Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-11-2019, 11:45 AM   #15
ABM Camaro

Drives: 2013 ZL1 A6 Camaro
You have the exact color combo as my 2010 SS RS. I loved that combo. Its was the best blue GM made.

I dont this the cats are your problem. Sounds like something else. Maybe a ground wire if your a fresh build.

I hope you get it squared away soon because its to pretty to sit !

V6 Camaro bolt ons and E85
Tuned by Tampa Tuning
ABM Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 08:04 PM   #16
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABM Camaro View Post
You have the exact color combo as my 2010 SS RS. I loved that combo. Its was the best blue GM made.

I dont this the cats are your problem. Sounds like something else. Maybe a ground wire if your a fresh build.

I hope you get it squared away soon because its to pretty to sit !
Thanks man. I have to say, ABM is my favorite and if they made it longer than the first half of the 2010 model year I'd probably have a later one, but I just couldn't pass on that blue!

The build happened over the winter and I have somewhere around 3,000 miles on the build. I'm going to put the car back together tomorrow and I have a friend coming with a trailer to help me get it back to the shop I had do the cam because I don't know what else to do. I'll update with the results so that others know in case something like this happens to them. I'm guessing it's some kind of sensor or like you said a ground somewhere that came loose, but I just don't know.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 11:10 AM   #17
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
With the car being cammed it could be a case of the crank/cam position sensor on the front of the timing cover being loose is what comes to the top of my head. But then again it should throw a code... Basically you can check the codes online heres ones description and it is more than just the Cats....

https://www.obd-codes.com/p0420 Which should give you multiple areas to check...….. the loose timing change would most likely make it not want to start and run like crap... Good Luck.
Old 07-18-2019, 11:45 AM   #18
go_go_gadget88

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS ABM 6M
Any updates from the shop on this one??
2010 ABM 2SS/RS LS3 6 Speed -- Rotofab CAI | Speed Engineering 1 7/8" Longtubes w/ cat Delete | Magnaflow competition catback | TSP 231/246 cam| TSP/PAC .660" Spring Kit | TSP CNC Ported Heads | Bo White PTB | GPI Ported/RM Intake | 3.91's | BC Catch Can | MGW Shifter | BMR 1" Drop Springs | BMR Trailing arms/Toe Rods/Rear UCA Bushings | Pegasus Subframe Mounts
go_go_gadget88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 12:01 PM   #19
sixty9fordkiller
Donkey Dick Cam Camaro

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 M6
does it sound "right" (as usual) when its cranking?

Bone Stock
sixty9fordkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 01:10 PM   #20
pyroguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_go_gadget88 View Post
Any updates from the shop on this one??
None yet. I'm going to drop it off at the shop tomorrow and hopefully they will get on it early next week. It's been a little crazy here this week and I just haven't had the opportunity to get it hauled down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixty9fordkiller View Post
does it sound "right" (as usual) when its cranking?
It starts sounding right and then it sounds like something is missing. It has fuel, it has compression, I'm not able to 100% guarantee it has spark, but it seems to. Other than that I am just going to let the shop have at it that did the cam install earlier this year. They said they've had a couple cam position and crank sensors go down in the heat we're getting here in MO lately.
Old 07-18-2019, 01:12 PM   #21
go_go_gadget88

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
None yet. I'm going to drop it off at the shop tomorrow and hopefully they will get on it early next week. It's been a little crazy here this week and I just haven't had the opportunity to get it hauled down.

It starts sounding right and then it sounds like something is missing. It has fuel, it has compression, I'm not able to 100% guarantee it has spark, but it seems to. Other than that I am just going to let the shop have at it that did the cam install earlier this year. They said they've had a couple cam position and crank sensors go down in the heat we're getting here in MO lately.

Right on, I was thinking you were bringing it to shop last saturday so curious what they had found. It sure SOUNDS like it could be one of those sensors..but you would think you would get a code for them and not for your cats. Weird, but good luck getting it figured out!
2010 ABM 2SS/RS LS3 6 Speed -- Rotofab CAI | Speed Engineering 1 7/8" Longtubes w/ cat Delete | Magnaflow competition catback | TSP 231/246 cam| TSP/PAC .660" Spring Kit | TSP CNC Ported Heads | Bo White PTB | GPI Ported/RM Intake | 3.91's | BC Catch Can | MGW Shifter | BMR 1" Drop Springs | BMR Trailing arms/Toe Rods/Rear UCA Bushings | Pegasus Subframe Mounts
Old 07-18-2019, 01:25 PM   #22
pyroguy

Quote:
Right on, I was thinking you were bringing it to shop last saturday so curious what they had found. It sure SOUNDS like it could be one of those sensors..but you would think you would get a code for them and not for your cats. Weird, but good luck getting it figured out!
Thanks. Yeah it was supposed to go down last weekend, but it got late in the weekend and then we ran out of time. The shop is a little over an hour from me each way. I'll update as I know more.
Old 07-20-2019, 12:33 PM   #23
PepeLePew

Drives: 2010 2SS Coupe; 2011 2LT Vert
Hey Pyro - are you taking the car to the shop this weekend? Let us know how it goes and what they find. I’m hoping it’s something easy. Best of luck buddy!

Jeff
Old 07-23-2019, 02:10 PM   #24
pyroguy

Just got the car back. Cam position sensor. The shop said they had seen very few of them go out before, but never one that went out without throwing a code. They put a new sensor in and the car fired right up. Go figure. Anyway, thanks everyone for the responses. I'm glad to have my car back!
Old 07-23-2019, 02:58 PM   #25
go_go_gadget88

Nice!

Glad it was something simple. Also good to know those can go bad without throwing a code, I would not have guessed that!
Old 07-23-2019, 05:04 PM   #26
pyroguy

Quote:
Nice!

Glad it was something simple. Also good to know those can go bad without throwing a code, I would not have guessed that!
Well you'll know it if it goes out even if it doesn't throw a code! My car wouldn't even start. It wanted to and you could tell it was trying, but there wasn't any spark apparently. Yes fuel, yes MAF readings, no spark. With no code it was either wiring, which looked intact, or the cam sensor so they put a new cam sensor on and bam! She fired right up.
Old 07-24-2019, 08:04 PM   #27
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
SO basically I was right...……..LOL Enjoy !
Old 08-23-2019, 10:38 PM   #28
Mouse330

Drives: 2011 2SS, 2006 GMC Sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
So I finished a 4th of July parade, shut the car down and it wouldn't start again. I had a friend run a code checker to see if I had any codes and P0420 and P0430 came up. They're catalytic converter related so I pulled a cat and it looks great. Has anyone experienced anything like this in the past, what was wrong, and how did you fix it?
P0420 and p0430 are catalytic converters efficiency codes. Does not mean the cars are clogged! Not going to produce a no start issue
Mouse330 is offline   Reply With Quote