Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-13-2021, 09:35 AM   #71
foshjowler

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T, 91 Miata
I heard about this happening over the weekend, and both my cars needed gas so I went ahead and filled them up expecting a bit of a price increase, and just wanted to beat it. Didn't think it would lead to panic though. I guess here in NC it's the worst. When I went to pick up lunch yesterday there was a line at the BJs gas a quarter-mile in each direction. Since I work at home, I can go like a month or more without getting gas if I cut out unnecessary longer trips. I'm worried that this will last a while, and eventually, those who don't panic buy will need gas too, making it a long cycle before everything will return to normal.

Youtube Channel

foshjowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 10:02 AM   #72
Xaxas

Drives: 2019 2SS 1LE
Dumb situation, literally toilet paper 2, the Hackers took down the billing system and the company said the pipe network/distribution/whatever was not affected but that they will delay everything by a day, that's it.

... Meanwhile, the media...

THERE IS A GAS SHORTAGE!

Which leads the dumb people who believe EVERYTHING in mainstream news to start hoarding gas like idiots because the media can't do anything with COVID dying down and the chief being pretty bland and boring, they triggered hoarding which is leading to actual shortages and thus creating a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Ignore and continue with your lives, I went to get gas this morning and I'm by the Tampa Bay area, besides 93 being more expensive due to summer coming and people getting back on the road, it was completely uneventful.

Previous: 2017 2LT aka "Noire"
Mods: Chevrolet Performance Suspension || K&N Cold Air Intake || Borla ATAK Mufflers + Catback system || MRR 650 ZL1 replicas with squared 285/30 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S || ZZP 4 piston brake kit + braided brake lines || BMR everything (Solid/Lockout cradle bushing are a MUST in Camaros)
Xaxas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 04:49 PM   #73
cthulhucaller

Drives: 2022 1SS Team Joe and Becky
Colonial ended up paying the ransom before most people even really started seeing the effect of the pipeline outage. They experienced poor performance during recovery with the decryption tools the hackers supplied, so ended up using backups alongside the decryption tool. The fact that they paid the ransom was not publicly revealed until just recently though.

Keep in mind that ransoms in these types of cases are not just to get your systems back up and running, but also to prevent the unwanted release of the data copied out to the attacker's systems.
cthulhucaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 11:10 AM   #74
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Got this from one of my damnyankee friends today

Name:  fuel.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  46.9 KB

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 11:23 AM   #75
Hops

Drives: 2019 1ss 1le, blue wrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
Got this from one of my damnyankee friends today

isn't going to effect them too (well the north east)? I checked gasbuddy last night, and in the ~30stations close to me, only 1 had gas!
Hops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 11:29 AM   #76
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hops View Post
isn't going to effect them too (well the north east)? I checked gasbuddy last night, and in the ~30stations close to me, only 1 had gas!
Aside from having seen a sign on the pumps at Costco stating max two approved containers per transaction, there hasn't been much change for us. No shortages that I am aware of.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 12:57 PM   #77
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hops View Post
from western NY. Different state than NYC, lol.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 02:14 PM   #78
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
https://www.yahoo.com/autos/hummer-h...224900696.html
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 03:44 PM   #79
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
So I just got back from a round trip...

South Central NC to Virginia Beach to Ocean City, MD over to Baltimore and the out to Frederick, MD and back down to NC but way of western Virginia.

I saw a few stations out of fuel but by my estimation over 90% had gas. My truck gets about 630+ miles to a tank so I was not freaked out.

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 05:39 PM   #80
17Blk1LE

Drives: 2017 Black Camaro SS 1lE
Its a not crisis!! Just a misunderstanding
17Blk1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 06:41 PM   #81
Monroe
Banned

Drives: Chevrolet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaxas View Post
Dumb situation, literally toilet paper 2, the Hackers took down the billing system and the company said the pipe network/distribution/whatever was not affected but that they will delay everything by a day, that's it.

... Meanwhile, the media...

THERE IS A GAS SHORTAGE!

Which leads the dumb people who believe EVERYTHING in mainstream news to start hoarding gas like idiots because the media can't do anything with COVID dying down and the chief being pretty bland and boring, they triggered hoarding which is leading to actual shortages and thus creating a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Ignore and continue with your lives, I went to get gas this morning and I'm by the Tampa Bay area, besides 93 being more expensive due to summer coming and people getting back on the road, it was completely uneventful.

Exactly
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 06:44 PM   #82
Monroe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR's 2SS View Post
Theres absolutely no way I can make a comment about this fuel event without it being all about politics....
So Ill just shut my mouth.....

Old 05-14-2021, 06:55 PM   #83
Monroe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
The state of Florida just issued a RVP waiver to accompany the EPA waiver. This should open up a bit of existing supply in Florida at least. The waiver allows the sale of Winter grade fuel through the end of the month, providing a more broad source of supply.

Crazy times we are in! Good luck!

Sounds like DeSantis is again on the ball.
Old 05-14-2021, 06:57 PM   #84
Monroe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by grampi View Post
You're in wackoland, CA, what do you expect?
😵😜