The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detail, Bodywork, Protection

Old 03-22-2014, 09:06 PM   #15
purpleRac3r

Drives: 1974 & 2014 Corvette Stingrays
For all of you installing clear bras of any kind, I have a couple of suggestions based on 8700+ miles of real world driving. First, I do not have a clear bra. That said, I have all of ONE chip on the front fascia, none on the hood, doors or mirrors. There are also none on the front or rear fenders. Strangely, I also have none in the expected places on the lower part if the rockers. What is really getting chewed up is the rear fascia, from the wheel well straight back from both tires. Not really noticeable just looking at it, but you'll get a very unpleasant surprise the first time you wax the "tunnels"! Also, there is a short, narrow strip along the edge of the rockers as they roll into the door jamb, from where the edge starts to curve up at the back of the doors up to the crease. If you don't have your rocker film rolled into the door jamb area, you'll see what I mean in short order! Those of you with the film already on may want to have more in these locations, and anyone thinking about it, consider these places as part of your package.
'74 Stingray coupe, heavily modified, as seen in August 2011 VETTE magazine, 2014 Stingray Z51 #196, ordered 02/11/13, built 08/29/13, Museum Delivery 10/04/13, driven daily!

purpleRac3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 11:35 PM   #16
whosurdaddy107

Drives: My new Stingray Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto Motive View Post
My daughter had a 3m 8mm film bra to her Challenger 392 including qtrs. and bumpers. A pro in our area applied it and also dark tinted the windows for a grand. Its been a season now and traveling the PA turnpike over 300 miles and not a chip. No peels or pull ups. Maintenance is waxing with any synthetic wax. When I buy my Z next year this is the first thing hitting my front end, qtrs. and bumper.
thanks...i will put on a clear bra. in the process of looking for a good place to do it.
whosurdaddy107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:14 PM   #17
Ret9580

Drives: '99 Sienna till '15 Ray is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbsoccer12 View Post
anybody know of a good place in Southern California (LA County) who does good clear bra installs.
After reading this thread, I googled the clear bra installers in California. There is a place in Santa Ana called Protective Film Solutions. They also install protective film on the windshield. They have 8 Yelp reviews.....all 5-Star which is as good as it gets. I sent them an email for a ballpark estimate. Still waiting for their reply. Check out their website and the photos of the exotic cars they work on.
Ret9580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 07:39 PM   #18
Ret9580

Protective Film Solutions

Just got an email back from Protective Film Solutions in Santa Ana CA.

They install XPEL Ultimate film

2014 Corvette Stingray

[B]Standard Front End[B]
18-24" hood, matching fenders, front bumper....$799

Full Nose Wrap[B]
Full hood, full fenders, Mirrors, headlights....$1399

For windshield protection they use ClearPlex Windshield skins
$350

Ryan's cell is 602-327-0055
Old 04-03-2014, 09:33 PM   #19
smajicek

Drives: 2014 C7 Z51
Clear bra

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbsoccer12 View Post
anybody know of a good place in Southern California (LA County) who does good clear bra installs.
I just had mine done at Ultimate Shield in Orange 817 W Collins guys name is Sean they did a great job.
smajicek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 10:19 AM   #20
Ret9580

Quote:
Originally Posted by smajicek View Post
I just had mine done at Ultimate Shield in Orange 817 W Collins guys name is Sean they did a great job.
smajicek.......I looked up their website too. Did you wrap your entire vehicle? How much was it? Looks like they do the windshield with ClearPlex too. What product did they use for your clear bra/body wrap? I assume you can wax or polish over the bra covering and it looks just as good as waxing the actual paint surface?
Old 04-10-2014, 02:27 PM   #21
gojurick

Drives: '14 Stingray "Sasha"
I just had Genesis in Roseville, Ca put Xpel on the bumper, entire hood, front fenders, mirrors and door handle cups. Looks great, I've shown it to a few people and the couldn't even tell it was there until I pointed it out. Make sure you get a good dealer and installer with lots of experience. They did my buddy's Porsche and it turned out great also. Fantastic nationwide warranty. It's not the least expensive product in the world, but why would you want that on this car?
gojurick is offline   Reply With Quote