The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 07-18-2019, 10:37 AM   #239
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
What a FUBAR that's 11pm EST ...the whole day is lost! Whatever idiots thought that was a good idea should be summarily fired. Hope they didn't have anything to do with it's design
I assume it was done for the people actually attending the event in Orange County, rather than everyone else watching online. The internet isn't everyone afterall.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 10:39 AM   #240
ron8879

Drives: 2018 Camaro RS
read back to my comment. I still stand on starting price and no manual but I meant to say 550 not 650 on hp. I must of had a moment jumping back and forth between this and work screens yesterday haha
ron8879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 10:52 AM   #241
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
3300 for a C7 GS? I thought the NA Stingrays were pushing 3500 lbs or so. But its been a while since I've looked any of that up.
It may be a tad above 3,300, but not by much. I've seen varying weights for the GS in reviews and forums, but they're all in the same general vicinity. 3,350lbs?

The Stingrays are just slightly under 3,300lbs.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 11:25 AM   #242
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
What a FUBAR that's 11pm EST ...the whole day is lost! Whatever idiots thought that was a good idea should be summarily fired. Hope they didn't have anything to do with it's design
Oh no! Something doesn’t cater to the east coast. What a tragedy! How will Corvette recover from such a blunder?
Old 07-18-2019, 11:43 AM   #243
h422694

Drives: '16 Z06 7 Spd, 2024 High Country HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
It may be a tad above 3,300, but not by much. I've seen varying weights for the GS in reviews and forums, but they're all in the same general vicinity. 3,350lbs?

The Stingrays are just slightly under 3,300lbs.
Chevy provides spec information to the Corvette Museum for publishing. According to their website, Stingray - 3298, GS - 3428, Z06 - 3524. I originally thought the Stingrays were heavier also but was wrong..
h422694 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 11:46 AM   #244
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Oh no! Something doesn’t cater to the east coast. What a tragedy! How will Corvette recover from such a blunder?
It's also lateish for the midwest as well lol
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 11:54 AM   #245
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by h422694 View Post
Chevy provides spec information to the Corvette Museum for publishing. According to their website, Stingray - 3298, GS - 3428, Z06 - 3524. I originally thought the Stingrays were heavier also but was wrong..
Hmmmm...interesting. Like I said, I've seen all kinds of weights provided. I've seen different guys supply weights of their stock GS's with pictures on the scale (before & after). 3,3XX has been the average.

Oh well. Is it C8 time yet?

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 12:04 PM   #246
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
Comparing my stock C7 GS numbers:
3300lbs.
460hp 465tq

I see the base C8 coming in it at:
$67k ($10k more than the base C7)
3500lbs
500hp 500tq
I was actually thinking of slightly less hp for the new vette, since the engine will be at a smaller displacement (that is if there are no power adders). Making more power with a smaller engine cleanly will be difficult, but then again who knows what GM may have under their sleeves. The new vette should be an athletic wonder even with the current vette hp and torque numbers.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 12:06 PM   #247
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
I assume it was done for the people actually attending the event in Orange County, rather than everyone else watching online. The internet isn't everyone afterall.
California does not represent the entire USA ! Is it even part of the USA anymore ? Should be in Bowling Green
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 12:18 PM   #248
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
I was actually thinking of slightly less hp for the new vette, since the engine will be at a smaller displacement (that is if there are no power adders). Making more power with a smaller engine cleanly will be difficult, but then again who knows what GM may have under their sleeves. The new vette should be an athletic wonder even with the current vette hp and torque numbers.
Word is it will have an updated version of LT1, dubbed LT2, so if that's true, it would still be a 6.2.
Old 07-18-2019, 12:37 PM   #249
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
California does not represent the entire USA ! Is it even part of the USA anymore ? Should be in Bowling Green
California is home to a lot of racing history, and Californians are Americans even if they don't think like you or me (sadly, it appears this is necessary to express these days).
Old 07-18-2019, 01:10 PM   #250
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
California is home to a lot of racing history, and Californians are Americans even if they don't think like you or me (sadly, it appears this is necessary to express these days).
I can't wait to see autonomous EVs race against each other. What manufacturer has better software engineers

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 01:11 PM   #251
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
And the USA does not represent the entire world.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 01:18 PM   #252
Lazerbrainz2k3

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS - M6, NPP, MRC
Quote:
I'd think that if you're going to hold the reveal in California, for those lucky enough to be on hand in that one and only place where the reveal is happening, it would be a minor inconvenience to require them to modify their schedules to show up for a reveal happening at 5:30pm local rather than make millions of enthusiasts on the east coast stay up until midnight to catch the event live.

Or split the difference (more or less) and hold it at the Corvette Museum, making people on both coasts compromise a little.

Then again, after decades of having the NFL schedule Monday Night Football to cater to the west coast audience even for games between two east coast teams (how many people in Seattle and San Francisco REALLY care when the Giants and Eagles play each other?), I should be used to the right coast being disregarded in favor of the left.

I guess I'll find out how the reveal went tomorrow morning. Thanks, GM.
Lazerbrainz2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote