Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 09:59 PM   #71
The_Driver
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrivera91 View Post
What if the v6 is the actual camaro and the 8 isn't. ��

No idea what I'm talking about.

What if there are no actual Camaros, just Mustangs. Does that mean we're actually driving Mustangs no matter what the drivetrain is???
Old 06-16-2016, 10:02 PM   #72
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenacity View Post
Guys I understand a lot of the replies but I'm going to pose the question I asked once again.

I understand all about how I should drive what I want, etc., but to sum up the comments, what they are seemingly saying is that a V6 Camaro isn't a "real" Camaro in terms of the performance, power, and other things that comes usually with packages that are around the SS level with the 8 cylinders or higher.

They are saying driving the V6 Camaro with these things technically stripped away, technically strips away the actual "Camaro" experience.

So does driving a V6 Camaro in this regard come off weak in this regard? Where everything that makes a Camaro a Camaro....is gone...and only available when I get to the packages like an SS?

That's what I want to know. I understand that I should drive what I want, I shouldn't "care" what people think, and the entire nine yards. I understand ALL of that.

What I'm trying to do right now is get down to the TRUTH, I'm not a car guy and I want to know if (while saving a lot of money in the process) did I shoot myself in the foot by NOT going with at least the SS package?
Ask yourself one question. Does my car make me smile when I drive it? Then decide if you are trying to please yourself or other people.
Old 06-16-2016, 10:10 PM   #73
Kens ss

Drives: 2011 SS/RS , L99 convertible
If you are trying to impress your friends and this particular girl, why on earth would you have picked a V-6?
It may not be to late, if you trade in for a V-8. Do this ASAP or you will loose the girl for sure!

Of coarse I am joking, and hoping you are as well!
Old 06-16-2016, 10:19 PM   #74
DFWHD

Drives: 45th Anniversary Convertible
Quote:
Guys I understand a lot of the replies but I'm going to pose the question I asked once again.

I understand all about how I should drive what I want, etc., but to sum up the comments, what they are seemingly saying is that a V6 Camaro isn't a "real" Camaro in terms of the performance, power, and other things that comes usually with packages that are around the SS level with the 8 cylinders or higher.

They are saying driving the V6 Camaro with these things technically stripped away, technically strips away the actual "Camaro" experience.

So does driving a V6 Camaro in this regard come off weak in this regard? Where everything that makes a Camaro a Camaro....is gone...and only available when I get to the packages like an SS?

That's what I want to know. I understand that I should drive what I want, I shouldn't "care" what people think, and the entire nine yards. I understand ALL of that.

What I'm trying to do right now is get down to the TRUTH, I'm not a car guy and I want to know if (while saving a lot of money in the process) did I shoot myself in the foot by NOT going with at least the SS package?
OP - Why do you care what other people think? Did they pay for your car? Hell no! I've had my V6 vert for over 4 years now and the only person that ever gave me the V8 crap was a douche bag high school kid in the neighborhood. Even if I did get crap from others, I've gotten to the point in life where I don't give a crap what anyone thinks of anything I do (except for the wifey - must keep the peace there...)
Old 06-16-2016, 10:19 PM   #75

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
I just got my 2015 Camaro V6 in March, and I personally like it. I get a lot of random compliments from it from people.....I have no personal issue with it.

But from looking at more comments on the internet, from being in this particular "group" on the internet, and from recently dating this one particular girl....I'm starting to not like my car anymore.

It's these comments I hear from the internet and within particular "groups" that:

- I have a fake Camaro
- Only the V8 Camaro is the real Camaro
- Why would you even drive that?
- You are a homosexual and you don't have any balls
- Make sure you wear a dress when you drive that V6 around
- What? I didn't know a Camaro could have only 6 cylinders, this fool has an imposter Camaro!

I don't understand this man. I got the car because I like the way it looks, that's it, end of story, nothing else to it. I don't race, why do I need a V8? The only thing I liked about the V8 package in terms of what I could "use" was that SOUND....I'm currently in the process of adding an MRTv2 to provide a more muscular sound.

But my feelings have been hurt, crushed, etc., it's even to the point of DEPRESSION. I know that sounds completely weird and extreme, but it's like on one hand when I take this out into the real world, I'm getting stares/compliments like crazy. Much more than I got from my previous car which was a 2011 Charger, which got stares/compliments but no where NEAR the level of the Camaro.

But when I hear all of this stuff about because my engine is a V6, I don't know, it's just starting to depress me and I'm being honest about that.

I don't WANT to trade my vehicle in after less than 3 months of having it for a V8, just to "feel better" about myself as the comments from these folks have honestly F'ed with my head.

I'm adding an MRTv2 Performance Package and that's going to provide a better muscular sound. From there, I personally LIKE the car and I like the compliments I get. But damn....I want to hold this car until 2021 - 2022 and I'm wondering can I mentally endure the HATE-FILLED comments from people because my engine has 6 cylinders and not 8?
Quote:

I hope you are not for real, and that this is all a joke. After all these years and all the V-6 drama, no one can possibly be this pathetic.
Old 06-16-2016, 10:22 PM   #76
Kens ss

Drives: 2011 SS/RS , L99 convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty Ice View Post
You should buy/drive the car you want. A car can catch a girls eye and give you the opportunity to meet her but it's your swag/game that will keep her.
I saw 'catch can' in your post! Even though you had the words reversed, I knew catch can would end up in this thread lol
Old 06-16-2016, 10:35 PM   #77
nosmr2

Drives: 2011 L99 SS
I truly hope this is a troll, as it is the lamest post I've read in quite a while.

If not, man the F up and don't whine about your feelings in a public forum.

Old 06-16-2016, 10:37 PM   #78
Tenring

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS - SIM
Oh my
Old 06-16-2016, 10:39 PM   #79
CO2010ss

Drives: 2010 ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by olblue75 View Post
The late 60s Camaros had straight sixers in them a whopping 231 or 250 cubic inches and probably didn't make much than 150 hp...
the I6 had 140 hp and the car weighed around 2900 pounds iirc
Old 06-16-2016, 10:39 PM   #80
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kens ss View Post
I saw 'catch can' in your post! Even though you had the words reversed, I knew catch can would end up in this thread lol
OP, do you have a catch can? Catch cans can make anyone so cool.
Old 06-16-2016, 10:41 PM   #81
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
Didn't even bother reading through all the responses on this thread and, hopefully, I'm repeating some, of not all that has already been said. Your Camaro is just as 'real' as any other. Anyone who makes the comments you stated are the ones with an identity/self image/self confidence problem... not you.
Old 06-16-2016, 10:55 PM   #82
Trifecta23

Drives: 2013 Dusk 2ss/RS conv.
If it bothers you this much just trade it in on a v8. A little buyers remorse is not worth jumping off a bridge.

jdm
Old 06-16-2016, 11:01 PM   #83
Jeff1981

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS/RS 6 SPD
Man don't worry about all these other people. They aren't making that car payment for you and if it makes you happy and you enjoy driving it, that's all that matters. Usually people that talk junk about others have their own insecurity issues going on and that's a way to help them feel better about themselves by talking down on others. And not being to blunt with you I hope, but if a girl you recently started dating is talking smack to you about your car i'd go find another girlfriend as I would forecast more serious relationship problems in the future.
Old 06-16-2016, 11:48 PM   #84
Linuss8

Drives: 2013 2LT
Quote:
what they are seemingly saying is that a V6 Camaro isn't a "real" Camaro in terms of the performance, power, and other things
You mean the Camaro that makes more horsepower than a 2010 Mustang GT? The Camaro that makes more than 90% of a 2002 LS1 V8, but better gas mileage? You mean the Camaro that made almost as much (less than 10%), if not more horsepower than every other V8 before its time?

That Camaro?

Well, I didn't spend their money on that Camaro, so they can deal with it. 323hp is nothing to sneeze at, even today. The people who say such a thing tend to drive beater I4s who's cars make less power at WOT than you do sneezing during ignition.

Closed Thread