The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Ask the Camaro Team

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2017, 03:27 PM   #29
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
works just fine on my 17 SS. you have to get use to it. let off on the gas at all and it grind. Iv only done it a maybe 4 times and the only time it failed was when i instinctively let off on the gas once.
Which video does yours most closely match?

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
Old 10-07-2017, 05:57 PM   #30
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Since we just launched the section, let's allow some time for some discussion to take place. Say, another week or so. Then - we'll post a poll for voting the week after that...and when selected - give another 2 weeks to get a good response from Al and the Team.

So...at most - a Month from now.
Old 10-07-2017, 06:29 PM   #31
ChadFarr
Instagram: @SSAVAGEVERT

Drives: 2016 SS M6 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtirocz View Post
Which video most closely matches the way yours works?

I had mine in Sport and made sure to not lift my foot off the gas and voila!
2.9L Whipple | Compstar Rods, Diamond Pistons & GPI Cam | Mantic Triple Disc | Corsa Performance Exhaust | DSX Aux Pump | LT4 Fuel System | BMR Lowering Springs | ZL1 OEM Conversion | 360 Customs Built | And More!

Click & Follow My Build
Old 10-07-2017, 09:00 PM   #32
vtirocz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadFarr View Post
I had mine in Sport and made sure to not lift my foot off the gas and voila!
Thanks. What happened to engine speed when you did this? Did it rise to and get held at 6500 rpm like the SS video or reduce engine speed like the SS 1LE video (reference 1st post)? If you execute the shift quickly enough, it might be hard to tell.

Old 10-07-2017, 09:03 PM   #33
ChadFarr

I really didn’t pay too much attention Bc I was actually racing. I paid more attention to the Redline but I made sure I didn’t lift off the gas. I’ll post the video below:

You can see from 2-3 I let off the gas and the car jumped and shook the GoPro. From 3-4 the NLS shifts much smoother and there is no deceleration in the Power band.

https://instagram.com/p/BZyTbGyFUjv/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2.9L Whipple | Compstar Rods, Diamond Pistons & GPI Cam | Mantic Triple Disc | Corsa Performance Exhaust | DSX Aux Pump | LT4 Fuel System | BMR Lowering Springs | ZL1 OEM Conversion | 360 Customs Built | And More!

Click & Follow My Build
Old 10-07-2017, 10:53 PM   #34
crazydmc
ummmm

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Nightfall w/Blk Wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadFarr View Post
I really didn’t pay too much attention Bc I was actually racing. I paid more attention to the Redline but I made sure I didn’t lift off the gas. I’ll post the video below:

You can see from 2-3 I let off the gas and the car jumped and shook the GoPro. From 3-4 the NLS shifts much smoother and there is no deceleration in the Power band.

https://instagram.com/p/BZyTbGyFUjv/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yeah that second shift the engine just hit the rev limiter and stayed there.... not what I would call a NLS feature, just a "no lift shift"
Old 10-07-2017, 10:54 PM   #35
ChadFarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydmc View Post
yeah that second shift the engine just hit the rev limiter and stayed there.... not what I would call a NLS feature, just a "no lift shift"

No, it did not hit the Rev limiter. The car would stall if it hit the Rev limiter.

Click & Follow My Build
Old 10-07-2017, 11:13 PM   #36
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Which video does yours most closely match?
i dont know. i was looking at the road not the gauges. All i know is i just tapped the clutch in a few inches and shifted and it when right in and full throttle as soon as i let off the clutch.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
Old 10-09-2017, 05:49 PM   #37
vtirocz

Quote:
Since we just launched the section, let's allow some time for some discussion to take place. Say, another week or so. Then - we'll post a poll for voting the week after that...and when selected - give another 2 weeks to get a good response from Al and the Team.

So...at most - a Month from now.
Mr. Wyndham,
It's been two weeks since your post above. Any chance the poll would be posted this week?

Thanks!

Old 10-09-2017, 08:07 PM   #38
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Mr. Wyndham,
It's been two weeks since your post above. Any chance the poll would be posted this week?

Thanks!
Yes, a very good chance.

Stay tuned tomorrow.
Old 10-10-2017, 09:09 PM   #39
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
This thread was chosen to be part of our first "Ask Al" poll!

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9935732
Old 10-11-2017, 10:15 AM   #40
vtirocz

Quote:
This thread was chosen to be part of our first "Ask Al" poll!

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9935732
Excellent news!!

Be sure to vote in the poll if you guys want this one answered!

Old 10-14-2017, 09:16 AM   #41
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
There is an "Ask Tadge" section on a different Vette forum and the same question was asked and here is his answer. I have to believe it's also available for all Camaro models and works in all modes as well. Curious to see what Al says if he answers the question.

Quote:
Tadge answered:
No Lift Shift (NLS) works in all driver modes and with rev match on or off. In other words, all the time. Many manufacturers seek to reduce the stress in their drivelines by sensing the conditions for a power shift and close the throttle regardless of what the driver is doing with the throttle pedal. The problem with closing the throttle is that when the next gear is selected and the clutch is re-engaged, the intake manifold has very low pressure. The throttle then has to re-open to fill it and feed the cylinders. Although this all happens very quickly, there is a delay for the engine to back up to full torque (and these effects are magnified in charged engines where intake manifold pressures are higher). Although I can't share the calibration details, the NLS algorithm looks for the conditions where the driver is requesting maximum performance and, within certain bounds, keeps the throttle fully open during the shift to keep the manifold pressure relatively high. In this way the engine is ready to provide full torque upon completion of the shift. The performance difference is easily measured in our straight line acceleration testing. And of course the Corvette is designed for and fully validated for this usage.
I can also share my feedback based on my 13 Z. I've done it countless times since I bought it in 2012. It definitely works in all modes, you need to shift very fast (no lazy shifting), and it has to be right before redline at WOT. If you try it at a lower rpm, it will just flare up like the second video) If you do attempt it and the rpm flare up; you didn't do it right. IF done correctly, it will be a nice clean shift and the rpm will immediately drop like an auto trans with no flare up. I can post a couple of videos if that helps.
Old 10-14-2017, 01:25 PM   #42
seanblurr

Drives: ZL1 1LE
I thought I saw a youtube clip with Al confirming all Camaro's have this?

Closed Thread