Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-18-2022, 05:58 PM   #1
Luther

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS Convertible
2013 Camaro 2SS Convertible Exhaust

I'm new to the forums but there is a lot of good info here. I know that this has been asked before so please forgive me for asking again. I did run through the forums. and I didn't feel like this question got answered to my liking.

I have a 2013 Camaro 2SS convertible, automatic and needs some exhaust mods. Back in 2018 I installed a Borla ATAK cat back system on the car and to tell you the truth I've never really liked it. It was a nice wake up from the factory exhaust when the car was stock, but it's a bit raspy and at highway speeds there's quite a bit of drone which surprised me based off research that I did before buying it.

About 3 weeks ago I completed a TSP cam, heads and headers install and now I really hate the exhaust. When I start the car it's so raspy that it is getting me in trouble with the neighbors. When you accelerate, it sounds like a mustang owner that's trying too hard and I have to change it.

Since I have a Borla system on the car now, I thought about just getting some S-Type or Touring mufflers to quiet it down. I heard someone say (and I think they had a convertible) that the S-Type droned worse than the ATAK. I think someone was going to try the touring exhaust but ended up going with j-pipes. Has anyone installed the touring mufflers on their car and what did you think of it? Anyone have any comments on the S-Type?

I wish I had left the factory exhaust on the car, because I hear that it's spectacular with mods like mine, but mine is gone.

What other options should I look at?

Thanks.
Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 06:09 PM   #2
tartagliazl1

Drives: 2013 zl1 vert
Find someone willing to trade with cash for your borla for the factory NPP exhaust. By far the best sound with headers and cam. Still going to annoy your neighbors though.
22% lower/ 2.5 upper/ 2” headers/ cat delete/ x-pipe/ 2 gallon x tank/ 100-3 pump/ fic 850/ dsx aux kit/ 103mm throttle body/ RPM 5” intake/ meth kit/ prometh lid injection/FI interchiller/ 160* stat/ ngk-7/ msd wires/ elite catch can/ tsp cam/ Che trunnions/ ported supercharger/ 1/2” lid spacer/ brick mod/BMR toe and trailing arms/ 751hp 757 tq SAE @17.3lb on a loaded dyno.
tartagliazl1 is offline   Reply With Quote