Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 12-06-2018, 11:19 AM   #15
_Chigga

Drives: 2015 Z/28, #225 Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
Yes and no on the collector standpoint, like driving the Z/28 a lot, its more old school driving if you know what i mean, its that joy you feel of Bing in control of a monster that at any moment will turn on you, and get you in trouble.

And i like your way of thinking about how many engines where assembled by each engine builder.
Thats a cool idea, how many engine builders were involved in building these LS7s in our cars anyways?
_Chigga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 11:26 AM   #16
johna

Drives: 2015 White Z28
Great ideas, maybe a new thread and maybe someone can develop a spreadsheet with engine builder name and car year and #.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
johna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 12:43 PM   #17
PapaKlutch

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS/1LE
Quote:
Don't stop, it's the truth, if you can't buy with cash don't buy at all.

Hope you can get better in time and get your Z back.
The red Z/28 for sale in Reno, NV is a 2014. #425. 12.5K miles.
Old 12-06-2018, 01:29 PM   #18
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Is that the car members say was repainted?
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 09:56 PM   #19
PapaKlutch

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS/1LE
Quote:
Is that the car members say was repainted?
The red one in Reno? I don't know but I would not be surprised. It's a used car lot.....

Here's the VIN: 2G1FS1EE7E9700425
Old 12-07-2018, 06:58 AM   #20
joelster

Drives: '94 Z28+ '15 Z/28
I thought the repainted one was in Florida? I could be wrong.
1979 Y84 Trans Am
1986 IROC-Z
joelster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 07:47 AM   #21
Biergut

Drives: '15 Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelster View Post
I thought the repainted one was in Florida? I could be wrong.

I'll chime in -- can't say it'll be helpful, but I'm trying. The Red Z28 in Florida (Dimmitt) is a repaint. As I was just shopping cars, I covered a lot of ground and had been in contact a few times. My opinion is they are not being forthright about the history of the car. The car in Reno that was mentioned, I believe is being confused with the one in Pueblo, CO that is a non AC Red car. That car too has some, let's say, hazy history. The car popped up a few weeks ago on this forum... some questions were asked about it and suddenly, the thread disappeared. They are trying to off load it as it's one of those 3 months on the lot cars.

I took all of your advice and waited (albeit a very short time ) for a car I felt really good about and with work and some help from the board -- it showed up.

Regarding the market... I've been wishing for 3 years about the Z28 and until it was at 40k wouldn't hock myself to own one... I couldn't be happier now as these cars are worth every penny. I have also been recently seeing articles in the general auto press saying things like, "now is the time to buy these cars as they are an unbeatable performance bargain" and I completely agree.. boy do I agree! It does seem like there are fewer around and after driving once I do understand why some folks get caught up, buy the Z28, then realize (to them) it's not a daily driver. I can't tell you how many of these cars I shopped with 3 or 4 owners... now perhaps there was nothing wrong with the cars (I suspect not), but I just couldn't be comfortable with that many owners.

Anywho... I just hope they eventually all end up with folks who really understand just what the Z28 is about.

Now... if I could only find a solution to lower the factory seat for my helmet to fit.
Biergut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 01:26 PM   #22
Supercup
Life Is Short Enjoy It!

Drives: Original Owner 15 Z/28 #934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biergut View Post
the one in Pueblo, CO that is a non AC Red car. That car too has some, let's say, hazy history. The car popped up a few weeks ago on this forum... some questions were asked about it and suddenly, the thread disappeared. They are trying to off load it as it's one of those 3 months on the lot cars.

Hi,

Here is a little more on the car in Pueblo. I have talked to the dealer on this car - it has had 2 owners, but has been to auction a number of times in between. This dealer bought it and thought they would move it and make a nice profit. They told me what they missed on the buy was "no AC" - they did not realize that was an issue. It has been an issue on resale. They have had the car since June and would like to move it off the books before year end. It is missing one of the engine covers and has a few other small issues from what I was told, I have not seen it in person - but shows no other negative history on carfax or auto check (I ran my own of each) and the dealer was happy to work with a buyer for PPI.

So it has traveled and not been loved, and it is unknown if it has had any issues, but what documentation is easily available there is no negative history. Given the price, it would be worth looking at, if you can live with a non AC car. This is the perfect canditate for someone looking for a track car. I have been very tempted but have not jumped yet for a track only car!

So you get low price and take some risk or you go inspect and have inspected and get a low price and take no risk if it checks out!

As such "if you can live with non AC" car it should be looked at by any potential buyer.
Supercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 05:08 PM   #23
frenchsquared

Drives: 15 Z28, 01 Corvette, 96 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercup View Post
Hi,
Here is a little more on the car in Pueblo. I have talked to the dealer on this car - it has had 2 owners, but has been to auction a number of times in between. This dealer bought it and thought they would move it and make a nice profit. They told me what they missed on the buy was "no AC"

This is the perfect canditate for someone looking for a track car. I have been very tempted but have not jumped yet for a track only car!
I have seen it in person and can look at it. I live close to Pueblo. I have talked to the used car manager about the car. I am also a dealer so he is more likely to be open and upfront with me.