Tuning 2.5 Cam, RPS Carbon Twin Clutch, Ported Blower, Kook's Headers, Cold Air Inductions CAI, ID850's, 9.17 Lower, 2.5 Upper, JMS BAP, Pedders Front Radius Arm Inserts, Whiteline Subframe Inserts, Tuned by me with HP Tuners
Old 10-07-2017, 12:26 PM   #34
Zena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABADZL1 View Post
This place has great reviews on the LS1 forum. Maybe they can help?

https://www.trifectaperformance.com/...age/index.html

https://www.facebook.com/TRIFECTAPerformanceInc/
This is great info, but I need to figure out all that's been done to the car first. Hopefully I can get in touch with the previous owner to find out what he has done other than what I can see visually.
Old 10-07-2017, 12:30 PM   #35
Zena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMEnow View Post
Can you contact he original owner and find out exactly what has been done i.e tuned, or if an when the SC was replaced. If it was there are a bunch of sensor connectors down the left fuel rail that should be checked that are associated with theses codes. I would take that Cold Air Intake tube off and inspect the throttle body. Push the TB open and inspect both sides for being clean.
So i took off the intake and shinned a flash light into the TB and found that it has a significant amount of carbon built up inside of it. Maybe some brake cleaner will do the job??? Of coarse after removing it first to clean. I sure hope this is the issue
Old 10-07-2017, 01:06 PM   #36
ABADZL1
ZL1 Pilot

Quote:
So i took off the intake and shinned a flash light into the TB and found that it has a significant amount of carbon built up inside of it. Maybe some brake cleaner will do the job??? Of coarse after removing it first to clean. I sure hope this is the issue
I would also re seat the two ignition/fuel injection harnesses as well. Just make sure everything is connected and the locks click

Old 10-07-2017, 01:23 PM   #37
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Quote:
Don't shoot brake cleaner into the butterfly, put it on a rag and hand wipe the underside which is probably the dirtiest, then some carb cleaner at the pivot points. If you have that much carbon check the CAI tube for clean. Also recheck the filter, you said you cleaned it, you realize they must be reoiled not just airblown. Easier to just get a replacement, but if in doubt just do a quickie with it off, yes the MAF will be screwed up, but does it change the WOT issue.
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 03:29 PM   #38
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMEnow View Post
Don't shoot brake cleaner into the butterfly, put it on a rag and hand wipe the underside which is probably the dirtiest, then some carb cleaner at the pivot points. If you have that much carbon check the CAI tube for clean. Also recheck the filter, you said you cleaned it, you realize they must be reoiled not just airblown. Easier to just get a replacement, but if in doubt just do a quickie with it off, yes the MAF will be screwed up, but does it change the WOT issue.
Some air filters such as the one on my Roto-Fab do need to be oiled , but not all of them. You'd need to check on th efilter/CAI you actually have to see if your filter is a 'dry' filter or an 'oiled' one.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 05:00 PM   #39
Zena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
Some air filters such as the one on my Roto-Fab do need to be oiled , but not all of them. You'd need to check on th efilter/CAI you actually have to see if your filter is a 'dry' filter or an 'oiled' one.
I have a RotoFab, if there is a dry filter in here and it's supposed to be oiled, will it throw these codes???
Old 10-07-2017, 05:24 PM   #40
Blazer098

Drives: 2015 Summit White SS
Quote:
Don't know of any reputable ones in this area, as I'm a noob to the muscle car scene.
It's a bit of a drive but Tom at Wongs Performance in Vancouver could probably help you out. He has tons of experience on ls cars.
Old 10-07-2017, 05:26 PM   #41
ABADZL1
ZL1 Pilot

No. Go to Autozone or equivalent and get a can of Mass Airflow cleaner. Clean that thing and report back with findings.

Old 10-07-2017, 08:08 PM   #42
Rwarchol

Drives: 2010 1LT SIM A6, 2005 GTO TR A4
Quote:
I had that issue on my 05 GTO when I first had it. It was throwing a code for TPS. I disconnected the battery, took the throttle body off, cleaned it real well, reset the code and it never came back.
Rwarchol is offline   Reply With Quote