The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Technical Forums > LT1 (6.2L V8) Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions

Old 11-22-2016, 06:45 PM   #1
AUX_man

Drives: 2015 Z51 '86 IROC
Cruise Control "shudder" & not constant

I took my 2015 Z51 (A8) in for the airbag recall and oil change this past week. On the way home at about 65 mph in cruise control I noticed a “shudder” or "rumble". I use cruise control a lot and I never experienced that before (11k miles). It almost is like hitting a rough spot in the road or going over a rumble strip on the edge of the highway, only more subtle. The speed control doesn't hold the speed constant and I noticed that the RPMs were undulating in sync with the "shudder" and speed. The RPMs increase by 1 or 2 hundred and then fall back. It's during the decrease in RPM that the "shudder" occurs. It is true that there is a slight roughness when going from 4 to 8 cylinders but that is only momentaryand when RPMs are going up.
Time to go back to the dealer I guess. ?? I can't be the only one with the problem.
AUX_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 10:05 PM   #2
VETTEGUY16

Drives: 2016 Z51
Did you ever get an answer to your problem, I have the same issue. When in manual I do not have this shutter only when in automatic and the RPM's drop 100-150 then surge back up.
VETTEGUY16 is offline   Reply With Quote