Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-03-2019, 05:12 PM   #15
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to Pagliaro Send a message via MSN to Pagliaro Send a message via Yahoo to Pagliaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
I have had it up to you know where with the Key recall, first we get two cards a week ( sent by snail mail ) and now E-mail to bring my car in, so now all there E-mail go to spam, done with this wast of time.
I did it one one key just to stop it
Got 2 recall keys and 2 switchblades

First retrofitted 2014 mylink.

Last edited by Pagliaro; 04-05-2019 at 06:30 AM.
Pagliaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 06:31 PM   #16
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
It's a SAFETY recall. Not getting it done is like lifting your car with a hydraulic jack and then crawling under it.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 06:57 PM   #17
Whoomba

Drives: 2024Camaro 2SS CE Convertible
I’ve posted it here before but, been ignoring the notifications and took it in for something else and told them don’t touch my key. I get it back and they’ve done it anyway. After several days and several angry calls, I get my switchblade back.
Whoomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 06:59 PM   #18
Tenring

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS - SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagliaro View Post
I did it one one key kust to stop it
That is what I did as well.
Old 04-03-2019, 07:06 PM   #19
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-It Man View Post
It's a SAFETY recall. Not getting it done is like lifting your car with a hydraulic jack and then crawling under it.
It's more like boarding a commercial airliner without a parachute.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 07:29 PM   #20
RJT Impala
Stovebolt BluFlame 6

Drives: '12 2LT/RS, IBM; '20 Traverse Prem
^^^^^
RJT Impala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 08:00 PM   #21
Joecruiser

Drives: 2014 2-SSRS Slushbox
Hey guys, so I bought my car Sept. 2018, just received the key recall postcard last week.
Car came with 2 switch blade key fobs. One a generic.,the other OEM.

The generic never worked. The rubber membrane over the buttons are toast is the factory one that does work but is disentegrating.

I bought 2 key fobs from an Amazon vendor, tapped out the roll pin and replaced the key.
Tried like crazy for the car to reprogram the fobs to not avail.

I'm throwing in the towel and getting the freebie recall bobs.
Joecruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 09:00 PM   #22
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
I guess I’m lucky my local dealer doesn’t even have the equipment to laser cut the keys. They sent me to a local locksmith to get my spare key cut. I haven’t gotten anything about the recall. I’ve got two switchblades.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 10:05 PM   #23
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
I got fed up with the notices I was getting from GM in the mail, then I started getting emails, and then the dealer started calling me. I took my car to the dealer for an oil change because they were running a special deal on Mobile One and guess what....they did the key change. Pissed me off because I didn't ask them to do it and they didn't ask me if it was ok to do it. The Service Manager told me that they didn't have a choice and once they had the car they had to do the key change. It's my freaking car so if I didn't tell them to do than they shouldn't have done it.

In the end it wasn't a big deal once it was done and now I don't even think about it when I start the car. I do miss pushing the button and sliding the key back in, it was kind of like therapy! I used to do it all the time when I had the key fob in my pocket until my wife told me it looked like I was playing with myself!
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 02:35 PM   #24
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenging Orange View Post
So, whats so aggravating about it? It comes in the mail with all the other junk...see it, throw it away. Email, click delete.
Like so many other things we spoiled Americans gripe about. Why do we feel compelled to answer the phone....to answer the door....to believe everything we read on the internet.
In the grand scope of things, nuisance mailings from GM should rank at the bottom.
I say this all in jest, of course, but c'mon man!
For more then 4 years we get this paper, not going to get this any more GM needs to stop.

Quote:
so for the past 45 year's i was lucky, dont think so.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 03:14 PM   #25
RJT Impala
Stovebolt BluFlame 6

Drives: '12 2LT/RS, IBM; '20 Traverse Prem
Quote:
Safety recall based on bogus data!
RJT Impala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 06:07 AM   #26
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
I'm a job creator by not getting my key recall done. If I had the recall done, a Chevy tech would cut a key and have it done. However, by not having it done a guy at GM is getting a job maintaining a list of me not having it done, the printer company guy made a sale of a printer, someone is selling the ink for the postcard to be sent, someone is printing the postcard. I'm employing the USPS to mail the card and someone to actually send the car to the USPS. I'm employing my local mailman (lady in this case). I'm keeping the recycle guy employed by taking away my recall postcard every time I get one which employs the gas station attendant that is responsible for gas the recycle truck fills up with. I'm stimulating the economy by not having my recall done!

While I guess it is true, I'm totally kidding on the above BS. Long story short, auto manufacturers will never get my e-mail if I can avoid it and who cares if they want to keep sending me post cards. I'll keep throwing them in the trash or recycle and they can keep spending money on my cards. It's not like any other junk mail I get IMO.
Exactly! I used to get GM postcards all of the time. I would glance at it, see it said "Camaro", knew it was about the key and I'd toss it out. Nah, sorry...I like my switchblade key. Too bad.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote