The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Ask the Camaro Team

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2017, 04:48 PM   #57
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtirocz View Post
Thanks. When I was testing the feature out, I tried initiating the no lift shift everywhere from 6000 - 6400 RPM. In all cases engine speed goes to and gets held at 6500 RPM while the clutch pedal is in. That's the reason I've asked the question since it's not behaving how I expected it to (ie. was expecting more similar behavior to the SS 1LE in the first post).
Just watched a video where it appears there's a no lift shift at 5200 rpm.
Old 11-06-2017, 06:53 PM   #58
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
FYI - we're patiently waiting on a response from Al and the Team. I am assured they are working on it.
Old 11-06-2017, 09:52 PM   #59
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
FYI - we're patiently waiting on a response from Al and the Team. I am assured they are working on it.
Awesome! Thanks for the update!

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
Old 11-07-2017, 07:26 AM   #60
97cavy22

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
thanks the update, will keep an eye out!
Old 11-07-2017, 11:26 PM   #61
MatthewAMEL

Drives: 2023 CT5 Blackwing
Take two months to answer the question? LOL. You folks have been deceived, I am sure this was some initiative by his publicity team to keep him and the Camaro in the spot light.

I'll be sure to ask the SCCA chair (who drives a SS 1LE) while receiving my AS 1st Place trophy about the future of the 1LE.

2023 Wave Metallic
CT5-V Blackwing M6
Old 11-08-2017, 06:35 AM   #62
vtirocz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewAMEL View Post
Take two months to answer the question? LOL. You folks have been deceived, I am sure this was some initiative by his publicity team to keep him and the Camaro in the spot light.

I'll be sure to ask the SCCA chair (who drives a SS 1LE) while receiving my AS 1st Place trophy about the future of the 1LE.
Calm down!

The 'ask Al' subforum was a request from several members on here that the moderators and Camaro team agreed to. It's been exactly 3 weeks since this question was asked, not 2 months. I suspect the team was very busy, especially with Sema during that timeframe and also with their day job! They probably also need to have their lawyers approve formal responses to these types of questions, which will add time (just a guess). Once the process is really up and running, I expect a similar turnaround time as the corvette forum's 'Ask Tadge' subforum.

Old 11-08-2017, 08:21 AM   #63
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewAMEL View Post

For the record...it was actually us that went to the Camaro Team with this idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtirocz View Post
Calm down!

The 'ask Al' subforum was a request from several members on here that the moderators and Camaro team agreed to. It's been exactly 3 weeks since this question was asked, not 2 months. I suspect the team was very busy, especially with Sema during that timeframe and also with their day job! They probably also need to have their lawyers approve formal responses to these types of questions, which will add time (just a guess). Once the process is really up and running, I expect a similar turnaround time as the corvette forum's 'Ask Tadge' subforum.
Old 11-08-2017, 03:40 PM   #64
1CEBITN

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Vert w/2SS
I use the NLS all the time in my 2017 2ss vert, I love it and it is much quicker and smoother than trying to shift while lifting off the gas. It works and sounds just like the bottom video in the first post for me. There is a braaaaap kind of sound when it is functioning and the RPMs hold where I pushed in the clutch. It is easier to use on the 2-3 because the RPMs aren't climbing as fast. On the 1-2 I time the pushing of the clutch just before I hit 6k RPMs which means I am over 6k by the time I actually push in the clutch but not on the limiter yet and it works fine but you have to be more precise then on the 2-3. As long as you are above 5800 RPMs, over 30 mph, and the car is warm (don't just jump in it and try to NLS) it should work fine. That last bit about the car being warm might be what is causing the issues for those folks on here hhaving a problem. If you lift at all you are going to the rev-limiter which might be the other issue, it is totally counter-intuitive and takes some getting used to if you have driven manuals for a long time like me.
Old 11-08-2017, 04:10 PM   #65
vtirocz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1CEBITN View Post
I use the NLS all the time in my 2017 2ss vert, I love it and it is much quicker and smoother than trying to shift while lifting off the gas. It works and sounds just like the bottom video in the first post for me. There is a braaaaap kind of sound when it is functioning and the RPMs hold where I pushed in the clutch. It is easier to use on the 2-3 because the RPMs aren't climbing as fast. On the 1-2 I time the pushing of the clutch just before I hit 6k RPMs which means I am over 6k by the time I actually push in the clutch but not on the limiter yet and it works fine but you have to be more precise then on the 2-3. As long as you are above 5800 RPMs, over 30 mph, and the car is warm (don't just jump in it and try to NLS) it should work fine. That last bit about the car being warm might be what is causing the issues for those folks on here hhaving a problem. If you lift at all you are going to the rev-limiter which might be the other issue, it is totally counter-intuitive and takes some getting used to if you have driven manuals for a long time like me.
Thanks for that info. Any chance you could post a video of it in action?

Old 11-14-2017, 08:50 AM   #66
Mr. Wyndham

Al and the engineering Team has answered; thank you for your patience!

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=513327

Closed Thread