The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 03-16-2008, 11:25 PM   #15
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverAnxious View Post
Unlike the PT Cruise? Chrysler sold tons of those things for many years running. They were a very popular car based on the Neon platform. All of those buyers don't see them as 'bad'.

Actually light duty truck sales have helped keep the big three doing as well as they have for quite a few years now. Having MDS and Hybrid options may help that trend to continue. Businesses and gov't work still needs to buy trucks even if a small segment of civilian buyers shy away from trucks due to the price of fuel.
Lots of people that I talk to hate the PT Cruiser, and most of them drive various small cars. The PT Cruiser just doesn't seem to have sufficient 'yeah, I'd buy one of those' appeal. I'd buy a neon, I'm considering getting a used one this summer in fact. It doesn't have to be a great car, just one with few drawbacks. Does that help you to understand where I'm comming from?
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 10:12 AM   #16
OverAnxious

Drives: 1967 RS/SS L78 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to OverAnxious Send a message via Yahoo to OverAnxious
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Lots of people that I talk to hate the PT Cruiser, and most of them drive various small cars. The PT Cruiser just doesn't seem to have sufficient 'yeah, I'd buy one of those' appeal. I'd buy a neon, I'm considering getting a used one this summer in fact. It doesn't have to be a great car, just one with few drawbacks. Does that help you to understand where I'm comming from?
I believe the people you talk to might not like them, but there was no arguing with the sales numbers for the first few years that was on the market 7-8 years ago. Enough people loved them to scoop them up.

I have no idea how the upside down bathtub sales are doing now however. With practically zero exterior updates since it first hit showrooms, I would not be suprised if the fizzle is all but gone.
OverAnxious is offline   Reply With Quote