Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-30-2019, 03:50 PM   #85
SJFGTO
Oh Oh it's Friday Night!

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE Nightfall Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by angryBits View Post
Sorry Mike I must not have been as clear as I thought I was.
Let me see if I can explain it better.

At the 10% throttle range, the stock TB feels dead.
At the 20-30% throttle range, the stock TB feels sleepy.

The TMTB has this initial kick around the 10% throttle range but then has little difference beyond that. 20-30% throttle range still feels sleepy.

The Soler TB feels good at 10% throttle, and feels good at the 20-30% throttle. So it feels more consistent / linear to me. This is what I am looking for.

As for being related to the car being louder. That 10% throttle isn't really enough throttle to make any real exhaust noise (IMO). However the 20-30% feels like where it now is pretty nicely loud.

My comment on the other thread was meant to be strongly in favor of the Soler TB. Sorry if it was misleading. I'm a huge fan of the Soler TB, it turned the car into what it should have been from the factory.
Without a doubt, you have the most highly calibrated butt or driving senses or something. 10% this. 20% that. 30% this and that. Not knocking you, I enjoy your posts. Just made me laugh!
2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE NFG; ARH 2” headers, catless mids, ARH full exhaust, Lingenfelter 18% lower pulley, ATI Harmonic Balancer, Roto-fab CAI, EE-catch can, TM ported TB, NX Lid, BMR strut tower brace. Aeroforce dual pod interceptor gauges. Tuned by Vengeance Racing!!! 644 HP @ 6250 rpm / 689 trq @ 3660 rpm

Four that wanna own me
Two that wanna stone me
One says she's a friend of mine...
SJFGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 06:51 PM   #86
angryBits

Drives: ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJFGTO View Post
Without a doubt, you have the most highly calibrated butt or driving senses or something. 10% this. 20% that. 30% this and that. Not knocking you, I enjoy your posts. Just made me laugh!
All guesses of course.

Current: 2019 ZL1 1LE A10
Mods: MPS4s Tires | Borla Atak | CF Steering Wheel
Previous: 2018 ZL1 1LE M6 | 2017 Z06 Z07 M7 | 2017 GS A8 | 2015 ZL1 M6 | 2013 GT500
angryBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 07:45 PM   #87
Zigg L1

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Garnet Red Tintcoat A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJFGTO View Post
Hahaha read my mind!!
Zigg L1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 09:33 PM   #88
SHE'Z 18

Drives: 18 ZL1 - M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROMETHEUS View Post
Just got back from my "learning phase".

Step 2 - Completed without any issue. Although it had a rough idle at the startup, but went away quickly.

Step 3/4 - Partially completed. Prior to the start of the relearn, I contacted Mike about this step, my concern was having my neighbors complain about the noise at 4000 RPMs. I have an AWE Track Exhaust and it is a "little" loud. Nevertheless, on my first acceleration, it would not go beyond 2500 RPMs, so I figured it was still learning. So I went back down to idle, left the car run for a few more minutes. The second acceleration went to 3000 RPMs and no further. I had no codes, so I felt comfortable the TB was relearning. Turned the car off.

Step 5 - Started the car, without any issue. Although it doesn't specifically say, I think this step is more for A10 than M6. But nevertheless I went though the gears and had no issues.

Step 6 - Started the car, without any issue. Time for a drive, to give the TB an opportunity to graduate from elementary school.

Weather - Sunshine, mid 80s, little humidity.
Car was in Touring Mode "as recommended in the instructions", Rev Match on
Speeds varied between 25 and 70 on, In-Town, country and 4 lane divided highway roads. About half the trip the Cruise Control was active.
Total of 132 miles at an average speed of 48 MPH and a 21.9 MPG

During the trip, I had about 12 occasions, in which I attempted to stale the car from a dead stop, i.e., stop light, stop sign, etc. Something I was having a problem with, for both the OEM TB and TM TB. Needless to say, I couldn't. Although I don't think I did anything different, it would be difficult for me to say it was all the TB! Additionally I had on 5 occasions to test the response of the TB at, shall we say "spirited driving". It was responsive, crisp and clean and didn't have any "bog" events that I was aware of.

BTW, the last thing I did, before I turned the car off in the garage was take it to 4000RPMs. Had no issues!

Overall, I am very pleased with the Soler TB. Mike has been very responsive to my questions and answered all my concerns quickly. Thanks Mike for the great customer service and an even better TB.

If anyone has any questions, please let me know and I will try and answer them.

I am going to continue to drive the car for the next couple of days, because I am taking it to the track on Thursday at Dominion Raceway. I will post my observations about the TB during that event.
I pulled my battery cable on Friday and installed the Soler today. Just as Prometheus describes above, I carefully and accurately went through each step as laid out. As of now, I'm 50 miles in... Instead of telling the same story all over again, I'm going to reinforce the fantastic review that Prometheus gave.. I'll update later as I continue to add the miles... Bottom line... So far, so good!!! Thanks Soler!!
SHE'Z 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 08:44 PM   #89
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Drives: 2015 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHE'Z 18 View Post
I pulled my battery cable on Friday and installed the Soler today. Just as Prometheus describes above, I carefully and accurately went through each step as laid out. As of now, I'm 50 miles in... Instead of telling the same story all over again, I'm going to reinforce the fantastic review that Prometheus gave.. I'll update later as I continue to add the miles... Bottom line... So far, so good!!! Thanks Soler!!
You are very welcome. Thank you and all others (every single one of you) for your kind words.
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 03:34 PM   #90
Zigg L1

Mike is it worth the lt5 TB upgrade or stick with your stock ported? And do you offer an lt5 95mm TB ported for our zl1 lt4 with spacer bracket?
Old 07-02-2019, 04:33 PM   #91
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigg L1 View Post
Mike is it worth the lt5 TB upgrade or stick with your stock ported? And do you offer an lt5 95mm TB ported for our zl1 lt4 with spacer bracket?
Zigg, if you are looking for more power at WOT, then; the LT5 TB plus some other mods to compliment it is the way to go. You might need to tune for it.

If you are looking for more power at part throttle, and/or don't want to tune, then, our modified LT4 would do better.

Working on the LT5 TB, still halfway through it. Yes, we plan on providing means for fitment/attachment as well, not sure which form it will have yet.

Thanks,
Old 07-02-2019, 05:17 PM   #92
Zigg L1

Would you recommend porting the supercharger an or snot with the lt5. I dont want to get into all that. We spoke this morning. Mods now are roto-fab, nx lid, and borla Stype catback. Most other mods i would do is upper pulley swap and possibly headers. Along with which ever ported TB would suit that list the best
Old 07-02-2019, 05:59 PM   #93
atiprocharger

Drives: Black 2018 Camaro ZL1 auto
Im in. Ordered one June 30........
Old 07-02-2019, 07:10 PM   #94
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigg L1 View Post
Would you recommend porting the supercharger an or snot with the lt5. I dont want to get into all that. We spoke this morning. Mods now are roto-fab, nx lid, and borla Stype catback. Most other mods i would do is upper pulley swap and possibly headers. Along with which ever ported TB would suit that list the best
I think, that enlarging the TB only doesn't help much. The point is to identify and attack the main restrictions to flow "the bottlenecks" and eliminate them in their order. When you get to the point where the TB is the bottleneck, size it up so it is not anymore.

The order may (arguably) look like this and usually, the cost is higher in this order too.

1) Heads
2) Manifold
3) Exhaust
4) Intake (including filter)
5) TB

That is at WOT. At part throttle the TB is number 1) by ample margin, meaning that this is where it really counts.

The takeaway is when looking at TB's, think; "I need a TB to be really good at part throttle and just make sure it is not an obstacle at WOT."

Rather than; "I'll get a larger TB to get more power at WOT regardless of what it does at part throttle"

I hope it makes sense. Thx.
Old 07-03-2019, 01:29 PM   #95
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
So in the past i had on a different ported TB on my 2016, i did not send that one to Mike, i sent my old stock unit to them, and let me say this, it fixed my low speed problems with the car, no more stalling out from a stop when you only let the clutch out, drives now like all M6 cars have driven from the start of time, next up will be driving it on my trailer test with out slipping clutch.

At this point i like it a lot and highly recommend this TB.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 10:26 AM   #96
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
So in the past i had on a different ported TB on my 2016, i did not send that one to Mike, i sent my old stock unit to them, and let me say this, it fixed my low speed problems with the car, no more stalling out from a stop when you only let the clutch out, drives now like all M6 cars have driven from the start of time, next up will be driving it on my trailer test with out slipping clutch.

At this point i like it a lot and highly recommend this TB.
Thanks, 2SSRS. Many similar accounts here and at Corvette Forum. We are very glad you liked it.
Old 07-08-2019, 08:31 PM   #97
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
I just ordered mine !!!!!

I also just got a drop in green air filter !! Looking forward to some happy revving !! Hahahaha

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 06:42 PM   #98
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain View Post
I just ordered mine !!!!!

I also just got a drop in green air filter !! Looking forward to some happy revving !! Hahahaha
Thank you much, Alain.