Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-20-2017, 09:14 PM   #15
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenBateman View Post
I was thinking of getting these. I just didn't wanna get them and then the borla exhaust I have be pretty much useless because my car right now is pretty damn loud! I see you squeezed a little more power to hit that 500 very nice! Ah and yes I remember watching that video! His car is wicked loud
I sure did, thank you! But as far as this goes, it's not something you would drive around with open all the time. Well probably not. Once you realize how loud they are it will probably be something you use for car shows or showing off. It would drive you and others mad to have them open all the time. So the catback of your choice will still be used more often than not, I'm assuming
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 09:17 PM   #16
ZX1truth

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazer098 View Post
I have no weeds on my car. They are the highest quality cutout available. QTP is a good budget choice, but I wasn't ready to have a gear go out on mine and have them stuck open. The no weeds are also a diverter instead of a cutout so instead of creating a large exhaust leak they close off the rest of the exhaust and open the exhaust up completely.
Attachment 879944
Your install looks immaculate!!!! My SS is very low and your setup looks more tucked up than the one on the NoWeeds website.

https://noweeds.net/collections/chev...racing-exhaust

Did you modify your set up???

LME built LSX427 w/t all Callies internals| AGP 65/65 TT | Holley Sniper Intake | Brodix BR3/LME custom ported | LME custom cam | Pro EFI 112 ECU | ID-1700x | NGK BR7EF | AGP's-Fore Triple Fuel pump | Monster LT1-S Triple | ZL1 3.23 diff, CF driveshaft, ZL1 axles | Hurst Line Lock | MGW Retro Short Throw | Pfadt solid subframe mounts | Prothane Motor Mounts | Revshift Poly Trans insert | Ground Control camber/caster plates | Accelerated Racing Solutions tuned|
God is too good! I don't deserve it, but I sure will accept it!!!
ZX1truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 09:21 PM   #17
StevenBateman

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmetal Speedster View Post
I sure did, thank you! But as far as this goes, it's not something you would drive around with open all the time. Well probably not. Once you realize how loud they are it will probably be something you use for car shows or showing off. It would drive you and others mad to have them open all the time. So the catback of your choice will still be used more often than not, I'm assuming
Not to mention the car goes in the shop for heads/cam on July 11th! I enjoy loud cars so I think keeping them closed a lot of the time would be hard! Obviously wouldn't have them open through my neighbourhood at night.
BTR Stage 4 Cam, FTI 3600 Stall Converter, GM 3.91 Gears, GPI Intake Mod V2, CAI Cold Air Intake, SLP 25% Underdrive Pulley, LS3 Conversion, PRC Ported/Polished Heads, Stainless Power Long Tubes w/off-road pipes, Borla Atak Cat-Back Exhaust, Tru Cool 40K 482rwhp/425rwtq, Built and tuned by Champion Motors

StevenBateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 09:24 PM   #18
Gunmetal Speedster

Quote:
Not to mention the car goes in the shop for heads/cam on July 11th! I enjoy loud cars so I think keeping them closed a lot of the time would be hard! Obviously wouldn't have them open through my neighbourhood at night.
Oh man, you're gonna be rock rattle and rolling let me know how it sounds, I'm dying to get a set on mine!
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Old 06-20-2017, 09:33 PM   #19
StevenBateman

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmetal Speedster View Post
Oh man, you're gonna be rock rattle and rolling let me know how it sounds, I'm dying to get a set on mine!
I can't wait! It's killing me. I don't think I'd have enough time to order to cutouts and have them arrive before I send the car in because it says allow 3 weeks for production time. Only problem is they have an option for the stock exhaust and one for American racing exhaust. I'm assuming the American racing exhaust one would work with an aftermarket exhaust
BTR Stage 4 Cam, FTI 3600 Stall Converter, GM 3.91 Gears, GPI Intake Mod V2, CAI Cold Air Intake, SLP 25% Underdrive Pulley, LS3 Conversion, PRC Ported/Polished Heads, Stainless Power Long Tubes w/off-road pipes, Borla Atak Cat-Back Exhaust, Tru Cool 40K 482rwhp/425rwtq, Built and tuned by Champion Motors

StevenBateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 09:45 PM   #20
Blazer098

Drives: 2015 Summit White SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX1truth View Post
Your install looks immaculate!!!! My SS is very low and your setup looks more tucked up than the one on the NoWeeds website.

https://noweeds.net/collections/chev...racing-exhaust

Did you modify your set up???
I actually pulled that picture off of google as I don't have any pictures of mine from under the car. My car is low too and they hang down a bit.
Old 06-20-2017, 10:13 PM   #21
Gunmetal Speedster

Quote:
I can't wait! It's killing me. I don't think I'd have enough time to order to cutouts and have them arrive before I send the car in because it says allow 3 weeks for production time. Only problem is they have an option for the stock exhaust and one for American racing exhaust. I'm assuming the American racing exhaust one would work with an aftermarket exhaust
Hmmm. Probably talking about 2.5in for stock exhaust and 3in for "american racing" or aftermarket haha.
Old 06-20-2017, 10:25 PM   #22
ZX1truth

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazer098 View Post
I actually pulled that picture off of google as I don't have any pictures of mine from under the car. My car is low too and they hang down a bit.
I'm going to take that picture with me to the exhaust shop to copy it! Great picture......very clean!

LME built LSX427 w/t all Callies internals| AGP 65/65 TT | Holley Sniper Intake | Brodix BR3/LME custom ported | LME custom cam | Pro EFI 112 ECU | ID-1700x | NGK BR7EF | AGP's-Fore Triple Fuel pump | Monster LT1-S Triple | ZL1 3.23 diff, CF driveshaft, ZL1 axles | Hurst Line Lock | MGW Retro Short Throw | Pfadt solid subframe mounts | Prothane Motor Mounts | Revshift Poly Trans insert | Ground Control camber/caster plates | Accelerated Racing Solutions tuned|
God is too good! I don't deserve it, but I sure will accept it!!!
ZX1truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 06:03 AM   #23
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
Mine are tucked up just right for me expert welding job too. I'm running kooks 1 7/8 headers w/HFC. I lowered my car 1" before putting them on. After driving it a while I decided to put stock springs back in. Just my choice I didn't want to take a chance of hitting a bump and having them damaged.
My switch is located on the console right next to the traction control. I can control how far I want to open them & they are in sanley loud.
Old 06-21-2017, 06:46 AM   #24
Liquidity
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28
I'm also debating adding Cut Outs to my 2015 stock Z/28. The Weeds brand looks good but so does the Quick Time Performance Brand .... Subscribed and thanks for the info.
Liquidity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 07:11 AM   #25
BLU DUCE

Spike III Build 2011 IBM 1SS/RS [COTW 6/25/12]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidity View Post
I'm also debating adding Cut Outs to my 2015 stock Z/28. The Weeds brand looks good but so does the Quick Time Performance Brand .... Subscribed and thanks for the info.
No problem. I'm packing up and heading out tomorrow for the Camaro Nationals in Fredrick,Maryland for 4 days.

Last edited by BLU DUCE; 06-21-2017 at 12:41 PM.
BLU DUCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 12:38 PM   #26
Unsterblich

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS convertible
How much does it cost for the cutouts?
Unsterblich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 12:43 PM   #27
BLU DUCE

Spike III Build 2011 IBM 1SS/RS [COTW 6/25/12]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsterblich View Post
How much does it cost for the cutouts?
I don't remember but i got them from Phastek performance.
Old 06-21-2017, 01:58 PM   #28
camrytt

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Those qtp ones are around 400-450 not including install

Current: 2017 ZL1 A10
previous: 2019 1SS A10
previous: '14 L99, CAI intake, vmax ported tb, e85 kit, stage 2 cnc heads, speed engineering long tubes, custom high flows, resonated x pipe, muffler delete, qtp cut outs, gpi ss3 vvt Cam, zl1 pump and injectors, fti triple disc, mayhem motorsports trans cooler and tune, ngk spark plugs +red msd wires, 3.91 gears.
Past: '12 LFX, full bolt ons + E85, 302hp/267tq
camrytt is offline   Reply With Quote