The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 07-16-2019, 08:54 PM   #15
lemontwist

Drives: 12 2SS/RS L99,11 2SS/RS LS3totaled
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeZL1 View Post
Cars need to be driven. You wash it with water and rain is water. Get all season tires and drive it until the snow flies. Enjoy your car as often as you can.
x2
lemontwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 06:53 AM   #16
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
unfortunately, this story has too much truth to it. As we know many "car show" people that get this way. Still funny, but sad it has a lot of truth to it.

I was smart when i bought my car, I checked the box for windshield wipers... I am all set!

I did not check the box for Turn Signals. I heard that wears your battery out faster.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 07:37 AM   #17
J Rod

Drives: '14 BRM 1LE 2SS/RS
Meh, you guys are fooling yourselves. I’ve owned 5 Camaros and a T/A, this is the first one I didn’t have to use as a DD. It’s so much nicer having a perfect-weather-only car… the miles stay low, it’s always clean, I don’t have to worry about weather related accidents (proven fact; the chances of a crash increase 30% even in light rain), and driving a ~600 rwhp car in the rain SUCKS. Oh and as a person who has a history of easily getting bored with his cars, I love getting back into the Camaro after a few days of driving my truck. Absence does indeed make the heart grow fonder. I plan on keeping this car forever so the longer I can make it last, the better.

I will admit though, there is one con to not driving it every day and that is when the weather has cleared up and I’m in my truck watching all you jerks fly past me in your DD Camaros making me jealous. Lol
LSA Blower w/ 2.45 Griptec, Reinforced Brick, FIC 1000 injectors, JRE FPCM, LFP Dual Pass HX, ZL1 IC pump, RotoFab CAI, Bo White TB, Coated Stainless Power 1-7/8" LTs, NPP, NGK TR7IX, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, AEM X-Series WB, Aeroforce Interceptor, MGW Shifter, Z28 Grill, Gary's Custom ZL1 Rockers, Hero Tails, Tuned by IMC

Last edited by J Rod; 07-17-2019 at 01:46 PM.
J Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 08:39 AM   #18
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Everybody chooses to treat their cars in different ways? I'm beyond shocked!!!

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 10:12 AM   #19
kevint

Drives: 2013 1SS
MF probably runs his car with less than 3/4 of a tank of gas. Trade it in before you ruin your investment.
kevint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 02:34 PM   #20
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
I commit blasphemy all the time. I have Blizzaks for the winter, and love to drive my Camaro in the snow...\

I'll be driving out to Milwaukee from Seattle at the end of the month, mostly close to the Canadian border. For me, cars are meant to be driven. I'll be getting up above 65000 miles on my 2016.
Old 07-18-2019, 05:49 AM   #21
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
I commit blasphemy all the time. I have Blizzaks for the winter, and love to drive my Camaro in the snow...\

I'll be driving out to Milwaukee from Seattle at the end of the month, mostly close to the Canadian border. For me, cars are meant to be driven. I'll be getting up above 65000 miles on my 2016.
one more post about having fun with your car and you will be banned!!

lol. Park that thing in the garage and shine on it.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 11:28 AM   #22
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Glad you all enjoyed the laugh. Nothing against those who love to maintain their ride (some to excess). I own a garage queen as well. BUT, I am not afraid of a little weather. Not afraid of the car wash. I may wax it twice a year. In other words, I keep it clean, but I drive it.....that's what I paid for.
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 09:47 AM   #23
Fast02Z06

Drives: 2018 ZL1
fkn awesome ass post bro and thanks for the laughs. Hell I dd my 2016 760 hp Z06 and absolutely refuse to let it sit unless the weather is too crappy (summer tires). I'm too poor to have car's like I do and not dd them or baby the f##k out of them lol.
Fast02Z06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 07:05 PM   #24
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Rod View Post
Meh, you guys are fooling yourselves. I’ve owned 5 Camaros and a T/A, this is the first one I didn’t have to use as a DD. It’s so much nicer having a perfect-weather-only car… the miles stay low, it’s always clean, I don’t have to worry about weather related accidents (proven fact; the chances of a crash increase 30% even in light rain), and driving a ~600 rwhp car in the rain SUCKS. Oh and as a person who has a history of easily getting bored with his cars, I love getting back into the Camaro after a few days of driving my truck. Absence does indeed make the heart grow fonder. I plan on keeping this car forever so the longer I can make it last, the better.

I will admit though, there is one con to not driving it every day and that is when the weather has cleared up and I’m in my truck watching all you jerks fly past me in your DD Camaros making me jealous. Lol
+1