Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 12-02-2016, 09:18 AM   #29
lechess

Drives: LS3
I went ahead and gave it a really good cleaning with all purpose cleanner then dish soap. Water was running clear. When i get home from work it should be dry. I will check it.
lechess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 09:20 AM   #30
tazman

Drives: 2014 ZL1
I know this is a little off topic but can you run the buffer over the stripes?
Old 12-02-2016, 09:22 AM   #31
lechess

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZN View Post
Pads are a normal wear item through use. Expect them to wear out. They all wear differently due to their cell structure/composition and the chemicals used on them. Adam's will replace it for sure if the pad was defective.

I wonder if some people take their worn tooth brushes back to the Dollar Store for replacement?
If i cant get 1 full detail with this pad its garbage to me. The pad has not much wear. Its more than likely the cleaning
Old 12-02-2016, 05:44 PM   #32
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Quote:
Pads are a normal wear item through use. Expect them to wear out. They all wear differently due to their cell structure/composition and the chemicals used on them. Adam's will replace it for sure if the pad was defective.

I wonder if some people take their worn tooth brushes back to the Dollar Store for replacement?

I wonder if Adam Pitale would condone someone who is supposed to represent his products comparing their quality to that of a dollar store toothbrush? Last time I checked dollar stores don't offer a 110 % guarantee.

If your going to quote something I post, I would appreciate if you didn't remove part of what I said to make up some of your BS.

Based upon the OP's prior posts, it was easy to see he hadn't used this pad on his entire car. 4 times on 1 panel. A quality pad should not be beat up after this little of use.

What I actually said concerning his pad, along with what you posted in reply but conveniently left out, is below. You need to stop twisting up what I post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M 2012 2SS View Post
If your pad was only used four times, and you only did one panel with it each time, it shouldn't be that beat up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lechess View Post
If i cant get 1 full detail with this pad its garbage to me. The pad has not much wear. Its more than likely the cleaning
If you have a problem with an Adams product, don't post it on this forum, or even the Adams forum. Call Dan at Adams customer service 1-866-965-0400. Unlike BRZN, he actually cares that your satisfied with your products, and will be sure your taken care of if you have any issues.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.

Last edited by Joe M 2012 2SS; 12-02-2016 at 06:01 PM.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 06:41 PM   #33
lechess

The extra wash i gave it, worked great. It was the poor cleaning of the pad. Water was running clear but after a all purpose cleaner now its good again. I actually ordered 2 more pads to have extras when i need them. Thanks guys for the great advise.
Old 12-02-2016, 07:29 PM   #34
BRZN

Drives: 2012 1LT
Glad to hear, the extra cleaning worked!
Old 12-03-2016, 10:05 AM   #35
Joe M 2012 2SS

Quote:
Glad to hear, the extra cleaning worked!
What a joke! Since the cleaning worked (I posted a video showing the OP how to do this), everything is great now.

Had the pad deteriorated due to quality, your reply is.. "I wonder if people return used toothbrushes to dollar stores".

What a great way to earn customers for a business. Be a total hypocrite!

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Old 12-03-2016, 10:32 AM   #36
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazman View Post
I know this is a little off topic but can you run the buffer over the stripes?
You could but I would not recommend it for two reasons. 1. The compound/polish will get under the stripes causing it to come apart. 2. If the stripes have been put on recently, buffing over the stripes may make them come off. Another reason is reason is possibly ripping them off. That's why it's better to put painters tape over the stripes.
Old 12-03-2016, 07:49 PM   #37
tazman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace0751 View Post
You could but I would not recommend it for two reasons. 1. The compound/polish will get under the stripes causing it to come apart. 2. If the stripes have been put on recently, buffing over the stripes may make them come off. Another reason is reason is possibly ripping them off. That's why it's better to put painters tape over the stripes.
So I need a real small pad for between the stripes then?
Old 12-04-2016, 01:19 AM   #38
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazman View Post
So I need a real small pad for between the stripes then?
No, you can buff but make sure you put some painters tape over the stripes. Or buff away from the stripes and then hand polish near the stripes after buffing. One downside with stripes, need to be cautious on buffing/polishing so you don't tear them if they are vinyl.
Old 12-04-2016, 05:06 AM   #39
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by lechess View Post
Before polish and after correcting polish.
That looks great....what corrective polish are you using. ...I have swirl marks on the hood and trunk that were there since I bought ....drives me nuts. Your pic is the exact look im going going for....just wondering how I can get it.I'm in Canada so Adams stuff isn't very common from what I've seen....I use Megiures stuff mostly...thanks.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 06:24 AM   #40
BRZN

Drives: 2012 1LT
rontammy0, have you tried:
http://www.adamspolishes.ca/
Old 12-04-2016, 07:55 AM   #41
Joe M 2012 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbabz71 View Post
The shine comes from the prep (clay bar, polish)
This is the absolute truth for getting your paint to shine.

While a good all natural carnauba wax will give the paint a warm look, the shine comes from decontamination and polishing.

Many companies sell all natural high carnauba content wax, some of them being ridiculously high priced.

Victoria Wax makes high carnauba content wax for a much lower price. If you like this look, you don't need to spend $100 or more.

The Vic's is $51 plus shipping after discounts @ Carpro USA.

I don't use wax on my Camaro very often, as it isn't garaged. Here is a pic of the last time I applied the Vic's.

Old 12-04-2016, 08:36 AM   #42
tazman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace0751 View Post
No, you can buff but make sure you put some painters tape over the stripes. Or buff away from the stripes and then hand polish near the stripes after buffing. One downside with stripes, need to be cautious on buffing/polishing so you don't tear them if they are vinyl.
Thank you I am mostly concerned about the small strip of paint between my factory stripes. I plan to buy a buffer and try it for the first time within a couple of months.