The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 07-23-2007, 04:27 AM   #15
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z28 View Post

Which is why when Ford invited us to drive a few concept cars at its Dearborn Development Center recently, one word kept growling through our heads: INTERCEPTOR. Standing next to this sleek looking beast as its engine came to life was thrilling and chilling, despite the hot summer sun. Throaty V-8? Check. Six-speed manual? Check.

According to Ford, “the Interceptor comes equipped with a manual six-speed gearbox mated to a Ford Racing 5.0-liter V-8 Cammer engine that delivers 400 horsepower and runs on E-85 ethanol. It is a powerful sedan that draws on the cues of one of last year’s big hits for Ford at Detroit’s auto show.” We weren’t able to so much as pay lip service to most of those under-hood thoroughbreds, but the Cammer engine is a winner in other applications, and we see no reason why it wouldn’t shine here.
Again, PLEASE check the search key at the top of the screen before making new threads. I tried it and hey...I found this thread. Yes, I merged your thread here for you...
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 07:42 PM   #16
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I realize TAG already said this. But don't become too "New Thread" button-happy. It's as much a pain to everyone else as it is to TAG, we have to review all the threads, because we have no lives.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:42 PM   #17
Jak

Drives: 03 Dodge Dakota
Damn, what'd ford do, whip it with an ugly stick?
Jak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 11:03 AM   #18
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
It's too...IDK, actually!! It's got an attractiveness to it, but in a bland way, if that makes sense...
Old 07-24-2007, 01:48 PM   #19
Silverado
GM Guy For Life

Drives: 2010 GMC Yukon XL
I like it...did I just say that about a Ford?....LOL....

I like it enough to say with some tweaks it would be a real nice looking car. Maybe it's the grill, maybe it just needs a little less chrome....I don't know for sure, but it's definitely got potential and it could easily become production ready.

If Ford can tweak it right, they have themselves a nice looking full-size car that should continue their large-car market dominance.

Shoot, with that long hood, they could drop their V-10 in there, crease the bodywork a little bit, change out wheels, upgrade the interior and create one hell of a new Lincoln to compete in the big luxury car market.

I love the color too, that blue is awesome....looks good with the chrome wheels too....
Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote