Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Phastek Performance

Old 07-29-2023, 04:33 PM   #1
Nepenthe

Drives: '24 3LT V6 M6 NPP Recaro Yellow
any V6s actually being allocated for 2024?

I mostly see talk of the SS and ZL1. A few folks seem to have an inside line into allocations, constraints, etc.

I put in an order for a V6 Manual (3LT, NPP exhaust, Recaro seats) at two local dealerships. Just wondering if I should move on and look at other cars or if there's a small glimmer of hope. Thanks.
Nepenthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2023, 07:42 PM   #2
50MileSmile

Drives: 2023 2SS, 2018 1SS 1LE, 1993 Z/28
Yes, there will be plenty of V6s. In fact, there was a rumor this week that Chevy was going to reduce V8 production in favor of V6s to help GM make its CAFE numbers.
50MileSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2023, 06:52 AM   #3
50MileSmile

Drives: 2023 2SS, 2018 1SS 1LE, 1993 Z/28
And then this morning, there was a story on another website saying that Chevy will build a higher percentage of V8s for 2024 than it did in 2023.
50MileSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2023, 08:54 AM   #4
SomeGeoffGuy

Drives: 2023 2SS Convertible
Seems like the Camaro CAFE score is going to already be in the ditch since they aren't building any LTG cars.

-Geoff
SomeGeoffGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 11:41 AM   #5
Nepenthe

Thanks. I've bookmarked that other website so I can check in on the rumor mill.

Sounds like I shouldn't get my hopes up very high. We're coming to the end of the line for naturally aspirated ICE, manual shifting, rear wheel drive vehicles. My wife picks up a manual BRZ in eleven days.

To me, the V6 Camaro represents the sweet spot for a fun engine that you can still rev out sometimes without risking safety or legal consequences, along with a decent chassis. There is the used market, but I'm really set on us each getting into NEW internal combustion engined vehicles before it's too late. Unfortunately it looks like a strong possibility that it is too late for the V6 Camaro. Maybe we'll both end up with GR86 / BRZ.
Old 07-31-2023, 01:23 PM   #6
SomeGeoffGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
Thanks. I've bookmarked that other website so I can check in on the rumor mill.

Sounds like I shouldn't get my hopes up very high. We're coming to the end of the line for naturally aspirated ICE, manual shifting, rear wheel drive vehicles. My wife picks up a manual BRZ in eleven days.

To me, the V6 Camaro represents the sweet spot for a fun engine that you can still rev out sometimes without risking safety or legal consequences, along with a decent chassis. There is the used market, but I'm really set on us each getting into NEW internal combustion engined vehicles before it's too late. Unfortunately it looks like a strong possibility that it is too late for the V6 Camaro. Maybe we'll both end up with GR86 / BRZ.
I bought a 2002 Firehawk back right before the Camaro ended the first time, and it turns out that they are very similar from a 1/4 mile time standpoint as the current V6 Camaro. The current V6 is definitely a good balance.

-Geoff
Old 07-31-2023, 01:35 PM   #7
ItsChristianInHD

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT RS 3.6L
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGeoffGuy View Post
Seems like the Camaro CAFE score is going to already be in the ditch since they aren't building any LTG cars.

-Geoff
I have a feeling they are increasing it for the fans. I WISH GM would actually be transparent like Ford is.

Most of their lineup is V8s or engines that guzzle gas. If they gut most of the lineup and shrink it, I don’t see how they can’t have at least 3 V8s in the lineup. Silverado, Corvette, and Camaro.
Old 08-11-2023, 09:51 AM   #8
Nepenthe

Emailed my sales contact at each of the two dealerships this week (V6 Manual 3LT, NPP exhaust, Recaro seats -- both orders were given to the sales contact 7/14/23 or four weeks ago today). One has not responded, while the other gave me this response:

Quote:
We have placed the order with GM, we are currently just waiting on allocation for it to get built.
No code or anything, and no order number. I am in my 40s but this is only the second car I've tried to order (the first was a first-year Scion FR-S and the process was pretty clean). My impression was that the dealership sales manager would wait for the allocation details before deciding whether they valued my particular order enough to send it to GM and try to have it built. But here it sounds like they sent it right along and are now awaiting allocation.

Is there a "New Car Ordering for Dummies" or "Explain New Car Ordering Like I'm 5" primer I could read over?

-------------------------------

While I'm here... The other day I went through all of the vehicles offered by all car makers. I was looking for cars with an available naturally aspirated and non-hybrid internal combustion engine, traditional manual available, rear-wheel drive, and two-door body. Also looking only at new (0 miles with warranty) and under $100K.

I found the only choices that tick those boxes are:
  • Miata
  • GR86 / BRZ
  • Camaro V6
  • Camaro V8
  • Mustang V8 (S550 for 2023 / S650 for 2024)
  • Porsche Cayman / Boxster GTS 4.0
Not a whole lot to choose from. A whole lot of four doors, SUVs / crossovers, hybrids, autos or CVTs, single gear electrics, fwds, and of course turbos (especially I4 turbos...).

I'll bet that the 2026 Model Year will see exactly zero cars fitting these criteria. The Miata is a fun car in Manual Club RF form, but pricey for what you get and with a slight lack of utility and for me the novelty of the open top wears off after a few minutes.

The GR86 / BRZ is good -- so good that I owned the previous generation and my wife is supposed to get a new BRZ manual (date pushed from 8/11 to 8/22). Seems odd for us BOTH to get the same car... and she got there first.

The Camaro V8 and Mustang V8 are good cars, although the standard S650 (as opposed to the Dark Horse one) seems a bit lackluster from early reviews. And I've owned an S550 (albeit a V6 Automatic) for nearly 9 years. I know the V8 Camaro is extremely well-regarded here... but for my usage I view it as having too much power, too tall gearing, and too high a ceiling to maximize fun on local roads at safe and legal speeds (leading to a frustrating need to always keep it reined in), along with being a bit nose-heavy for the platform and costing more for aspects I'll never fully utilize. I like to rev.

The Cayman and Boxster GTS 4.0 (the only way to get a naturally-aspirated Porsche other than the insane GT3 models and the GT4 RS / Spyder RS) is incredible, pretty much my dream car (though also arguably too much car for fun on public roads). But at $97K to start (not that I would need even a single option), it's easily $50K more than I want to spend or be responsible for, and then there's the markups and the maintenance costs.

That pretty much leaves the Camaro V6 Manual, which as I mentioned earlier in the thread just seems like the sweet spot for affordable fun that ticks all the boxes (NA, RWD, 2D, 6M). If I can't get that I'm not sure what I'll do. Live with regret, I guess, at not having acted sooner. Mustang has 43K miles and runs like a top, but has been having a number of issues (evap core, electronics / camera, door latches, hood latch, brake light stopper, starter and alternator, although in fairness three of those were repaired under Recall). After 9 years and especially given the historical inflexion point, I want to get into something new to me and something brand new (with 0 miles and a warranty at that) that will carry me into 2030 or so...

Last edited by Nepenthe; 08-11-2023 at 05:51 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-11-2023, 02:34 PM   #9
dpevans

Drives: 2024 Riverside Blue 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Emailed my sales contact at each of the two dealerships this week (V6 Manual 3LT, NPP exhaust, Recaro seats -- both orders were given to the sales contact 7/14/23 or four weeks ago today). One has not responded, while the other gave me this response:

No code or anything, and no order number. I am in my 40s but this is only the second car I've tried to order (the first was a first-year Scion FR-S and the process was pretty clean). My impression was that the dealership sales manager would wait for the allocation details before deciding whether they valued my particular order enough to send it to GM and try to have it built. But here it sounds like they sent it right along and are now awaiting allocation.

Is there a "New Car Ordering for Dummies" or "Explain New Car Ordering Like I'm 5" primer I could read over?

While I'm here... The other day I went through all of the vehicles offered by all car makers. I was looking for cars with an available naturally aspirated and non-hybrid internal combustion engine, traditional manual available, rear-wheel drive, and two-door body. Also looking only at new (0 miles with warranty) and under $100K.

• Miata
  • GR86 / BRZ
  • Camaro V6
  • Camaro V8
Not a whole lot to choose from. A whole lot of four doors, SUVs / crossovers, hybrids, autos or CVTs, single gear electrics, fwds, and of course turbos (especially I4 turbos...).

I'll bet that the 2026 Model Year will see exactly zero cars fitting these criteria. The Miata is a fun car in Manual Club RF form, but pricey for what you get and with a slight lack of utility and for me the novelty of the open top wears off after a few minutes.

The GR86 / BRZ is good -- so good that I owned the previous generation and my wife is supposed to get a new BRZ manual (date pushed from 8/11 to 8/22). Seems odd for us BOTH to get the same car... and she got there first.

The Camaro V8 and Mustang V8 are good cars, although the standard S650 (as opposed to the Dark Horse one) seems a bit lackluster from early reviews. And I've owned an S550 (albeit a V6 Automatic) for nearly 9 years. I know the V8 Camaro is extremely well-regarded here... but for my usage I view it as having too much power, too tall gearing, and too high a ceiling to maximize fun on local roads at safe and legal speeds (leading to a frustrating need to always keep it reined in), along with being a bit nose-heavy for the platform and costing more for aspects I'll never fully utilize. I like to rev.

The Cayman and Boxster GTS 4.0 (the only way to get a naturally-aspirated Porsche other than the insane GT3 models and the GT4 RS / Spyder RS) is incredible, pretty much my dream car (though also arguably too much car for fun on public roads). But at $97K to start (not that I would need even a single option), it's easily $50K more than I want to spend or be responsible for, and then there's the markups and the maintenance costs.

That pretty much leaves the Camaro V6 Manual, which as I mentioned earlier in the thread just seems like the sweet spot for affordable fun that ticks all the boxes (NA, RWD, 2D, 6M). If I can't get that I'm not sure what I'll do. Live with regret, I guess, at not having acted sooner. Mustang has 43K miles and runs like a top, but has been having a number of issues (evap core, electronics / camera, door latches, hood latch, break light stopper, starter and alternator, although in fairness three of those were repaired under Recall). After 9 years and especially given the historical inflexion point, I want to get into something new to me and something brand new (with 0 miles and a warranty at that) that will carry me into 2030 or so...
I place my order 7/26 and the order was accepted by GM on 8/8. You might try going to the largest chevy dealership in your state, they should have the most allocations available. Now hopefully they don't go on strike.
dpevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2023, 05:22 PM   #10
SomeGeoffGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpevans View Post
Now hopefully they don't go on strike.

lol. That's literally why I ordered a 23. Not even knowing that there would be a price premium.

-Geoff
Old 08-11-2023, 06:09 PM   #11
Docmdnite
Fat guy in a small car

Drives: 2023 Black 3LT w/ RS Package
I just put down a deposit on a 3LT V6 today on one that is in transit. they tell me it should be at the dealer last week of Aug- first week of Sept.
Docmdnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2023, 07:10 PM   #12
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docmdnite View Post
I just put down a deposit on a 3LT V6 today on one that is in transit. they tell me it should be at the dealer last week of Aug- first week of Sept.
23 or 24?

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2023, 08:31 PM   #13
CTRifecta

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:

• Miata
  • GR86 / BRZ
  • Camaro V6
  • Camaro V8

That pretty much leaves the Camaro V6 Manual, which as I mentioned earlier in the thread just seems like the sweet spot for affordable fun that ticks all the boxes (NA, RWD, 2D, 6M). If I can't get that I'm not sure what I'll do. Live with regret, I guess, at not having acted sooner. Mustang has 43K miles and runs like a top, but has been having a number of issues (evap core, electronics / camera, door latches, hood latch, brake light stopper, starter and alternator, although in fairness three of those were repaired under Recall). After 9 years and especially given the historical inflexion point, I want to get into something new to me and something brand new (with 0 miles and a warranty at that) that will carry me into 2030 or so...
Go to the ordering sub forum and read the sticky threads about ordering, it will explain quite a bit. Just don't ask for Becky.
Vehicle Built (per chevy chat bot) - 10/10/23
Window sticker available online - 11/4/23
Arrived at dealership - 11/10/23
CTRifecta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2023, 11:49 PM   #14
Adios

Drives: 2023 and 2024 Convertibles
I have one being built soon....

Adios is offline   Reply With Quote