#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-25-2019, 03:30 PM   #505
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroJD View Post
I want to know this as well and haven't found an answer. I'm not drilling into it until I know it's easy to replace.
If you don't want to drill into the plastic part, you can allays wire it up with the switch hang down from the back of the seat.

So we looked it up and yes the side panel is out there, but there are 3 different part # depending on your VIN #

Last edited by 2SSRS@Gen5diy; 06-25-2019 at 03:58 PM.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 10:13 AM   #506
cdrptrks

Drives: 2017 Blue Camaro 1SS 1LE with PDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by madscotsman View Post
Silly question, I know, but I'm assuming you disconnect the negative battery terminal before unplugging the harnesses under the seats, correct?? It wasn't shown or mentioned in the installation video.
I did it without disconnecting the battery without causing any issues or dash lights. But if you accidentally damage a wiring harness by moving the seats around or disconnecting a plug using too much force on the wires without disconnecting the battery there is a chance you may blow a fuse or damage a component if it receives the wrong voltage from two damaged wires touching.
cdrptrks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 02:32 PM   #507
appleman22

Drives: 2017 1ss 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrptrks View Post
I did it without disconnecting the battery without causing any issues or dash lights. But if you accidentally damage a wiring harness by moving the seats around or disconnecting a plug using too much force on the wires without disconnecting the battery there is a chance you may blow a fuse or damage a component if it receives the wrong voltage from two damaged wires touching.
you'd have to be out of your f'ing mind to do any sort of electrical work without first disconnecting the battery. Talk about asking for trouble.
appleman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 03:55 PM   #508
camaroJD

Drives: 2019 Satin Steel 1SS 1LE w/ PDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
If you don't want to drill into the plastic part, you can allays wire it up with the switch hang down from the back of the seat.

So we looked it up and yes the side panel is out there, but there are 3 different part # depending on your VIN #
I was thinking maybe from the front so it's easy to reach but I haven't taken it apart yet. Can you tell me the part numbers/costs?
camaroJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 04:17 PM   #509
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroJD View Post
I was thinking maybe from the front so it's easy to reach but I haven't taken it apart yet. Can you tell me the part numbers/costs?
Just my 2 cents here, but the switch is in such a discrete location I doubt 1 in 100 people would even notice it enough to ask the question what it's for.

maybe consider this plug (link below) to make it appear stock, and only for $2 you get 25 of them.

https://www.grainger.com/product/1EL...g!437908125960!
Old 06-26-2019, 07:56 PM   #510
camaroJD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
Just my 2 cents here, but the switch is in such a discrete location I doubt 1 in 100 people would even notice it enough to ask the question what it's for.

maybe consider this plug (link below) to make it appear stock, and only for $2 you get 25 of them.

https://www.grainger.com/product/1EL...g!437908125960!
I'd rather be safe than sorry with my warranty, especially with anything electrical.
Old 06-27-2019, 06:53 AM   #511
madscotsman

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:

My concern wasn't really with my wiring skills, but more with the Airbags in the seats. In most cases seems like they suggest you treat them like you are handling Nitroglycerin.
madscotsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 01:52 AM   #512
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
My concern wasn't really with my wiring skills, but more with the Airbags in the seats. In most cases seems like they suggest you treat them like you are handling Nitroglycerin.
Yes if they get power they can pop, but don't forget when you remove the seat for install, your removing the power to the air bag.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 11:51 AM   #513
GrimReaperSS

Drives: 2001 Onyx Black/Ebony SS. 427/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
Yes if they get power they can pop, but don't forget when you remove the seat for install, your removing the power to the air bag.
I don't know specifically on these cars, but a lot of vehicles have dual stage air bags for the driver and passengers based on how close the seat is to the air bag. They use a seat track position sensor that likely will have to be recalibrated when reinstalling the seats, again, if this vehicle has that. Also, if it uses a seat weight sensor for the passengers seat, i.e so it knows if there is a child or small adult in the seat, those have to be recalibrated when the seat is reinstalled as well. Just something to research when messing with seats.
GrimReaperSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 01:17 AM   #514
AZ_1LE

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
Did anyone figure out a way to make the fan increase it’s RPM or a replacement fan that puts out more air? Again, in my ZL1, the ventilation is a joke at the moment.
AZ_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 05:56 AM   #515
madscotsman

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
You have to have the AC on and directed to the floor for the best "cooling" performance.

I installed my kit last week and they work pretty good. I think the directions need to be updated as a 3/4" hole was not big enough for the switches provided. I had to use the next hole size (13/16") on my step down drill bit to get them to fit. With a 3/4" hole the fitment was so tight that the switches wouldn't toggle without excessive force.
madscotsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 02:34 PM   #516
cdrptrks

Quote:
I think the directions need to be updated as a 3/4" hole was not big enough for the switches provided. I had to use the next hole size (13/16") on my step down drill bit to get them to fit. With a 3/4" hole the fitment was so tight that the switches wouldn't toggle without excessive force.
Agreed, but I was able to make a few extra passes pushing around the perimeter with my 3/4" step bit to make the hole large enough to fit the switches and their built in retaining clips since I didn't have a larger drill bit on hand.

https://www.harborfreight.com/1-4-qu...ill-44460.html
Old 07-18-2019, 03:29 AM   #517
cdrptrks

Also the driver's side controller knob rotated itself too far so the fans stopped working twice during normal driving so I just reset the knob position again and pulled the plastic knob off to see if it stays in place this time.
Old 07-18-2019, 07:09 AM   #518
camaroJD

Quote:
Also the driver's side controller knob rotated itself too far so the fans stopped working twice during normal driving so I just reset the knob position again and pulled the plastic knob off to see if it stays in place this time.
Interesting, I was worried about this happening.

I installed the driver's side a few weeks ago. The install wasn't terrible but the heat I did it in made things fun. It works great. As I stated above, I'm concerned about drilling into the plastic so I have switch hanging under the front lip of the seat. I'll probably do the passenger side and mount/route the power wire better this weekend.